Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Right. It's just that what you said was he "wouldn't come for any sum of money" and also that he "doesn't want to risk tarnishing his reputation by Coaching without Cam Smith" which certainly sounded like you had a direct link to what goes on inside his brain. If you apparently don't then I'm really not sure how you could possibly know these things as fact unless he told you himself?
He does, Foordy is Barb. You can tell by the lovely ring he wears.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hope it ultimately comes out in the end what happened in the relationship between Morris, White and Bennett and the club.

It shits me to tears that the one time we had someone come up with what appears to be a sensible succession plan, that is, WB for an extra year and then hand over to JD, that it was simply dismissed out of hand (apparently). I hope that there was some cogent and compelling explanation as to why the club rejected that proposition and it was not based on some ego conflict and dick measuring exercise between Morris and White on one side and Bennett on the other.

to be fair, that was Wayne Bennett's succession plan ... not the clubs.

maybe the club didn't rate JD

The old boys still would have been pissed because their mate would still have missed out on the job.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
to be fair, that was Wayne Bennett's succession plan ... not the clubs.

maybe the club didn't rate JD

The old boys still would have been pissed because their mate would still have missed out on the job.
Hence the statement about hoping it comes out what went down. If there is a legitimate reason why the club was not happy with the propsoal I would love to know the reasoning.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
On another note I liked what Thorn had to say with regards to how he saw success when he played in teams that did well.

"Every time I won a title we were usually top of the defence," Thorn said on Wednesday ahead of their Friday night clash with the Western Force.
"Any time I've been in a team that's done well - we focused on it (defence) a lot at the Broncos, the Crusaders, the All Blacks.
"You look at the Crusaders and Jaguares in Super Rugby last year they were one and two; defence is just so important.
"What it says is a lot about your attitude, a lot about your mindset as a team, your connection, the spirit of the team."

Last edited:
Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Just curious who actually selects our coach and does it need to be unanimous?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Just curious who actually selects our coach and does it need to be unanimous?

the board selects the coach.

in seibs case, they had a sub-commitee (made up of White, Morris and Lockyer) that made the recommendation to the board.

I don't know if it needs to be unanimous

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
the board selects the coach.

in seibs case, they had a sub-commitee (made up of White, Morris and Lockyer) that made the recommendation to the board.

I don't know if it needs to be unanimous

Doesn't that mean the board submitted to the board?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
From what I see only locky and morris are directors

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Doesn't that mean the board submitted to the board?

the duty to find the preferred candidate was delegated to those three, who then would have had to present their choice, reasons etc to the full board, who would have put it to a vote. pretty standard in business really

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
From what I see only locky and morris are directors

Brisbane Broncos Board of Directors:

Karl Morris AO (Chairman)

Anthony Joseph

Kevin Lawlor (Alternate Director)

Darren Lockyer

Neil Monaghan

Vicki Wilson

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Is It possible that morris and white recommended seibold and Lockyer wanted kevvie?
Is why I'm curious if it had to be unanimous

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Is It possible that morris and white recommended seibold and Lockyer wanted kevvie?
Is why I'm curious if it had to be unanimous

it would only be a guess ... but IMO, it is likely the sub-committee made a unanimous decision

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
it would only be a guess ... but IMO, it is likely the sub-committee made a unanimous decision
Really hope it wasn't unanimous,would give me a bit more hope for next year should ikin get the job.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Really hope it wasn't unanimous,would give me a bit more hope for next year should ikin get the job.

If you are hoping that Ikin will come in and immediately sack Seibold, it would be foolish to get your hopes up because:

1) he hasn't actually got the job yet
2) he won't have any more power to hire/fire coaches than Paul White does
3) even he has said he won't immediately make changes until he is inside the organisation to see what changes are needed (and it may not be all seibs fault)
4) even if he does manage to have seibs sacked, there is a better than good chance the job will go to Paul Green (good mates with both Ikin and Lockyer) and he spent 2.5 years propping up the table before he "walked"

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Brotherdu
  • Evander
  • mieko
  • Johnny92
  • ostin86
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.