NEWS White: Seibold will win a premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seibold probably talked about his Harvard course in "team building" or whatever new age nonsense he talks about. We are still in the "forming" phase apparently.
Hope we get to the Performing stage pretty quickly...

I have not been impressed by Siebs at all so far, I think he has displayed zero ingenuity or anything at all that justifies his hype and his bench use is among the worst I’ve ever seen. He looks like he is trying to copy and paste Bennett’s Broncos and that is where this side has been inherited from.

Wayne has put this club in this predicament. He let Taylor walk (maybe it will turn out to not be that big a loss but at the time I remember clearly thinking it was a Sherwin/JT style decision). He signed Boyd and Macca to long-term contracts and his GF tilt was built on the side Hook had assembled minus Blair and Boyd really.

Bennett also seems to have coached Milford into a spud. Bennett needed to go and while he did a lot of good, he also has a lot to answer for. There needed to be a coaching change and at the time, Siebs seemed the no brainer decision.

Right now, it looks a bad decision but let’s wait and see what happens if and hopefully when he actually starts to make the big, necessary decisions.

Good post, completely agree.

There was never that honeymoon period at Newcastle and the Dragons played well for Bennett for 2 1/2 years. It was only around the Origin period that the wheels started to fall off for St. George.
Didn't he take them to a grand final qualifier at the Knights? They had one good season, one bad, and one nightmare under Wayne's stint at Newcastle and that was including the disaster season with the McKinnon injury and the players not being paid. I believe he had a 45% WR during his time there. For reference, Stone followed that with a 33% record but got sacked pretty quickly, Brown who has had a longer stint than Bennett has so far achieved a 21% WR.

Bennett made a lot of mistakes at Newcastle but he did plenty of good stuff. Brown is a good recruiter because I do rate the Knights squad but man he is an awful coach. There is just no excuse for his win record and I'm stunned Newcastle still haven't sacked him. If Newcastle don't make the 8 this year he surely has to go, he can 't be excused forever.

Didn't he take them to a grand final qualifier at the Knights? They had one good season, one bad, and one nightmare under Wayne's stint at Newcastle and that was including the disaster season with the McKinnon injury and the players not being paid. I believe he had a 45% WR during his time there. For reference, Stone followed that with a 33% record but got sacked pretty quickly, Brown who has had a longer stint than Bennett has so far achieved a 21% WR.

Bennett made a lot of mistakes at Newcastle but he did plenty of good stuff. Brown is a good recruiter because I do rate the Knights squad but man he is an awful coach. There is just no excuse for his win record and I'm stunned Newcastle still haven't sacked him. If Newcastle don't make the 8 this year he surely has to go, he can 't be excused forever.

It's his team now, he has assembled it and can't blame Wayne anymore.

I would say this has to be his last season unless he makes the 8.

I doubt that, judging by White's comments.

We've heard what all the ex players think about Walters missing out on the job, but I wonder what all the current ones think. It would go a way to explaining some of the piss-poor attitudes from some of them.

I doubt that, judging by White's comments.

We've heard what all the ex players think about Walters missing out on the job, but I wonder what all the current ones think. It would go a way to explaining some of the piss-poor attitudes from some of them.

I think Kimlo (can't get used to that Spwn) was actually referring to Brown at Newcastle. But I agree with you, if we knew what was being said behind closed doors in terms of the team's attitude to either Seibold or his tactics it might tell a story whether these are just teething issues or in fact potentially terminal concerns.

I think Kimlo (can't get used to that Spwn) was actually referring to Brown at Newcastle. But I agree with you, if we knew what was being said behind closed doors in terms of the team's attitude to either Seibold or his tactics it might tell a story whether these are just teething issues or in fact potentially terminal concerns.
Yeah definitely about Brown. I don't think Seibold should or would be sacked if we missed the 8 but if we missed 2 years in a row, he'd definitely be fighting for his career. That being said, I doubt that happens. I'm pretty confident we'll turn around our garbage start and be fighting for the 8 this year and be looking a lot closer to top 4 next year.

Yeah definitely about Brown. I don't think Seibold should or would be sacked if we missed the 8 but if we missed 2 years in a row, he'd definitely be fighting for his career. That being said, I doubt that happens. I'm pretty confident we'll turn around our garbage start and be fighting for the 8 this year and be looking a lot closer to top 4 next year.

Yep, I agree with this, I think he has grace this year, but if next year there is not a marked improvement, there may be a club review with players interviewed (think Henjak).

If any players have issues with him and aren't putting in because of it then they are the ones that have to go. He's the choice we made, either get with the program or **** off.

If any players have issues with him and aren't putting in because of it then they are the ones that have to go. He's the choice we made, either get with the program or **** off.

We also chose Henjak and Hook

Up until they beat the Broncos in Round 25, the Knights place in the 2013 finals series was still under jeopardy. The Knights finished the year well, with the Week 2 victory against Melbourne being an obvious high point. However, there were still plenty of concerns surrounding the playing roster and when they were thumped by the Roosters it brought a lot of those issues to the fore.

Good to see someone has some confidence amidst all this doom and gloom
Now I just need to know which year do you think it will be?

It depends on the development of the young players, but realistically I think 2021 is our best shot. Possibly next year if everything goes to plan.

The Eels just put 50 points on the team that dicked us by 6 last week.

That right there is where we're at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • davidp
  • john1420
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Notorious
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.