Williams decides to sue Storm

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Judiciary members have lost patience with Melbourne, and panellist Darrell Williams will recommend they launch immediate legal action against the Storm.

A day after saying minor premiers coach Craig Bellamy and chief executive Brian Waldron had until grand final kick-off to apologise for questioning his integrity, Williams said it was clear they had no intention of doing so.

"I'll be seeking to resolve this through the courts and I will instigate that immediately," Williams said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Hope this hasn't already been posted, I did look.

Good on him. At the very least I hope Waldick and Bellamunch are forced to settle out of court.

Will he be able to prove he was defamed? Has his reputation really been tarnished? Who here takes Bellamy's comments as gospel? They weren't defamed in my eyes because I didn't even take what Bellamy said seriously. Most people on here would be the same. I would also think most RL people would think Bellamy's just a crack pot. And if you can find anyone outside of RL supporters who had heard of this incident/taken it seriously I'd like to know.

But good luck to him.

Yeah I just did a bit of digging and provided he can show defamatory material was published, damage is presumed and he will be entitled to damages of some kind. He'll be entitled to damages simply because he was publically defamed.

He's well entitled to protect his reputation for sure. Good on him. In my eyes, his reputation is not less because of Bellamy's comments. But that's just because Bellamy's a goose.

He also implied the bookies knew has was going to be found guilty, hence the prices.

He was saying they had already come up with the guilty verdict & told the bookies.

Yep, effectively he implied the judiciary colluded with the betting agencies.

"betting agencies. they get good information. now take that as you may"

i was wondering if craig could tell me how many different ways i could take that.

last|soldier said:
Will he be able to prove he was defamed? Has his reputation really been tarnished? Who here takes Bellamy's comments as gospel? They weren't defamed in my eyes because I didn't even take what Bellamy said seriously. Most people on here would be the same. I would also think most RL people would think Bellamy's just a crack pot. And if you can find anyone outside of RL supporters who had heard of this incident/taken it seriously I'd like to know.

But good luck to him.

I believe what Craig said, the panel in my eyes are a bunch of cheats and odd fixers, I listen too Craig because he is a highly respected coach in the NRL and his team is the bestest, so why wouldn't I believe him.

Thank you Craig for opening my eyes to this out rage. icon_thumbs_u

Good to see someone finally standing up to the Storms whingeing. gees I hope Williams wins [icon_pray.

I wonder what Bellamys reaction will be eusa_think

Bronco_for_life said:
I wonder what Bellamys reaction will be

They are trying to get us. It is so unfair.

I have seen worse dummy spits than the one I gave.

He will then provide a DVD of them all. [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.