World Cup Selection error

• Thread starter Raw Boned Youngster
  • Start date
R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Personally, I don't think the selection of Tupou for Australia is in the best interest of the game - Tupou would strengthen Tonga ( or whoever he was originally picked for ) and Australia could easily have picked an alternative.
I understand that Tupou will be playing under Ricki next season etc but i believe, for the international game to prosper, we need strong(er) opposition.
That's all.

Sorry folks, wrong placement of said words

Yeah. Communism! The way of the future! :P

Yeah I think the REAL error is that they didn't choose Myles or Thaiday.

But Thaiday doesn't hit the line hard or break it. He just drops to his knees.

His 8 tries are clear indicators of that. Only forwards to score more tries than him were Anthony Laffranchi and Steve Menzies, who played a fair bit in the backs.

Oh yes, and Thaiday and Myles don't know how to tackle either.........Ricky Stuart is right, his favourite son Tupou definitely is ahead of those guys.

Tupou didnt even start for the Roosters for the majority of the season, thats how poor or ordinary his form was. He was good for about the first 7 rounds but did nothing from there until they got knocked out.

Poor decision

Who's that coach of Tupou's new team? You know the guy that was a halfback? Used to coach Tupou's old team? Ricky something?

Rock, maybe Tupou should have said no to the Tongan selection then.
Actually, I do believe that other countries should be made as strong as possible. Tupou's selection for Tonga would have made sense for the benefit and relevance of the World Cup.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Rock, maybe Tupou should have said no to the Tongan selection then.
Actually, I do believe that other countries should be made as strong as possible. Tupou's selection for Tonga would have made sense for the benefit and relevance of the World Cup.

Not to mention that Australia has a surplus of quality props and backrowers without having to call on a guy who had a very interrupted and ordinary year.

Form aside they should've relaxed the rules to help the minnows. We want to help them them be competitive.

Everyone makes very valid points and the answer is not clear cut.

Firstly; SoO eligibility isn't effected, so that shouldn't (and I highly doubt) has weighed on any players mind.

Secondly; for the strength of the WC, Austral;ia could have released EVERY player who is eligible to other countries, however they would run the very real risk of creating a mickey mouse competition not involving REAL national teams.

Thirdly; the majority of these players WANT to play for Australia. They feel they are Australian and in any other profssion in the country, we would almost dmand that they claim their nationality as Australian.

It definetly could have been a far more competitive competition, but it is also unfair to dictate to an Australian citizen that he indeed can't play for his country of nationality.

The sooner we get rid of the notion of nations competing against each other and replacing it with franchise concept the better.
Surely national pride, or whatever people refer to it as, has run its race; the rule bending and manipulation has seen to that. ( Coxy, please note appropriate use of semi-colon and the possessive form of 'its' ).

The sooner we get rid of the notion of nations competing against each other and replacing it with franchise concept the better.
Surely national pride, or whatever people refer to it as, has run its race; the rule bending and manipulation has seen to that. ( Coxy, please note appropriate use of semi-colon and the possessive form of 'its' ).

The sooner we get rid of you and replace your nickname with banned, the better.

broncospwn said:

The sooner we get rid of you and replace your nickname with banned, the better.

LOLZ. Why? What has he posted that has offended you so?

Keep sticking the man SBL, you have at least one fan here!

It came from being pissed off, and ridiculous things people say sometimes :P

Broncospwn, people have asked me why I have taken an instant dislike to you.
I tell them that it saves time.

Thankyou Hammo, I have always considered you the voice of reason.
You too, Rock.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • LittleDavey
  • OzeMike
  • Maroon4life
  • vnrizz
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Nerd
  • Tmac
  • Bronx48
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Viti
  • Culhwch
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Emanon
  • Horseheadsup
... and 84 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.