NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

Magistrates court mate. I have been roughly half a dozen times. Most bloke are dressed in thongs , footy shorts, and a ripped up mambo shirt. That day haas looked like prince phillip imo.
If it was the Magistrate's court at Inala/Richlands or Beenleigh, the thongs are optional, sometimes bare feet.

Club statement:
Broncos Update: Media Reports

broncos.com.auThu 5 May 2022, 12:37 PM
The Broncos have spoken to the NRL Integrity Unit today in relation to media coverage of a disciplinary matter involving Payne Haas from three years ago.

The Integrity Unit has confirmed that the club’s reporting and processes in dealing with the incident, which included a formal process, were appropriate, and no further action is required.

Further, the 2019 issue itself was widely reported in the media at the time.

Club statement:
Broncos Update: Media Reports

broncos.com.auThu 5 May 2022, 12:37 PM
The Broncos have spoken to the NRL Integrity Unit today in relation to media coverage of a disciplinary matter involving Payne Haas from three years ago.

The Integrity Unit has confirmed that the club’s reporting and processes in dealing with the incident, which included a formal process, were appropriate, and no further action is required.

Further, the 2019 issue itself was widely reported in the media at the time.

So a post-injury suspension incoming?

FMD surely the integrity unit looked at this 3 years ago?

Quickly becoming their own police force

So a post-injury suspension incoming?
NSWRL: "Even though Haas was sufficiently punished previously, this re-emergence of the issue in the media is being accredited to Haas and we have decided to suspend him for for 3yr... backdated to Rd 12... which means he will be eligible to play again for Origin 1... this is the ruling of the high court of NSWRL and cannot be refuted"

NSWRL: "Even though Haas was sufficiently punished previously, this re-emergence of the issue in the media is being accredited to Haas and we have decided to suspend him for for 3yr... backdated to Rd 12... which means he will be eligible to play again for Origin 1... this is the ruling of the high court of NSWRL and cannot be refuted"

Post-script: "And we would also like to announce Johnny Depp is clearly guilty, we have spoken."

Further:
“We find that the player has sustained systemic mental anguish at the hands of his current club so have determined that he will immediately be transferred for his own good to one of the other fifteen clubs on a random basis. His new club will be (spin the wheel please- click click click), the Roosters!!!

Further:
“We find that the player has sustained systemic mental anguish at the hands of his current club so have determined that he will immediately be transferred for his own good to one of the other fifteen clubs on a random basis. His new club will be (spin the wheel please- click click click), the Roosters!!!
Exactly. Join the roosters or this shit never stops for you Payne.

Tallis talking sence on matty johns show tonight

saying Haas sometimes cares to much about just making metres and becomes narrow minded with his stats and it can stifle our attack. I think hes 100% spot on.
hes the first media person to say what some of us have been saying for a while now

as much as i love him i think he sometimes slows down our attack with his slow but powerful metre gaines and slow play the balls. hope he can find a happy medium with his game.

saying Haas sometimes cares to much about just making metres and becomes narrow minded with his stats and it can stifle our attack. I think hes 100% spot on.
hes the first media person to say what some of us have been saying for a while now

as much as i love him i think he sometimes slows down our attack with his slow but powerful metre gaines and slow play the balls. hope he can find a happy medium with his game.
I'm surprised when we had TPJ he didn't learn anything from him, as much as TPJ is a basket case he is the best offloader in the competition.

As I said in another thread, I don't know if it's him or the team. Hopefully, the coaching staff and players realise after tonight that Hass can actually contribute rather than be expected to do everything and make the adjustments at training.

I don't want to jump the gun, but I'd be revoking any upgrade he's been offered. His pay creeps up a fair bit every year he's here and I wouldn't think a prop would be worth any more than he's getting, especially when we are in desperate need of a 1, 6 and a 9. It's just not a priority right now. Cap him at 800k and move on if he doesn't want it.

Pretty much what Gallen used to do

Haas will probably be not worrying about his contract at the moment. Theres no other top clubs capable of his pay packet. I think this will go quiet for a fair while now.

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 4, 2022 — 6.50pm
Source: Sydney Morning Herald

Payne Haas baulked at signing a near $6 million Broncos contract that would have been the richest in NRL history for a prop forward, according to court documents which have laid bare the feud between the State of Origin representative and one of the game’s most powerful agents.

Haas, who has launched civil action against Chris Orr and Original Pro Sports Pty Ltd, which trades as Pacific Sports Management, is now facing a counter claim from the player manager for unpaid commission fees of $201,200 in the NSW Supreme Court.

Orr claims that he negotiated a $5.75 million contract with the Broncos that would have made Haas one of the NRL’s richest earners, only for the player to refuse to sign the deal in July last year.

The three-time Paul Morgan Medallist as Brisbane’s player of the year is tied to the Broncos on a contract until the end of 2024, but his proposed new deal would have been an upgrade and extension on his current $3.39 million agreement. Orr banked $237,300 as an agent fee for brokering that deal.

Court documents allege Haas is earning $748,000 this season before his salary increases to $798,000 in 2023 and $848,000 the next year. But while Haas claims Orr “breached his fiduciary duty” by engaging the player and his father Gregor to sign previous agent agreements, the player manager has hit back with a claim of his own.

It argues that Haas went against the principles of their own agreement by not signing the Broncos contract in 2021. In court pleadings, Haas denies Orr’s assertions about the Brisbane deal that went unsigned last year, and his legal team notified Orr’s solicitors in November of his intention to end his player agent deal.

Orr said Haas’ actions caused his company “a loss of reputation and goodwill … particularly with the Broncos and NRL”.

OPS also claims it suffered “significant expense” in helping Haas after a string of off-field indiscretions, including when he was arrested by NSW Police at Tweed Heads for offensive language and intimidating police.
Haas was sentenced to a two-year good behaviour bond, fined $50,000 by the NRL after an integrity unit investigation and banned for three matches.

The Orr cross claim also says his company incurred damages for supporting Haas when he refused to cooperate with the integrity unit over two incidents involving family members, and when he didn’t tell the Broncos in 2019 about a police charge for driving without a licence and using his mobile phone while driving.
Haas denies the allegations in Orr’s counter claim.

Haas has already been suspended for one match this season after video of him striking teammate Albert Kelly, who stood on his shoes in a Sydney hotel after a match, went viral on social media. Court documents show Haas was signed as a teenager to both the Titans and Warriors on $10,000 contracts before inking his first three-year Broncos deal, which paid him $445,000 in total.

The Eels battled the Broncos for his signature in 2016 after Haas, who claims he weighed 103kg as a 14-year-old, had finished playing in the Australian Rugby League Schoolboys Titles. Orr emailed Parramatta and Brisbane in July of that year and said, “we are now in a position to discuss Payne’s future”, to which the Eels replied they wanted to “start the process this weekend” and “host Payne at the footy”.

The next day Haas claims in his pleadings his father signed a player agent agreement on the request of Orr and PSM, striking out the fee arrangement from a previous agent contract between the parties signed in 2014 when Haas was just 14.

Two months later, Orr brokered Haas his first Broncos deal, which netted a manager’s fee of $31,150 under the seven per cent commission payment method. Haas claims Orr’s clip would have been just $1750 if the Broncos deal was signed under their old agent agreement.

The player also claims Orr arranged for Haas to sign a fresh agent agreement in November 2018, only a day before new player agent scheme rules were due to come into effect designed to tighten rules around player managers.

Orr has denied the claims he acted with a conflict of interest.

Active Now

• bazza
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.