Who would come to play for us?

I don't see the club paying the transfer fee wigan is asking, even after reportedly coming down from $1 million to $750k. He can definitely play, but that sort of money is too big of a risk imo.

is a transfer fee counted in the salary cap?

Gareth is solid but I question whether he's going to be the player a lot of people assume he's going to become.

My point was more about signing players for the sake of signing players. IMO, I'd rather hold off then invest millions into a player who isn't going to be the answer and compromise our ability to keep our core roster together.
I'm with you Pete, seems to be a perception that new is always better, Widdop is not the sort of player we need, we need x factor.

Haven't seen this Tomkins play but I wouldn't be jumping through hoops to sign a 'flat track bully' from English super league who's never played in NRL for 26 rounds before..

I've only seen him play in the tests and he has got talent ... played pretty well against us

750k? Pay the transfer fee and get him! Tomkins will be a superstar.

is a transfer fee counted in the salary cap?
no, but it probably should be since less resourced clubs don't share the same opportunity to sign someone if it means paying a hefty transfer fee.

As a publicly listed company, I don't think the Broncos would be prepared to invest that sort of money without an assurance that it could be recouped.

Haven't seen this Tomkins play but I wouldn't be jumping through hoops to sign a 'flat track bully' from English super league who's never played in NRL for 26 rounds before..

James Graham was the 2nd best prop for the Dogs last year.

Seriously I would fucking love to sign Tomkins, more than Barba, more than Dugan, more than anyone really. The guys a superstar and I have no doubt he'd kill it here at fullback, no doubt at all.

If they want 1 million to be willing to release him so we can sign him then we sure as hell should.

Hopefully we're one of the other clubs "talking to him" ...

sniedw.png

Cronk would fail at the Dragons without a decent half next to him as well, So no I won't be giving no 'thank heavens'

cronk could kick it at any club and still be a standout.

I get that very same impression. The Broncos believe playing for them is a privilege and an honour...which yes, it is. But they need to sell that to potential players.

you would think they would already be using that to try and sign players, i'm sure every club does it.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Rambstien
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Fatboy
  • Behold
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.