Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

They can deny it as much as they like now, but we are in rebuild phase. We need at least one workmanlike prop. We need a half, we need a center and a fullback for next year.
There’s no decent halves or fullbacks available so we are probably screwed. The club picked a bad time to have their roster mismanagement come to a head.

Last edited:
Can’t believe we’ve heard nothing from the club. I mean, I can believe it, but really, we should have heard something from those potatoes.
Hopefully they're waiting to lock in a new CEO and coach before saying much. If not, then we are in for a world of hurt.

There’s no decent halves or fullbacks available so we are probably screwed. The club picked a bad time to have their roster mismanagement come to a head.

We need for our recruitment team to get a bit creative. Pity there is no reserve grade as there are a few players i think would have been worth a shot. If Souths didnt sign Latrell i think Gebbe may have featured more for them at fullback. His PNG team mate Nixon Puth would be a good shout for a back rower. Jordan Grant from Redcliffe would offer more than Joffa or Kennedy from the bench as well as a prop. For a half i'd be making a play for Matt Burton from Penrith. Opacic would offer us a bit more stability for a decent price in the centers.

Might as well rename this thread 'Lets Plan for 2022'
2021 is already looking a writeoff. ☹

That's the impression I get as well.

The Broncos have given the fans nothing to look forward to. On the face of it '21 is shaping up even worse than '20 given they've lost Fifita and they're set to lose Pangai Jr. They haven't announced any signings or given fans anything to be optimistic about moving forward, they're just getting lapped by teams week after week in the most demoralising fashion.

I don't get any inkling that they're going to sign anybody of note and even of the players available, I'm unsure how many they'd even want to bring to the club.

At best, they'll go to the market and sign a marquee or two heading into '22 and maybe entice them over earlier, but beyond that it's lean times for the club.

That's the impression I get as well.

The Broncos have given the fans nothing to look forward to. On the face of it '21 is shaping up even worse than '20 given they've lost Fifita and they're set to lose Pangai Jr. They haven't announced any signings or given fans anything to be optimistic about moving forward, they're just getting lapped by teams week after week in the most demoralising fashion.

I don't get any inkling that they're going to sign anybody of note and even of the players available, I'm unsure how many they'd even want to bring to the club.

At best, they'll go to the market and sign a marquee or two heading into '22 and maybe entice them over earlier, but beyond that it's lean times for the club.

Yes and... looking at this optimistically, perhaps the board/HQ has finally learned how to keep secrets during the last week?

If we don't have a billion injuries and a different coach things could go better next year, but we'd still probably be lucky to make the finals.

Might as well rename this thread 'Lets Plan for 2022'
2021 is already looking a writeoff. ☹

Yep, if it weren't for one measly field goal, we would be dead last by a long way right now.

Lol Cam Smith. I just find the Smith stuff totally pie in the sky material. Like he would play his whole career at the Storm, but then play a final season at the Broncos. Just makes no sense.

Captain-coach 2021 then head coach. For mine that's all we need. With him in those roles, he'd make everything work, and who we have atm is very good, given a proper leader and coach

Last edited:
The Raging fool says that for us to bounce back we need look no further than the Titans ...

it may just be me, but i think we should aim a tad higher than 4 wins from 14 games. also we definitely should not follow their lead of paying players serious overs (in Fifita's case close to 500k in overs)
Nope, not what he said I'm afraid.

Not too sure he'd even want it to be honest, but in talking today with a CEO, Gene Miles came up- He's done a tremendous job as CEO of FOGS and turned it from a reunion to a massive organisation that not only funds the Origin team with the QRL have funds the game in Queensland.

A general question but when as a club, in people's opinion did we become reactive rather than proactive?

A general question but when as a club, in people's opinion did we become reactive rather than proactive?

December 2018.

Reading between the lines, but the Broncos wanted Bennett gone and thought as soon as he returned from England he'd make way and both club's would go on with their lives. However, Bennett didn't make it easy on them so they had to leak info to the CM to get him ousted and put Seibs in. When the results didn't come, the Broncos started tearing up contracts left right and centre until they had a roster made up of QCup players. Each signing screamed desperation, like they were taking fan suggestions and trying to build a squad around it. Sign this unwanted half, he's surely better than Turpin, sign this Fijian who has YouTube highlights, sign this QCup player who has decent stats.

They were just superficial changes that didn't address the heart of the matter and the issues plaguing the team.

Under Seibold the Broncos have become an ill-disciplined soft embarrassment of a football team and if it wasn't for a few individual players busting their asses week in week out he wouldn't have one positive to point to. He's brought in a bunch of young players, blooded them, but he hasn't made them into first graders. They're first graders in name only and some of them are being pushed into the big time with absolutely no safety net. It's a joke and I cannot believe how irresponsible the staff has been.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.