Winterstein, Kemp and Yow Yeh - Who would you let go?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree. Summerpot just lacks all confidence. Can't risk him.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I think Winter should be removed from team and Kemp given a run. Winter is not doing that well this season, which I am really surprised, but I think Kemp can have a bigger impact.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Winter is fairly dime a dozen as is Kemp.

Although, I reckon Kemp would've been just as uncomfortable as Winter was tonight, up against Inu in the air is a scary contest.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kemp, dime a dozen?? I think not!!!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
Winter is fairly dime a dozen as is Kemp.

Although, I reckon Kemp would've been just as uncomfortable as Winter was tonight, up against Inu in the air is a scary contest.

Go watch the YouTube of his 2008 form.

Winters might turn out to be a very good player (for the Cows). Kemp has the potential to be a great winger, provided the coach shows some faith in him and he gets plenty of quality ball.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That was 2 years ago when he was in great form.

Watch Round 2 for the Kemp I remember.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
That was 2 years ago when he was in great form.

You choose to be negative, watch round 1 that match winning try for the Kemp I remember.
The roar of the crowd was intense I jizzed in my pants. icon_thumbs_u

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":395bc4gj]That was 2 years ago when he was in great form.

You choose to be negative, watch round 1 that match winning try for the Kemp I remember.
The roar of the crowd was intense I jizzed in my pants. icon_thumbs_u[/quote:395bc4gj]

mate any winger with pace could have scored that try in round 1. if Kemp can get back to his '08 then that would be awesome, but that was 2 years ago and he hasn't produced much since

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":39xnm2pm]That was 2 years ago when he was in great form.

mate any winger with pace could have scored that try in round 1. if Kemp can get back to his '08 then that would be awesome, but that was 2 years ago and he hasn't produced much since[/quote:39xnm2pm]

Maybe you should watch it again, Kemp is the only winger in our squad that would have scored that try!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3k0wxg3k][quote="Big Pete":3k0wxg3k]That was 2 years ago when he was in great form.

mate any winger with pace could have scored that try in round 1. if Kemp can get back to his '08 then that would be awesome, but that was 2 years ago and he hasn't produced much since[/quote:3k0wxg3k]

Maybe you should watch it again, Kemp is the only winger in our squad that would have scored that try![/quote:3k0wxg3k]
Agreed, no one else at the Broncos has the pace to do what Kempy did!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I remember Round 1 and him being too afraid to tackle players while Folau was taking an eternity to recover.

The margin between Winter and Kemp is not THAT great.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Isn't the point that Kemp just hasn't had enough game time to prove himself.

If anything, '08 showed what is he capable of. Neither Winters nor Yow Yeh have done, or can do what Kemp did.

He needs a go. Let's rate him after he gets 7 matches in a row.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Isn't the point that Kemp just hasn't had enough game time to prove himself.

He had issues in 2008 too. He was never that great under the high ball and his defence at times was questionable. It was just exasperated this year when he wasn't in the form of his life.

If anything, '08 showed what is he capable of. Neither Winters nor Yow Yeh have done, or can do what Kemp did.

Can do? Hmmm...I won't pay that, I will pay the have done part though.
He needs a go. Let's rate him after he gets 7 matches in a row.

Fair point.

My only problem with the Kemp love is that...it can get a bit too much.

I like Denan, as much as any Bronco and I love the pride and passion he displays for the club. However, to say he is without his faults is ignorant.

He's the worst Broncos winger under the high ball, worst defender and the weakest of all three.

To his credit though, he is the fastest and most agile. Not to mention, a major fan favorite.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Big Pete said:
He's the worst Broncos winger under the high ball, worst defender and the weakest of all three.
This is based on what exactly? Whas has Winter done to justify he's better than Kemp at any of those items?

Kemp has speed, agility and kicking to run rings around Winter, while his defense and ability under the high ball is no worse. And I'm basing this on their best seasons (2008 for Kemp and 2009 for Winter).

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Winterstein's ability under the high ball is inconsistent, but at least it's existent to begin with. Kemp just doesn't bother and is often left looking foolish.

Winterstein is superior in d, but not by a whole lot. But at least he'll make a tackle...where as Kemp just hangs around.

Kicking? When did that become a big part of a wingers game? This isn't Union you know.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Big Pete said:
Winterstein's ability under the high ball is inconsistent, but at least it's existent to begin with. Kemp just doesn't bother and is often left looking foolish.

Winterstein is superior in d, but not by a whole lot. But at least he'll make a tackle...where as Kemp just hangs around.

Kicking? When did that become a big part of a wingers game? This isn't Union you know.

Actually, you better go back and watch the 2008 games, because with those comments, you're the one looking foolish.
Kicking may not be Kemp's first priority, but in that season it certainly was very handy and we scored a number of tries on the back of it. Besides, Kemp is an excellent goal kicker, which should be a factor to take into account when comparing the players.
As for defense and high ball, Kemp's nimble body frame is his main problem, as he sometimes gets run over, but he gets in there and definitely does not "hang around".

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Actually, you better go back and watch the 2008 games, because with those comments, you're the one looking foolish.

I'm still of the opinion Kemp is worse under the high ball than Winterstein.
Kicking may not be Kemp's first priority, but in that season it certainly was very handy and we scored a number of tries on the back of it.

One, and he scored it himself.

Besides, Kemp is an excellent goal kicker,

...Remember when I said the Kemp love in gets too much...yeah...

but he gets in there and definitely does not "hang around".

The man is afraid to tackle, if I had the time, I believe I could make an awesome Kemp hanging off tackling video set to the tune of 'Hanging On A Moment'.

As I see it, all three wingers have their strengths and weaknesses, at the end of the day it comes down to preferences. Should Kemp have Antonio's spot? Possibly, but I wouldn't drop him just yet.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am looking forward to your video with great interest.

As for your opinion abut Kemp's "problems" under the high ball, go back now and watch the '08 YouTube. Kemp took heaps of high balls, leaping for them quite nicely under pressure thank you very much.

The "soccer" try was awesome - and only Kemp could have scored it. If he gets to play, it wont be the last.

Compare Winters to Kemp on form? You've got to be joking! Kemp can be a bloody weapon, and as far as our wing play is concerned, especially with Hodges on the inside, it adds significantly to our strike power.

Hope it happens - soon.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.