NEWS White: Seibold will win a premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or did we take it out of them and made them dig deep for the win. You can't judge us by how the tigers played.
They're still 4 points above us on the ladder.

2015 - 15.79 points conceded per game (2nd)

2016 - 18.08 points conceded per game (5th-6th)

2017 - 18.04 points conceded per game (3rd-4th)

2018 - 20.83 points conceded per game (7th-8th)

2019 - 23.50 points conceded per game (14th)

I'm not great at spotting trends, can anyone see one?
Yep, I the years in the left column are all in chronological order! Nice find!

After 6 rounds.

If we finish above them at the end of the season doesn't that make your post a pile of shit?

Maybe you shouldn't post drunk

Last edited:
I understand you're talking about right now, but you're making serious claims about our entire season after 6 rounds. A rational person would wait until later in the season before writing that bullshit. Which in my opinion means nothing right now.

Do you remember the cowboys win-loss record (at this period) in 2015?

Anything can happen. I guess you like having it both ways. We win and you're happy, we lose and you think your posts are somehow profound. Oh shit, we're the worst team in the comp.

We all know our win-loss ratio, that's certainly nothing intelligent that you're writing.

My point is that after 6 games it truly means nothing. We could turn it around (like the '15 cowboys) and win 8 in a row, possibly more.

Either way, stop getting so worked up this early into a long season.

Nice comeback about being drunk though, really well thought out stuff. You could do better but we all know you can't.

I can edit posts too, English is my first language. Asked and answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand you're talking about right now, but you're making serious claims about our entire season after 6 rounds. A rational person would wait until later in the season before writing that bullshit. Which in my opinion means nothing right now.

Do you remember the cowboys win-loss record (at this period) in 2015?

Anything can happen. I guess you like having it both ways. We win and you're happy, we lose and you think your posts are somehow profound. Oh shit, we're the worst team in the comp.

We all know our win-loss ratio, that's certainly nothing intelligent that you're writing.

My point is that after 6 games it truly means nothing. We could turn it around (like the '15 cowboys) and win 8 in a row, possibly more.

Either way, stop getting so worked up this early into a long season.

Nice comeback about being drunk though, really well thought out stuff. You could do better but we all know you can't.

Right now, we're bottom of the table. We've won 1 out of 6. Our attack looks utterly rudderless. Our captain says he's happy with his form. Yet, no observer thinks that. Except maybe the coach.

Last week we were outclassed by the Tigers, moreso than the scoreline suggested. The last couple of sets were some of the worst football ever seen in a Broncos jersey.

We were the butt of numerous jokes. Our captain was immortalized as someone who lies on the ground watching tries being scored.

Tonight, the same team who outclassed us was annihilated by a massive margin by a team that was widely tipped to take the spoon this season.

Right now, this is where we're at. This is where the competition is at. There is nothing to argue there.

Reactions: Dee
Right now, we're bottom of the table. We've won 1 out of 6. Our attack looks utterly rudderless. Our captain says he's happy with his form. Yet, no observer thinks that. Except maybe the coach.

Last week we were outclassed by the Tigers, moreso than the scoreline suggested. The last couple of sets were some of the worst football every seen in a Broncos jersey.

Tonight, the same team who outclassed us was annihilated by a massive margin by a team that was widely tipped to take the spoon this season.

Right now, this is where we're at. This is where the competition is at. There is nothing to argue there.

Are you drunk buddy?

We've lost close games, we could've also won them. At which point you wouldn't even be posting.

Sure, there's bad signs but nothing we can't turn around.

Who tipped them to take the spoon? The media? Is that the entire basis for your argument?

In a salary cap world anything is possible and any team can beat any other team regardless of form. That's a proven fact and you need to stop getting personal in your replies.

You're reaching. Our spine hasn't been great but again, we're 6 rounds in buddy. We may not come close this year but we've got a new head honcho at the realm. Give it time. Don't expect results overnight. Let the new coach ease into his role and make changes wherever he can. He inherited this side, he didn't sign any of them.

Please don't reply again.

Are you drunk buddy?

We've lost close games, we could've also won them. At which point you wouldn't even be posting.

Sure, there's bad signs but nothing we can't turn around.

Who tipped them to take the spoon? The media? Is that the entire basis for your argument?

In a salary cap world anything is possible and any team can beat any other team regardless of form. That's a proven fact and you need to stop getting personal in your replies.

You're reaching. Our spine hasn't been great but again, we're 6 rounds in buddy. We may not come close this year but we've got a new head honcho at the realm. Give it time. Don't expect results overnight. Let the new coach ease into his role and make changes wherever he can. He inherited this side, he didn't sign any of them.

Please don't reply again.

