World Cup Teams.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Man that Lolz crap is annoying. But do what you want.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coming from the guy with PWNED in his avatar lol

LOLZ Yeah I realised that I after I posted it. Didn't take you long. I don't go around saying it, it's more of a piss-take. I realise LOLZ is also a piss-take, but at least there's more to my post that a LOLZ.

In the end it doesn't matter. We can move on now.

Hammo said:
Alec said:
Hunt, Thaiday, Myles, Ryles and Harrison are the most ****ed up omissions IMO. I can understand Hunt and Thaiday I guess, due to the investigations, but WTF at the other 3?

Investigations?

I would understand it due to their form. Call a spade a spade dude. Slater is 1000 times the fullback Hunt is, this season.

Yeah, I admit that Slater had a better season. It doesn't necessarily make him a better fullback, but whatever. Hunt should have still been the utility. IMO he'd do a much better job of it than Gidley.

Hunt can cover: Fullback (better than Gidley), Wing, 5/8th (poorly), Halfback (poorly), and anywhere in the back row.

Gidley can cover: Fullback (not as good as Hunt though), 5/8th (probably better than Hunt, but still poorly), hooker (poorly)

And if there are no injuries (which there shouldn't be), Hunt would slot straight into the back row for a tired forward. Gidley would either stay on the bench for the entire game or replace Cameron Smith, who is a much better hooker than him, and an 80 minute player anyway.

Basically it's fair enough if Hunt missed out on the fullback spot, but I have no idea how he missed out on the utility role (forgetting about the investigations for a moment).

Alec said:
Gidley can cover: Fullback (not as good as Hunt though), 5/8th (probably better than Hunt, but still poorly), hooker (poorly)

You are kidding, right? Kidley might not be as good as Hunt at fullback but he is excellent at centre, 5/8th, half and hooker. Kidley may not have the grunt to play in the forward pack but given there will be three forwards on the bench the team would be well covered there in event of injury.

Gidley I suppose, maybe Prince in a pinch.

briareos said:
Alec said:

You are kidding, right? Kidley might not be as good as Hunt at fullback but he is excellent at centre, 5/8th, half and hooker. Kidley may not have the grunt to play in the forward pack but given there will be three forwards on the bench the team would be well covered there in event of injury.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi Thankyou for typing my thoughts

briareos said:
Alec said:

You must have low standards for players if you think Gidley is excellent in those positions. He was moved from 5/8th to fullback because he was pretty poor even at club level there. When he played there for country a couple of years back he had absolutely no idea what to do. He'd be even worse at halfback, considering it requires less natural athletic ability and more of a thinking/directing one. And at hooker, well NSW was always doing pretty well even with Buderus at hooker, and as soon as Gidley came on there it just all went downhill for them. He is really only suited for fullback these days.

Yeah, he was crap but since he shifted to fullback he has improved his game to a whole new level. Anytime he has had to switch to hooker or the halves since, Gidley has killed it.

Gidley is the best utility in the comp...which would have to make him argueably the best utility in the World.

New South Wales's chances of winning Origin 3 died when Gidley went off the field.

LOLZ. i thought they died when The Rock claimed JT was over rated.

Interesting that Wallace didnt make the Scottish squad.

Tonga are the smokies I think, as I have said before! I might put a lazy 5er on them FTW

Jeza23 said:
Interesting that Wallace didnt make the Scottish squad.

Tonga are the smokies I think, as I have said before! I might put a lazy 5er on them FTW

I think Wallace pulled out because he was homesick and wanted to spend time in Sydney with his family.

Mason's injured, he goes OK for AUS, but who doesn't? =)

It's a shame Khunt would never secure his spot because his not a flash fullback and the selectors seem to love Slater/Stewart and you can't really argue with that I suppose. But Khunt is a MUST for Origin which is a whole different ball game eh?

Thaiday deserves selection, he's had an outstanding year for the Broncos, can't deny that, people were calling for his selection before the drama, I find it hard to believe the drama didnt play SOME sort of part in his non selection. I do agree he probably would have been named in the 24 if we went on to the GF. Obviously Manly snagged some spots.

Hammo said:
Gidley is the best utility in the comp...which would have to make him argueably the best utility in the World.

Agreed. Dangerous in a host of positions & has impact regardless of where you play him. I have always rated him higher than Berro as a utility, which didn't go down too well around these parts for a while!

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.