Will Locky Retire?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
*edit*

Changed the thread title since most dont like jokes :P

Re: Darren Lockyer Announces Retirement At Seasons end.

I don't get why everyone seems so keen for him to go. Sure, he's not 24 with electrifying pace anymore but he's still very much an elite player far and above any realistic replacement option would be.

I don't think it would be that bad of a thing provided Wallace is still at the Broncos in 2011.

You're a dickhead draggx.

Don't mean to be thread police but isn't this discussion being had elsewhere?

gUt said:
Don't mean to be thread police but isn't this discussion being had elsewhere?

Shit, it's the 5-0! Everyone, let's blow this popsicle stand!!!

The discussion about Lockyers retirement is interesting but do we really need misleading thread titles?

Scotty said:
The discussion about Lockyers retirement is interesting but do we really need misleading thread titles?

I agree.

In fact, dukey's thread the other week got taken down for a similar sort of thing.

Meat77 said:
I don't get why everyone seems so keen for him to go. Sure, he's not 24 with electrifying pace anymore but he's still very much an elite player far and above any realistic replacement option would be.

Love Locky dont wanna see him go 1 to many and with Smith/Hunt/Wallace and in a way Norman at the club.

draggx said:
Meat77 said:

Love Locky dont wanna see him go 1 to many and with Smith/Hunt/Wallace and in a way Norman at the club.

Sorry mate, but can you try implementing some punctuation in your posts and improving your grammar. It's doing my head in! [icon_razz1

draggx said:

Do you honestly think any of those are in Lockyer's class and would play the level he does at any stage in the next 2 or 3 seasons? Two of the players you mentioned have either played 2 games of first grade or not at all for gods sake!

if i ever do a report for you ill be sure to.

Meat77 said:
draggx said:

Do you honestly think any of those are in Lockyer's class and would play the level he does at any stage in the next 2 or 3 seasons? Two of the players you mentioned have either played 2 games of first grade or not at all for gods sake!

So you dont wanna give someone the chance? Locky at a point was a nobody as well.

Meat77 said:
draggx said:

Exactly.

Smith and Hunt are very much 'rough diamonds' at the moment. Lots of potential, but no guarantees they'll achieve anything.

Norman has played something like one trial! Too early to throw his name into the mix.

draggx said:
So you dont wanna give someone the chance? Locky at a point was a nobody as well.

They'll get their chance at some stage through the season I'm sure - why would you want one of the all-time greats to retire just to see if a kid can cut it in the big time?

because i for one do not wanna see that All-time great go out a shadow.

The longer he plays the higher the chance he will get dropped from Rep footy and become a shadow of himself for the Broncos.

Webcke was smart and retired at the right time. I would like Locky to do the same and while we have other halves 2010 is the right time to end it.

Well I for one am sure that if he decides to play on for a couple more seasons it will be purely because he knows he can still cut it at the highest level rather than cashing a paycheck like other players have done over the years.

If he wants to play on I see absolutely no reason not to let him

draggx said:
while we have other halves 2010 is the right time to end it.

In your opinion.

I'll wait and see how Lockyer plays this season before making such a statement.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.