NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

Let Haas go and sign Cameron Munster. Win-win. We free up cap space to get Cam bloody Munster, Haas finally gets his millions from another club.
Why do we need to let Haas go to get Munster? Not that Munster will sign with us anyway.

Penrith have JFH on 950k and still have room to sign Cleary, Luai, Edwards, Chrichton, Koroisau, Yeo, etc.

Our team is shit, how could we possibly be be needing to let Haas go to sign a marquee player, it doesn't make sense to me. We shouldn't have any contracts next year to pay players playing elsewhere.

Who do we have on big money next year?
Staggs, Haas, Reynolds....

What he says seems to make a lot of sense and fits in with what we know of their salary cap position.
Do you trust the billionare backer of a club full of superstars that just happen to stay under the cap, especially when it is a running joke inside NRL circles regarding uncle Nicks Brown paper bags and games of golf?

Also, what else is he going to say? That they will be offering him 3rd party real estate deals he can't turn down to join them on minimum wage after JWH retires? Of course he will deny interest.

Do you trust the billionare backer of a club full of superstars that just happen to stay under the cap, especially when it is a running joke inside NRL circles regarding uncle Nicks Brown paper bags and games of golf?
I trust no one. But can you imagine the heat it would draw after Politis saying that, if they sign Haas for anything well under a million.

I trust no one. But can you imagine the heat it would draw after Politis saying that, if they sign Haas for anything well under a million.
They won't draw any heat if Haas says he joined for the culture and to win a premiership as well as to be closer to his Muslim brothers. Politis quote has prepped the media for just such a thing to happen.

Exactly, Politis' comments just pave the way for everyone in the media to brush over it when he does sign and they say he is on like 600k for cultcha.

Also, what else is he going to say? That they will be offering him 3rd party real estate deals he can't turn down to join them on minimum wage after JWH retires? Of course he will deny interest.
He was very deliberate with his wording that they can’t go for Haas on $1m... doesn’t work with the cap, etc. doesn’t mean he won’t sign him for $700k.

The worst thing for rorters is that Haas is already on like $850k... so he’s basically pricing himself out of moves to a rorters, storm, etc.

Remember, Haas himself has gone on record to say it isn't about the money, but winning premierships. That lines up very well with Politis publicly saying they can't afford him (legally)

Except the nrl won’t register the contract if it’s clearly lower than market. Didn’t they do that to us with Locky…

Except the nrl won’t register the contract if it’s clearly lower than market. Didn’t they do that to us with Locky…
Except Politis is good mates with V'landys and I can see him green lighting the move under the guise of supporting multiculturalism/religious grounds yadda yadda yadda.

They will still pay Haas well, but no where near the million a season he wants. (On the books).

Except Politis is good mates with V'landys and I can see him green lighting the move under the guise of supporting multiculturalism/religious grounds yadda yadda yadda.

They will still pay Haas well, but no where near the million a season he wants. (On the books).
But his golfing game will show immediate and marked improvement.

Papenheuzen says hi, so does Coates.

So does Manu and guess which team he plays for?

Remember, Haas himself has gone on record to say it isn't about the money, but winning premierships. That lines up very well with Politis publicly saying they can't afford him (legally)
Haas also has written on his Instagram 'rather loyalty then numbers'.. I'd say that means people but if your saying that shouldn't it apply to all aspects of life, staying loyal. Time will tell I guess

Players do want to play for a winning side. So I could see Haas taking less to go to the Roosters.

It’s why for the first 20 years as a club the only reason players left when Wayne told them to piss off. Wally and Geno in consecutive years and then a couple of years later got rid of Carne, Kerrod and a couple of others. Now we have 19 year olds and then agents calling the shots at the club apparently.

Sauce says that Haas has told his mgmt to cool their jets. Apparently hes not happy with the speculation and coverage by the media around it.
Translation is he is found out he isn’t getting the offers his manager promised and now he doesn’t want to seem like a dickhead. Keep digging Payne.

I think the Penrith game with Haas, Flegler, Carrigan and Willison missing shows that elite props may influence the game, but they are not essential. Another three Jensen type middles would be more than enough for a team. This is provided the money is spent on the spine.

Payne's ceiling should be $850K and no more if we wish to see our team progress.

I think the Penrith game with Haas, Flegler, Carrigan and Willison missing shows that elite props may influence the game, but they are not essential. Another three Jensen type middles would be more than enough for a team. This is provided the money is spent on the spine.

Payne's ceiling should be $850K and no more if we wish to see our team progress.

I agree, $850k is enough. Too much imbalance if he takes up more cap than that, especially when we need a spine.

Problem is, there is slim pickings around.

Pretty sure Munster for whatever reason, hates the Broncos. It just won't happen.
It'll be the Dolphins or Storm with Munster imo.

Translation is he is found out he isn’t getting the offers his manager promised and now he doesn’t want to seem like a dickhead. Keep digging Payne.
No, i think it was a strategic decision to button up for now because it was getting out of hand with no solutions or pieces in play at the moment.

Nick is a smart businessman, very shrewd. When he comes out and says they dont have a 1m to pay - i would believe that. Trent would be making that call and Nick would be backing him.

Haas is left with taking Broncos offer of extension, running out his contract or asking for a release. Asking for a release leaves him with no club atm.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • theshed
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.