OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
Should we look at bringing back TMM?
He left to go back to NZ... why would he come back when the Wahs are probably thinking about extending him more so than SJ

He left to go back to NZ... why would he come back when the Wahs are probably thinking about extending him more so than SJ
it would depend on what Warriors do but I don't think his options are limited to NZ, a good contract option will bring anyone.

At this point I would aim for Walker as first option, TMM possibly as second, that said Galvin is similar situation to TMM and imo he is the best half in the game potential wise that isn't realised.

if he was a legit option no joke I would take him over both, I can see a real killer half in him, his kicking game needs work but he has Walsh killer mentality which is what I would look for, I think with time and a good team around him he will be the best player in the game.

I favour the player mentality over everything and it's key for positions on the spine, I think Galvin is the next Cleary only limited being Tigers, there is soo many elements to that kids game that are already at rep level.

it might sound nuts but I would have him in the halves for nsw if I was their coach given the way he plays, nsw are slow on the uptake but he will get there eventually regardless.

Mitchell Moses could be available post 2026. If it worked with Renolds, it could work with him.

I came into this season not wanting us to rely on Reynolds. He didn’t help us in the GF last year so wanted and expected Walsh and Mam to step up. Unfortunately that hasn’t happened. I don’t know what the answer is but I reckon it’s clear to me that we need some experience on the park. We’re still such a young team. It’s time for this team to grow up regardless of who is in the 7.

scared season 3 GIF

This is a massive opportunity for Josh Rogers. He'll likely be our halfback for a month. (maybe even until Reyno returns).

While i saw some good signs with Madden, he certainly didn't take the opportunity with both hands to prove he is the best option as Reyno's succession plan. and yes some of that comes down to injuries an the players Madden had around him (especially the fact that Walsh was out for most of that time).

a good stint over the next month and Rogers could potentially jump Madden in the pecking order

Maybe someone like Tyran Wishart could be a good pickup. Off contract at the end of 2025 and has played well in Munster’s absence, worst case he could be a Connor Watson type player for us. Won’t break the bank either

Maybe someone like Tyran Wishart could be a good pickup. Off contract at the end of 2025 and has played well in Munster’s absence, worst case he could be a Connor Watson type player for us. Won’t break the bank either
He's a typical Melbourne player. Grows a foot taller when he plays in purple only for some other team to sign him and realise he's trash.

Whoever we pick we need to stress upon them that they are a hooker and not a half.

Think about it. We've had the worst run of injuries in the history of our club and yet we have four hookers on our books and not one of them has been injured. It's got to be the safest position in our squad.

He is a utility player who is mostly a Hooker I don't think we need him.

he is from Brisbane and Roosters don't like to overpay I would say we are within a shot to atleast get him on similar money to what Roosters offer, he is most likely the next QLD 7 after DCE and Hunt retire.

objectively given Manu is gone after this year we have much better players in our team for him to work with.
Roosters don't like to overpay? :rofl

He is a utility player who is mostly a Hooker I don't think we need him.
On this topic, our hookers currently consist of one defensive (Smoothy), one attacking (Mozer) and two utilities (Walters and Paix). The club wants to offload Paix, leaving us with only one utility. Billy's utility value is experience in the halves, making him less of a defensive liability, but he really isn't much chop in attack and offers very little impact from the bench. He can't chase kicks, run down intercepts or pull out length of the field tries in the way a genuine 6 would do. He doesn't have the speed or the ticker. We do not have an impact utility, and no one to cover a forward and back role.

In the future, this means the Top 30 has been structured so that Billy is undroppable, yet frustratingly inadequate. Mozer would not be as safe in the halves as Billy, regardless of how much better he is at his primary role. Even if Billy is injured, elevating Mozer would weaken our flexibility in the halves, especially with an eggshell like Reynolds.

Whoever is planning our Roster is either in denial of this massive fault-line or is gifting Billy a job for life at the expense of the team. Your conspiracy theory goes here. And please, someone gatekeep him by telling us how CHEAP he is.

He doesn't have the speed or the ticker
Say what you want about Billy, but the one thing you can’t question is his ticker! I was one of the people campaigning for the “No Billy” side, I even said his ceiling is a generous 5/10, but the one thing I don’t think anyone can question after last year is his ticker.
The bloke has a go. Yes, he is slow. Yes, he has reached his ceiling. But he has a go, puts in every week.

Say what you want about Billy, but the one thing you can’t question is his ticker! I was one of the people campaigning for the “No Billy” side, I even said his ceiling is a generous 5/10, but the one thing I don’t think anyone can question after last year is his ticker.
The bloke has a go. Yes, he is slow. Yes, he has reached his ceiling. But he has a go, puts in every week.
Perhaps we have a different meaning for ticker. I mean he's good for 15 minutes and then his game deteriorates noticeably.

Wy the **** are we talking about Billy Walters in this thread?

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • scobie
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Ffs...
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • sooticus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • HVbronco
  • broncoscope
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.