Who would come to play for us?

I read that Wigan (is that the team he plays for?) have relaxed those terms. He cannot negotiate with another Super League team, however he can get an early release from his contract to go the NRL if they are willing to pay the transfer fee.

Pretty much what Foordy is saying, yes he probably has something in his contract saying he can't negotiate but as long as both parties agree (i.e Tomkins is interested and Wigan are willing to discuss a transfer fee) then it's fine. That's the reason we would be paying close to a million because he's signed till 2015, if we don't want to pay a transfer fee then we would need to wait till 2016 to see him in Broncos colours.

Yeah, I can't see the bean counters going "Well, $1 million dollars and THEN we have to pay his salary? Sounds fine to us!".

I would like to see Tomkins playing for us but the fact that Broncos are a listed company limits us in this case. If we had a Rusty Crowe type funding us, it could happen. Unless the Throughbreds can pony up the cash.

As I said before the increased ticket sales and merchandise would make up for his 1 million in time.

As I said before the increased ticket sales and merchandise would make up for his 1 million in time.

Looking at the crowd averages from when Izzy was playing for us compared to the last two years (35,000 vs 33,000ish), I can't really see that happening. Izzy had that recognition from his SOO exploits while Tomkins is a virtual unknown over here.

Tomkins would have to tear the opposition to shreds from the get-go to get up to that level.

Only way it will happen is if the Thoroughbreds foot the bill.

Just thinking about Izzy in SOO gets me pissed off. Bloody AFL took the most exciting player in the game and ruined it and they only got one crappy season out of him.

Tomkins will play NRL in 2014. Which club has a spare $3M?

If Phil Rothfield is to be believed.

POMMY TARGET - STILL on the Roosters, we're hearing car-yard king Nick Politis has already decided how to spend the money that becomes available from Anthony Minichiello's contract in 2014. He is hot on the trail of Golden Boot winner Sam Tomkins. A leading player agent is in England trying to do the deal.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...aider-josh-dugan/story-e6frexnr-1226625045438

Just an FYI guys....the thoroughbreds no longer have any affiliation with the club...so no chance of them paying a transfer fee.

Roosters will sign Tomkins and we will sign Nick Parfit

If Phil Rothfield is to be believed.

POMMY TARGET - STILL on the Roosters, we're hearing car-yard king Nick Politis has already decided how to spend the money that becomes available from Anthony Minichiello's contract in 2014. He is hot on the trail of Golden Boot winner Sam Tomkins. A leading player agent is in England trying to do the deal.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...aider-josh-dugan/story-e6frexnr-1226625045438

If Minichiello is being paid what he's worth then the Roosters will only be freeing up $2. If that.

If Minichiello is being paid what he's worth then the Roosters will only be freeing up $2. If that.

True. Although the roosters don't have a salary cap so it's all good either way

Cant see the Roosters having the cash. They have spent to much lately. Just signed Maloney, SBW and Jennings + re-signed pearce. Big Big money in those four players.

I'm willing to sign on for minimum wage, can play anywhere in the back line but would prefer to partner Wal in the halves. If I play you could even get away with the Hoff at fb, I'd make him look good. Am a little injury prone though.

Is this the Sam Tomkins everyone is running around humping the furniture over ?

If so, wtf... The guy weighs 79kg..

2149919907.jpg

Hey Guys ive been a season member for 5 years with the Broncs but didnt renew this year due to how badly we went at the back end of last year... It makes me mad after supporting the broncos since game 1 in 88 that the club is falling away because of lack of recruiting... IMO we need to go after some big names to bring crowds back to watch some exciting footy again like the old broncos/New Storm... We are bringing new talent thru but other teams are poaching them and all is lost..Times change,No longer do players come here to play for less,No Wayne Bennett... ID love to see them give Quade Cooper a shot or Tomkins...Dugan would have been Ideal but we all know what happened there!... I will never stop supporting my team,Its just painful right now watching a once great club..Slide away into just making up the numbers...Andrew Gee needs to open the wallet and start spending before we have 10,000 people average crowds like Sydney teams.Bring back Exciting Footy!

Hey Guys ive been a season member for 5 years with the Broncs but didnt renew this year due to how badly we went at the back end of last year... It makes me mad after supporting the broncos since game 1 in 88 that the club is falling away because of lack of recruiting... IMO we need to go after some big names to bring crowds back to watch some exciting footy again like the old broncos/New Storm... We are bringing new talent thru but other teams are poaching them and all is lost..Times change,No longer do players come here to play for less,No Wayne Bennett... ID love to see them give Quade Cooper a shot or Tomkins...Dugan would have been Ideal but we all know what happened there!... I will never stop supporting my team,Its just painful right now watching a once great club..Slide away into just making up the numbers...Andrew Gee needs to open the wallet and start spending before we have 10,000 people average crowds like Sydney teams.Bring back Exciting Footy!

Yeah, ok champ.

I've been a season member for 3 years and renewed this year BECAUSE of last year. During these times is when the club need their supporters at the games that's why there would never be a question for me. The club has given me, my family and my friends a hell of a lot to cheer about over the years so I'm not going to crack the sads just because they aren't too 4 material currently.

But you went the other way, good for you

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.