NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Lol, watch them. The Roosters' sombrero is a meme, everybody knows and nobody can or will do anything about it. The Matty Johns show will have a couple of jokes about it and everyone will turn back to dumping shit on the Tigers and any other clubs on the slide.
So...

Find some rich **** who loves the club, buy out News Crap's stake and run it like a professional outfit.

Enough sulking. We had Talbot until he died. Find a new one.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Now the media narrative is it’s in our best interest to let him go because he’s too much trouble & bad for the clubs culture… after an absolute nothing incident where he really did little wrong.

Nah, I think we will just hold onto him for cheap and burn him out for the next 2 years. Thanks though! 🙄

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don't mind cutting him loose but certainly not for nothing. He is almost the only player we have aside from Herbie that actually has worth at present.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Now the media narrative is it’s in our best interest to let him go because he’s too much trouble & bad for the clubs culture… after an absolute nothing incident where he really did little wrong.

Nah, I think we will just hold onto him for cheap and burn him out for the next 2 years. Thanks though! 🙄
TBF to Brent Read, he is an unabashed Broncos supporter and did raise very valid points in that story of his today about the club losing its way in recent years with culture and certain players being given far too much leniency.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
TBF to Brent Read, he is an unabashed Broncos supporter and did raise very valid points in that story of his today about the club losing its way in recent years with culture and certain players being given far too much leniency.

I like Read. He loves the Broncs, absolutely loves them.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I reckon Payne could do with a fresh start as well, he has a laundry list of issues with the Broncos now and a fresh start would probably do him the world of good.
As others have said though, no chance we release him without some substantial compensation in the form of a world class spine player.

I also cant help but feel he is part of the culture problem, considering his close ties to SBW, Mundine and the like, and the fact he was good mates with TPJ as well.

This club still needs an overhaul, and Ikin and Donuts have started well by cutting some of the bad eggs from the side, and if Payne fits that mold then he should go too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I reckon Payne could do with a fresh start as well, he has a laundry list of issues with the Broncos now and a fresh start would probably do him the world of good.
As others have said though, no chance we release him without some substantial compensation in the form of a world class spine player.

I also cant help but feel he is part of the culture problem, considering his close ties to SBW, Mundine and the like, and the fact he was good mates with TPJ as well.

This club still needs an overhaul, and Ikin and Donuts have started well by cutting some of the bad eggs from the side, and if Payne fits that mold then he should go too.

As long as the Roosters don't get him for nothing, I'm fine with it.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
If we cut him, I think it needs to be done in conjunction with the NRL so he has to go to the UK for a while. If he's done this deliberately to agitate out of his contract (and recent data in this very thread suggests this is somewhat likely) - then he should be prevented from signing with anyone here until the end of his existing contract with us.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If we cut him, I think it needs to be done in conjunction with the NRL so he has to go to the UK for a while. If he's done this deliberately to agitate out of his contract (and recent data in this very thread suggests this is somewhat likely) - then he should be prevented from signing with anyone here until the end of his existing contract with us.
Sorry to inform you we stopped shipping convicts back to the United Kingdom some time ago. Apologize for any inconvenience.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sorry to inform you we stopped shipping convicts back to the United Kingdom some time ago. Apologize for any inconvenience.

Well there's an interesting point, did Australia ever actually do this or was it always the other way?

Active Now

• Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  • Tristan1990
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.