NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

Notice how no one in the media ever even question how the roosters could possibly afford him? It’s just accepted as a fait accompli.

How has the narrative become ‘wouldn’t it be wonderful if he played at the roosters’, like some kind of whacky sports altruism for a club that buys success with a seemingly endless salary cap.
On thing I find particularly intriguing is how it’s also being billed as a straight swap for Jarred Waerea Hargreaves.. as if by 2024 none of the likes of Keary, Walker, Radley, Suaalii et al will be commanding upgrades to their contracts making it seriously difficult to understand how they then squeeze in a prop on a $1 million of thereabouts .. nope, it’ll just be out with JWH and in with Haas and the salary cap auditor goes ✅ and the beat rolls on

On thing I find particularly intriguing is how it’s also being billed as a straight swap for Jarred Waerea Hargreaves.. as if by 2024 none of the likes of Keary, Walker, Radley, Suaalii et al will be commanding upgrades to their contracts making it seriously difficult to understand how they then squeeze in a prop on a $1 million of thereabouts .. nope, it’ll just be out with JWH and in with Haas and the salary cap auditor goes ✅ and the beat rolls on
Plus they've got Manu, Tedesco, Crighton, B.Smith already on big money.. if those 8 players are on 700k minimum which some are already more than that that's half their salary cap

The current Broncos are about as far from the club that made most of us support them in the first place as you can get. Broncos in name and location only, and its hard to see a way out at the moment. Maybe Parker is just disgusted at how it only took a few years to get to this stage after he retired.
We were just as shit when he was on the coaching staff and he wasn’t saying this shit then.

So Cleary will be on 1.1?

yeah nah haas mate, give it a rest.

Sauce says that Haas has told his mgmt to cool their jets. Apparently hes not happy with the speculation and coverage by the media around it.
Or is it Cleary just signed a new deal worth not much more then what he’s asking? he’s kidding himself.

Sauce says that Haas has told his mgmt to cool their jets. Apparently hes not happy with the speculation and coverage by the media around it.

Then Haas is playing the wrong sport

Then Haas is playing the wrong sport
I don't know Haas or his attitude around the club or as a person. Maybe @1910 or @Smokin' Joe could reflect on his personality around this.

Nick Politis:
"We won’t be signing Payne Haas. We are not interested — it’s as simple as that. Look, Payne is a great player, that’s not the issue, but if he wants $1 million, we don’t have $1 million in the salary cap to pay him that much. People keep speculating it and writing we want Payne Haas, but just because he is mates with Sonny Bill Williams, it doesn’t mean he is coming to the Roosters.”​
“I am very close with Sonny Bill but we don’t use him to sign players. Sonny is apparently mates with Payne Haas but that has nothing to do with me. Payne is one of the best props in the game, but we have never had him on our radar. He is contracted to the Broncos for another three years anyway."​
“The reality is we can’t fit Haas into our team on $1 million a season. He doesn’t fit in with our salary cap strategy moving forward. We have our own forwards coming through."​
“We’ve got Lindsay Collins and we have a couple of other good young props coming through in Daniel Suluka-Fifita and Tuku Hau-Tapuha. We also signed two young props from the Broncos last year, the Va’a brothers, Xavier and De La Salle. Xavier is in our Roosters Academy and he is a real talent."​
“There’s no point trying to develop those guys in our Academy, then going to the market and buying over the top of them by chasing Payne Haas."​
McHunt

Nick Politis:
"We won’t be signing Payne Haas. We are not interested — it’s as simple as that. Look, Payne is a great player, that’s not the issue, but if he wants $1 million, we don’t have $1 million in the salary cap to pay him that much. People keep speculating it and writing we want Payne Haas, but just because he is mates with Sonny Bill Williams, it doesn’t mean he is coming to the Roosters.”​
“I am very close with Sonny Bill but we don’t use him to sign players. Sonny is apparently mates with Payne Haas but that has nothing to do with me. Payne is one of the best props in the game, but we have never had him on our radar. He is contracted to the Broncos for another three years anyway."​
“The reality is we can’t fit Haas into our team on $1 million a season. He doesn’t fit in with our salary cap strategy moving forward. We have our own forwards coming through."​
“We’ve got Lindsay Collins and we have a couple of other good young props coming through in Daniel Suluka-Fifita and Tuku Hau-Tapuha. We also signed two young props from the Broncos last year, the Va’a brothers, Xavier and De La Salle. Xavier is in our Roosters Academy and he is a real talent."​
“There’s no point trying to develop those guys in our Academy, then going to the market and buying over the top of them by chasing Payne Haas."​
McHunt
I don't trust a thing that dude says.

Every time the NRL sends him to the naughty chair, and every time a club bigwig like Politis or Gould says they can't afford to pay a prop a million dollars no matter how good he is, Payne's market value goes down.

Another win for Dave Donaghy.

Every time the NRL sends him to the naughty chair, and every time a club bigwig like Politis or Gould says they can't afford to pay a prop a million dollars no matter how good he is, Payne's market value goes down.

Another win for Dave Donaghy.
I hope you’re right.

Let Haas go and sign Cameron Munster. Win-win. We free up cap space to get Cam bloody Munster, Haas finally gets his millions from another club.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Jeza23
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • davidp
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Mister Wright
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.