VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
There is simply no way i can get behind Maguire even if we do employ the ****.
@Wolfie can you elaborate why mate? I agree with you on a lot of things but this one is a struggle for me to understand. Out of all the choices that are legitimate, how is this the one you can't fathom?

My concern is that we think a coach will save us. There is obviously other issues at the club that I hope are getting addressed at the club. Couldn’t care less who coaches us if we’re winning premierships

My concern is that we think a coach will save us. There is obviously other issues at the club that I hope are getting addressed at the club. Couldn’t care less who coaches us if we’re winning premierships

and from an article -
One staff member would spend hours cutting up vision each week with a view to it being used at the upcoming meeting of Broncos players to analyse the good and bad things they did in the previous game. When the footage ended up on the cutting-room floor, not being reviewed each week, the staffer felt it was a futile exercise. Weekly preparation began to suffer.

Looks like coach was a huge part of our problem.

@Wolfie can you elaborate why mate? I agree with you on a lot of things but this one is a struggle for me to understand. Out of all the choices that are legitimate, how is this the one you can't fathom?

My main issue i simply just dont like the bloke.

Its not that i cant see what he possibly could bring. If we want an experienced coach, i think we are looking at him or Brad Arthur. I'd prefer Arthur out of the two, but neither really fill me with any confidence. I think right now, Madge's stock is higher based on him doing decent with NZ and NSW beating our weakened Queensland team. He hasnt been a good club level coach since 2015, which is a fair while ago now.

Also, while i dont agree this would be fair, if he doesnt hit the ground running, the daggers are going to be out for him considering his background. He's a vastly experienced head coach who will ( if he gets the job ) be inheriting a side more than capable of finishing top 6, if not higher. If he cant deliver that we will probably be looking at another coach this time next year.

Yelling doesn't get you anywhere, not in 2024.

People aren't intimidated anymore by yelling, there's no reason to be.

Bellamy has been caught yelling and screaming in the coaching box, players and fans think it's hilarious. Nobody is scared of that shit. It is not what gets results.
Yelling has never been intimidating. The yelling from Bellyache is about his passion and desire to win at all costs. So you respect it and him for his passion and drive to be the best. I doubt any of these coaches go in there thinking they are going to scare a bunch of muscled up athletes haha.

Its not that i cant see what he possibly could bring. If we want an experienced coach, i think we are looking at him or Brad Arthur. I'd prefer Arthur out of the two, but neither really fill me with any confidence. I think right now, Madge's stock is higher based on him doing decent with NZ and NSW beating our weakened Queensland team. He hasnt been a good club level coach since 2015, which is a fair while ago now.

Also, while i dont agree this would be fair, if he doesnt hit the ground running, the daggers are going to be out for him considering his background. He's a vastly experienced head coach who will ( if he gets the job ) be inheriting a side more than capable of finishing top 6, if not higher. If he cant deliver that we will probably be looking at another coach this time next year.
Thanks for the answer. I get it, we all don't like the same people. Honestly haven't seen an interview I dislike him from.
I'm not completely sold on Maguire, but he is probably one of the best at coming in and getting results quickly. It's when it drags on he struggles barring NZ.

If we sign Maguire, I would imagine Trent Barrett would be a frontrunner for the NSW job, so depending on how that goes, we may be able to sign Thorn as an assistant as well as Maguire.
Win win. We can get back on the road to a prem and QLD will have the shield for the next three years.

I get it, we can't like the same type of people I guess. I have actually liked him everytime I have heard him on podcasts/radio ect. Seems to have a good grasp on the game.

I agree there are risks with this one but I think they are worth taking. I would have gone Flanno who you also from memory despise haha. Arthur would be my second out of who is available and ready day one. But for me I would only see him as another stop gap coach. A Hook 2.0 who will have us playing well and being there abouts each year but never really getting us home. Madge is either a decade of success guy or quick out the door mistake. I am willing to take the punt on him being ready to bring this club back to the winning fold.

I get it, we can't like the same type of people I guess. I have actually liked him everytime I have heard him on podcasts/radio ect. Seems to have a good grasp on the game.

I agree there are risks with this one but I think they are worth taking. I would have gone Flanno who you also from memory despise haha. Arthur would be my second out of who is available and ready day one. But for me I would only see him as another stop gap coach. A Hook 2.0 who will have us playing well and being there abouts each year but never really getting us home. Madge is either a decade of success guy or quick out the door mistake. I am willing to take the punt on him being ready to bring this club back to the winning fold.

I dont think i have a strong opinion on Flanno tbh. Not his biggest fan, but i would take him over the other 2!

If we have the same injuries i reckon we have the same outcomes. Just my personal opinion.

Sorry for my weird double post BHQ. Was trying to reply on my phone while attempting to rock my 18 month old, who woke up bellowing. Should know I can't do two things at once haha

Also if we hire Flanno he is likely going to sign his mediocre son. Mchunt will probably rock up to the Clive Berghofer centre in a suicide vest or something if that happens.

Brad Arthur and his son, Jake.

Brad Arthur and his son, Jake.
I can see the news story now. "21 year old male named Bruce Mchunt, 65kgs with fish bowl glasses wearing a "PAIX TAKES THE CAKE" Tshirt has stormed the Clive Berghofer centre with a makeshift suicide vest."

Active Now

• Aldo
  • mrtij
  • Shane Tronc
  • Harry Sack
  • Dexter
  • Broncos Maestro
  • simplythebest
  • ezpz
  • Scdeac
  • Mr Fourex
  • Howie
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.