NEWS White: Seibold will win a premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we really need to cut Seibs some slack, he hasn't really had much going his way this year.
  • We still have the same pair of inconsistent halves which struggled last year and limited backup/alternative options
  • Limited attacking option in the 9 and limited backup/alternative options
  • TPJ suspension
  • Haas suspension
  • Lodge suspension and injury
  • Jimmy the Jet (our x-factor which saved us numerous times last year) injury and attitude problem
  • Gillett - coming back from a serious long term injury
  • Bird - coming back from a long term injury and playing on his non-preferred side.
  • Club moved on Mcguire - this removed a lot of experience from the forwards
  • Very limited leadership in the team.
  • The 'dropseys' - ball control has been terrible, in particular the back 3 have put a lot of extra work on our defense.
Seibs was always going to cop it, if the team fails then its all his fault because he was blessed with the best young squad ever, if he wins its because Wayne Bennett has built him this amazing team. The man can't win either way.

I know that. They won’t beat them when it matters most.

Not this season, but in a few years when we have the following core pack in their primes and all playing rep footy we will be near impossible to beat:

8. Haas
10. TPJ (I'm assuming Lodge is gone after this contract)
11. Gillet
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan
15. Flegler
15. Jo O
17. Su'a

This why the club is letting players like McGuire, Niko, and possibly Roberts walk. Haas for example is already playing to his price tag, imagine the guy in 3-4 years. If he goes injury free his six year contract could be the best deal of all time.

EDIT: Add in that that rorters, storm, and Souths have key players who are in their 30s and will retire soon and our current major competition will regress significantly. The storm for example will be struggling to make the eight without Smith. The rorters, who seem to be the only club who can afford to have 4-5 million dollar players they've poached on their books, will probably just sign whoever they want when Cronk retires, but there won't be anyone of his calibre in the market.

Last edited:
I teach the same teamwork structures that he’s talking about, though maybe his is slightly Harvardised.

The structure of teamwork is:
  1. Forming
  2. Storming
  3. Norming
  4. Performing
Long way to go yet, but I think we are entering the Storming phase where lots of radical ideas and changes are being considered (roster changes). I have utter faith in understanding the theory and practice of making a team perform through the consciousness of developmental stages. Otherwise, you’re just winging it.

1. Forming: try to find some form

2. Storming: keep in form players with a second set of books and secret boat hand outs.

3. Norming: Sign Corey Norman.

4. Performing: profit.

The Eels just put 50 points on the team that dicked us by 6 last week.

That right there is where we're at.
Then that team just got done by a team on the same amount of wins as us.
It is the NRL. Yardsticks will always **** you in the arse, try to avoid them

Not this season, but in a few years when we have the following core pack in their primes and all playing rep footy we will be near impossible to beat:

8. Haas
10. TPJ (I'm assuming Lodge is gone after this contract)
11. Gillet
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan
15. Flegler
15. Jo O
17. Su'a

Wow seibold did really well to assemble that squad

The Eels just put 50 points on the team that dicked us by 6 last week.

That right there is where we're at.
And the team we beat by almost 30 points just beat the team who are top of the table for their 2nd loss thus far

You sir, yardstick, anally

And the team we beat by almost 30 points just beat the team who are top of the table for their 2nd loss thus far. You sir, yardstick, anally

And which teams are below us on competition points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.