Winterstein, Kemp and Yow Yeh - Who would you let go?

What do you mean completely failed on the wing?

It was his best position last year and he didn't really spend that much time there this season before he had to go to fullback to cover for Murphy...and then started killing it.

Big Pete said:

It was his best position last year and he didn't really spend that much time there this season before he had to go to fullback to cover for Murphy...and then started killing it.
Well completely failed was pretty harsh actually. He just was average in attack and very bad in defence. He couldn't read defence and couldn't make the right choice and work with the men inside him.

lyn said:
Big Pete said:

Well completely failed was pretty harsh actually. He just was average in attack and very bad in defence. He couldn't read defence and couldn't make the right choice and work with the men inside him.

In fairness, nobody in U20s can read the play in defence.

Average in attack?

Dude scored 12 tries, made 13 linebreaks and broke 79 tackles in 16 appearances on the wing.

He made less missed tackles than Yow Yeh did too...while making more to boot.

Not bad, for a Rugby convert.

Mental note: don't bother arguing with Pete about players. He's always right.

I wish.

Young Hoffman is looking so promising I hear my serving of Humble Pie is all but ready; his involvement in the 3rd man play has improved significantly over the past couple of weeks.

Ignore Lyn, Big Pete.
She is the same girl that thought Norman will be a superstar at fullback.
If you read though my posts, I was always pushing Hoffman to play fullback and look who was right? icon_thumbs_u
I'll be right about about Gagai as well.
Lyn will have egg over face again [icon_drun

Big_Dave said:
Ignore Lyn, Big Pete.
If you read though my posts, I was always pushing Hoffman to play fullback and look who was right? icon_thumbs_u
Theres still a lot of time for it to happen. [icon_razz1

lyn said:
Big_Dave said:
Ignore Lyn, Big Pete.
Theres still a lot of time for it to happen. [icon_razz1

Norman will be a superstar so in the end Lyn will be at least half right.. icon_thumbs_u

Winterstien was pretty good tonight.

Winterstein was very good tonight. Made some great runs from kick returns and dummy half.

Yow Yeh a bit disappointing but didn't get too many opportunties.

Yeah, he was. He didn't just do a 180, he did a 540!

Big_Dave said:
And Norman was rubbish

And on your logic, or rather lack of it, so were Macca, Hunt, Wallace, Winters, and Yow Yeh.

Norman is inexperienced. Last night he played in an attack that was spineless as spaghetti. Let's not forget the excellent stuff he has produced this year to show his real talent and potential. And those couple of kicks he put up were great.

Back on topic, while Winters played well, I still reckon Kempy would have caught Marshall easily.

rnabokov said:
Big_Dave said:
And Norman was rubbish

And on your logic, or rather lack of it, so were Macca, Hunt, Wallace, Winters, and Yow Yeh.

Norman is inexperienced. Last night he played in an attack that was spineless as spaghetti. Let's not forget the excellent stuff he has produced this year to show his real talent and potential. And those couple of kicks he put up were great.

Back on topic, while Winters played well, I still reckon Kempy would have caught Marshall easily.

Tigers had done some work on him, he was targeted and worked over a lot more than he has been in his last two outings at 5/8.

Big_Dave said:
Ignore Lyn, Big Pete.
If you read though my posts, I was always pushing Hoffman to play fullback and look who was right?

Big_Dave said:
And Norman was rubbish

Is that you Mrs Hoffman.

Active Now

• armchair
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  • The Don
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Alec
  • IceWorks
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.