No kidding. Anything can happen now.

No kidding. Anything can happen now.

My entire point was anything can happen, we're 6 rounds in.

I'm not expecting us to win anything this year. An idiot would think otherwise.

What the **** do you want from this side with a brand new coach that hasn't signed any new players?

Seriously mate, we could go on and beat the tigers on the ladder. That was your original point right? If we do that then great, who cares. If we don't, which is also possible, we have a new coach and need to afford him some time. Much like the fucking Tigers who just got smashed who also have a brand new coach.

Am I missing something here? Has your original point changed?

The team we lost to also lost the following round. That happens mate.

Edit: Ignored Staff Request

Edit Ignored Staff Request

Edit: Unnecessary

In 2019, we have been good at times, bad at times and downright diabolical at times.

Fact is, this team has been on a downward slide since 2015. That’s three years of Bennett and 6 games of Seibold.

I have been critical of some players performances and some of the coaches tactics, both structurally (or lack there of) and in his use of the bench.

But what I am confident in is; when the players finally buy in to or learn what Seibold is trying to do, we will improve.

Right now, we have a team that is changing. We have a captain that has only ever been coached by Bennett, so he only knows Bennett football. The bulk of the rest of the team (barring a couple obviosuly) is so young, they’ve really only been coached by Bennett too.

I want to see us win, I’m sick of seeing us look like a rabble. But I also realise Seibold can’t just teach these blokes (remember, some RL players struggle to put a sentence together, so learning something new is a big deal for them) without first unteaching the old things that won’t work with his new style.

Right now, I believe (or at least hope) that’s what we are seeing. A team that is in flux, in limbo. They are trying to play new football, but when the shit hits the fan, revert to old football.

When it clicks, it will look good. Indeed, with the players we have, really good I reckon. We will score more points, because Seibold won’t shackle our attack like Bennett did with his conservative coaching (sans 2015). I saw this license to attack from the opening round of 2019, but it now looks like the players, as they are under enormous pressure to get the ‘W’, are relying too much on old lessons to try and get the monkey off their back.

Are we done in 2019? Maybe. I hope not. But I’ll still support the new direction the club has taken. Why? Well aside from the fact I have no choice other than to support a different team, I do believe Seibold deserves the chance to prove what he’s got, and 6 games isn’t enough to do so.

Remember, even if we were 6-0, we could still miss the 8. There is still a long way to go in 2019.

TLDR: don’t panic, give Seibold a chance, enjoy the ride and remember, it’s only a game.

In 2019, we have been good at times, bad at times and downright diabolical at times.

Fact is, this team has been on a downward slide since 2015. That’s three years of Bennett and 6 games of Seibold.

I have been critical of some players performances and some of the coaches tactics, both structurally (or lack there of) and in his use of the bench.

But what I am confident in is; when the players finally buy in to or learn what Seibold is trying to do, we will improve.

Right now, we have a team that is changing. We have a captain that has only ever been coached by Bennett, so he only knows Bennett football. The bulk of the rest of the team (barring a couple obviosuly) is so young, they’ve really only been coached by Bennett too.

I want to see us win, I’m sick of seeing us look like a rabble. But I also realise Seibold can’t just teach these blokes (remember, some RL players struggle to put a sentence together, so learning something new is a big deal for them) without first unteaching the old things that won’t work with his new style.

Right now, I believe (or at least hope) that’s what we are seeing. A team that is in flux, in limbo. They are trying to play new football, but when the shit hits the fan, revert to old football.

When it clicks, it will look good. Indeed, with the players we have, really good I reckon. We will score more points, because Seibold won’t shackle our attack like Bennett did with his conservative coaching (sans 2015). I saw this license to attack from the opening round of 2019, but it now looks like the players, as they are under enormous pressure to get the ‘W’, are relying too much on old lessons to try and get the monkey off their back.

Are we done in 2019? Maybe. I hope not. But I’ll still support the new direction the club has taken. Why? Well aside from the fact I have no choice other than to support a different team, I do believe Seibold deserves the chance to prove what he’s got, and 6 games isn’t enough to do so.

Remember, even if we were 6-0, we could still miss the 8. There is still a long way to go in 2019.

TLDR: don’t panic, give Seibold a chance, enjoy the ride and remember, it’s only a game.
Fair enough. Probably the first thing a new coach ( or any coach for that matter ) has to get right is defence. If you can't ( or won't ) defend you can't attack, as we are seeing. Unfortunately our defence is a rabble. Good defence = good attitude. Work on fixing attitude & attack will improve as well. Is Gorden right when he claims players get around Brissy like they own the place? Can any locals confirm or deny this? I just would be happy for them to own Lang Park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.