where will barba play??

Barba looks to be far too small for centre. I know size isn't everything but.....

Opacic could be considered for a wing spot if he is still in the Broncos stable and puts in a good pre season

Left field
Why not Barba at 14, bring him on at left centre and shove Copley into second row on the left for a while. I think Copley could be dangerous just a little closer to the action without wearing him out for a whole game

2017 Copley at 11 and Oates at 12

Last edited:
Barba in the centres means dale copley is on the wing, which is my only issue. If Barbs is in the centres I want to see Daniel Vidot on the wing and shift barba to the wing to defend in our own 20

I wouldn't mind Barba in the centres. Just concentrate on his running game.

There certainly are a few possibilities outside the obvious case of Boyd at fullback. There's still a chance Barba could be playing fullback, or even five-eighth.

I don't think Barba would be effective at centre, especially in defence. He would get found out in defence with poor defensive reads due to the fact he has most likely never played there. That would only shatter his confidence and he'd once again go back in to his shell.

I think it could be a small possibility that Boyd could play centre if Barba is in good form.

SCENARIO 1:
1. Barba/Milford
2. Vidot
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford/Barba
7. Hunt

Another possibility could be Boyd at 6. He grew up playing five-eighth and there was talk a while back that he wanted to make the switch.

SCENARIO 2:
1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Boyd
7. Hunt

14. Barba

But I would honestly prefer the team below.

SCENARIO 3:
1. Barba/Milford
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford/Barba
7. Hunt

There certainly are a few possibilities outside the obvious case of Boyd at fullback. There's still a chance Barba could be playing fullback, or even five-eighth.

I don't think Barba would be effective at centre, especially in defence. He would get found out in defence with poor defensive reads due to the fact he has most likely never played there. That would only shatter his confidence and he'd once again go back in to his shell.

I think it could be a small possibility that Boyd could play centre if Barba is in good form.

SCENARIO 1:
1. Barba/Milford
2. Vidot
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford/Barba
7. Hunt

Another possibility could be Boyd at 6. He grew up playing five-eighth and there was talk a while back that he wanted to make the switch.

SCENARIO 2:
1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Boyd
7. Hunt

14. Barba

But I would honestly prefer the team below.

SCENARIO 3:
1. Barba/Milford
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford/Barba
7. Hunt

I think the numbers 1 and 6 are already taken, Bennett himself said Boyd would be fullback and Milford would be five-eight.

Milford is definitely 5/8, no ifs or buts about it.

Barba in the centres with he and Boyd moving in and out of FB/ centre for different plays in the ten would be an alright ploy to work with imo. We would need a pretty good forward defending next to Barba though.

Vidot should be a definite starter for sure. Had a great year.
He had a good year and would be a front runner but by no means guaranteed. Would take only a slight slip off in commitment during preseason to relinquish his spot

So you wouldn't even consider him at fullback?

Its not that [MENTION=2021]broncospwn[/MENTION] doesn't consider him a fullback, its that Wayne Bennett has already come out and said that Milford will definitely be starting the season at 5/8.

So there is really no point talking about him in any other position.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.