NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

No, i think it was a strategic decision to button up for now because it was getting out of hand with no solutions or pieces in play at the moment.

Nick is a smart businessman, very shrewd. When he comes out and says they dont have a 1m to pay - i would believe that. Trent would be making that call and Nick would be backing him.

Haas is left with taking Broncos offer of extension, running out his contract or asking for a release. Asking for a release leaves him with no club atm.
He's doing one of two things: pulling out of the race, or negotiating in public. Either way, Haas' agent is getting kicked in the nuts. If you have a spare million dollars to spend, the front row is not the place to blow it. Especially on one who isn't scoring or setting up tries each week.

He's doing one of two things: pulling out of the race, or negotiating in public. Either way, Haas' agent is getting kicked in the nuts. If you have a spare million dollars to spend, the front row is not the place to blow it. Especially on one who isn't scoring or setting up tries each week.
I really do hope the broncos are not contemplating spending that on an upgrade. If they’re, the team will be going nowhere fast.

Pretty sure Munster for whatever reason, hates the Broncos. It just won't happen.
It'll be the Dolphins or Storm with Munster imo.
He’d be stupid to hold onto something like that from over a decade ago.. especially given the people who passed him over back then would (I assume) no longer be at the Broncos and secondly our current CEO and football manager are people he’s had previous dealings with and who definitely do want him and value him..

Let’s not forget also that despite the current state of the Broncos, it is still right up there with the most desired clubs to be part of from the players’ perspective.. and there are a lot of good reasons for that

it shouldn’t be too hard to sell the broncos to Munster on the basis of the talent he’d have around him, the resources at the club and playing for the biggest club in the NRL at Suncorp Stadium every other weekend

and to those questioning why he’d go to a struggling team, well, you put Munster into that Broncos side and it is instantly better.. much better.. you tweak one or two other positions and it’s even better in a year or two

He’d be stupid
He does seem that way....

The storm hatred of the broncos is actually pretty funny despite the decades of losing to them.

No matter how many times they win a premiership or how many qld legends and juniors they have in their team they will never be THE qld team. People in qld don't reminisce about the storm glory years, they talk of the qld dynasty sure, but for all bar 2-3 games a year they don't play out of Lang Park with their family close and mates in the stands. They get boo'd by most Queenslanders for all bar 3 games a year.
But at the same time, they can walk down the centre of Melbourne cbd and not be recognised. Once Melbourne's success eventually fades who will talk about them except for a few of them at origin time? The glory hunters up here or couple hundred bandwagoners down south?

This is why I don’t throw “stones” because I live in a “glass house” when it comes to these matters.

This is why I don’t throw “stones” because I live in a “glass house” when it comes to these matters.
I had stones thrown at me, about the stones I threw at someone for throwing stones.

Seriously?

........"whistle"....
......."sentence"...

If you're (Did I use it properly here?) going to nit pick, you have to make sure you're (an here) 100% correct in your (this one is also tricky) reply.
Lolz......I thought something was odd looking about that spelling of sentence. 🙃

Completely overlooked "whistle"

Spell check fail....

Well done to you sir.......now go and get fucked. :smoker:

Sonny's come out with some words. Not too bad.

Strange article. Comes across as though we're looking to let him go because of what happened with Kelly. Does SBW know something that we don't know????

Strange article. Comes across as though we're looking to let him go because of what happened with Kelly. Does SBW know something that we don't know????

Interesting it comes out after the Roosters say they don't have a million dollars for him no? If he is going to get a million, it isn't going to be at one of the current successful clubs and so not really surprising they are sort of returning with their tail between their legs. Kind of a Kotoni situation all over again it seems.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Bongo
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • Lurker
  • Allo
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.