Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
But if you heard 'we can outbid anyone else in the game' then yes, on every possible financial metric that would likely be correct because our financials suggest we are several leagues in front of even our closest rival financially.

Roosters could outbid us and easily. Politis could offer a 2 million sign on bonus without making a dent in his financials. We're relatively rich but Roosters are easily first, and if Melbourne have rich owners who are willing to stump personal cash in because it's their passion/hobby, they'd be way ahead too.

But I do agree we should have offered at least 500k over Melbourne, even if Melbourne can match that, good. If they can't, all the better.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
the thing I find interesting is that he would've wanted Robinson, yet Robinsons only experience prior to the Roosters was coaching Catalans - the same yardstick he's using to discount Walters.
I didn’t read any context of your post but Robinson’s win % at Catalans was far better than Kev’s.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the thing I find interesting is that he would've wanted Robinson, yet Robinsons only experience prior to the Roosters was coaching Catalans - the same yardstick he's using to discount Walters.

I didn’t read any context of your post but Robinson’s win % at Catalans was far better than Kev’s.

Robinson has a 59% winning record at Catalans while Walters had a 37% winning record

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Brandon Smith has reportedly informed the Storm in writing that if Cam Smith plays on next year he is requesting a release. Lets get our offer ready.
Which is the biggest indication he's done playing second fiddle. Even if Smith retires, it's pretty obvious Brandon would be keen to leave to be first choice 9.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I'd rather grant thanks
Brandon Smith is Foran MkII.

Plays way too hard and gives away way too much weight for the style he plays.

If Smith keeps going at the rate he is, it’s highly likely he’ll end up held together with masking tape by his mid 20’s (late 20’s if he’s lucky), just like Foran.

Last edited:
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

If Smith keeps going at the rate he is, it’s highly likely he’ll end up held together with masking tape by his mid 20’s (late 20’s if he’s lucky), just like Foran.
That’s what I think too, but you should get a few years where he’s close to (if not the) best 9 in the game.

Last edited:
IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019

Interesting view. Different style to CS9 then, I never could work out how CS9 was almost never injured.

Luke Keary is another player with more courage than his body can handle, can't think of any Bronco that fits that mould, our players just have the injury prone part worked out.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
That’s what I think too, but you should get a few years where he’s close to (if not the) best 9 in the game.
Agreed, but like @pagey said, I’d prefer Grant.

If for no other reason, he *should* have more longevity with the same, or better, skill set.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Interesting view. Different style to CS9 then, I never could work out how CS9 was almost never injured.

Luke Keary is another player with more courage than his body can handle, can't think of any Bronco that fits that mould, our players just have the injury prone part worked out.
Yeh, definitely not supposed to be a criticism. The bloke is fearless, been playing prop lately, so hat off to him - he’s a lunatic!

But there is only so much his body can take if he keeps bashing himself the way he is.

Keary is another great example. I can’t help but think he’s one more concussion away from being unable to say his own name.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Well Brendon Smith just broke his jaw so it’s safe to assume he must be planning to sign for us.
All he needs now is to be caught sniffing coke off a hooker's arse at a bikie function and he's ours.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Joey in the media spruking Kevvie.

Its reported cowboys havnt got back to Kevvie, i wonder if the Broncos have been in talk with him - he has been very very quiet with his opinion of the Broncos and whats going on.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
If Melbourne are even half as smart as we think they are then they'll do the intelligent thing and tell Cam Smith if he wants to play on then he needs to do it elsewhere. Losing one of both of Grant and Brandon Smith just to get a season or two more out of Cam Smith could potentially set them back a very long way in the long run.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.