OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
For as bad as we have been, it still speaks volumes about the club that Adam Reynolds chooses Brisbane over a Cronulla team that basically offered him the exact same contract

They shafted Morris for Fitzgibbon on the hope that Fitzgibbon would be able to attract a big name signing, at the first hurdle they fell

Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Broncos are still an appealing club to players regardless of how shit we're going - facilities, Suncorp Stadium, one-club-town, etc. ARey isn't dumb, he would see we're a club on the rise - there's not a half in the comp who wouldn't love playing behind Haas/TPJ... I don't doubt Wayne also put in a good word, his beef is with certain people in positions of power, I firmly believe he still loves the club.

As others have said, it's a pity Coates won't be here to score off ARey's kicks, though I'm sure he'll get plenty down south (JAC says hi).

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
If at the start of the season we were told, you’ll lose Walsh, Dearden & Coates, but keep Staggs and gain Reynolds, although most of us would have been disappointed to lose Walsh, most of us would have taken that offer.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Can Selwyn Cobbo make first grade this year?

Best we introduce him off the wing now and chuck Coates back to ISC. Surely he cannot do any worse than what X is dishing up in defence on that right edge :raaage:

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I was flabbergasted at Vossy and the rest of the commentators last night blowing smoke up Coates ass when he went for the highball.

He did an AFL style jump and got a long way off the ground......but he fucking dropped it.
You want to impress me Turncoats? CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I was flabbergasted at Vossy and the rest of the commentators last night blowing smoke up Coates ass when he went for the highball.

He did an AFL style jump and got a long way off the ground......but he fucking dropped it.
You want to impress me Turncoats? CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

Yeah, it was odd. Jumped high but fucked it up, still got praise.

Locky's Left Boot

Locky's Left Boot

NYC Player
Jul 26, 2017
How many times has Coates dropped it cold over the try line? Twice maybe 3 times before? The kid can jump but gee he's magically grown dick fingers at times

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm actually really excited about Coates going to Melbourne because Bellamy is going to hone his immense talent and we will reap the benefits in 2024 when he comes back the finished product.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I'm actually really excited about Coates going to Melbourne because Bellamy is going to hone his immense talent and we will reap the benefits in 2024 when he comes back the finished product.
I don't want him back.
I don't care how good he gets.

He is a snake.
He professed his love of the club and desire to be a Bronco all the while knowing full well he was going to Storm.
He could be the next immortal and i still never want to see him in a Broncos jersey again.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I don't want him back.
I don't care how good he gets.

He is a snake.
He professed his love of the club and desire to be a Bronco all the while knowing full well he was going to Storm.
He could be the next immortal and i still never want to see him in a Broncos jersey again.
What did you think of Justin Hodges?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I doubt he will come back to the Broncos, but Bellamy will get the best out of him for us at Origin time.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
What did you think of Justin Hodges?
I loved Hodgo.
He had proven himself well before he went to the Rorters and was always welcome back because of that.
Hodges also never gave us a wooden spoon.
From what i remember, Hodgo signed with the Roosters as well because Brisbane never offered him a new contract before the deadline and so he accepted the offer from the Roosters.

He also won a premiership with the Roosters and still came back to the Broncos.

Also you cant compare the two, i dont recall Hodges going to the press and telling everyone how much he loved the club and wanted to stay a Bronco all while touring the Roosters facilities and having lattes with their coach.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I loved Hodgo.
He had proven himself well before he went to the Rorters and was always welcome back because of that.
From what i remember, Hodgo signed with the Roosters as well because Brisbane never offered him a new contract before the deadline and so he accepted the offer from the Roosters.

Also you cant compare the two, i dont recall Hodges going to the press and telling everyone how much he loved the club and wanted to stay a Bronco all while touring the Roosters facilities and having lattes with their coach.
I am pretty sure Wayne was so pissed at hodgo for chasing the money he dropped him to the Clydesdales for the rest of the season.....the broncos definitely wanted him to stay. It might be in Wayne’s book.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I loved Hodgo.

Hodges hadn't proven himself at all, he was a promising youngster who hadn't even cemented a first team spot. We wanted to keep him but he fucked off to the Roosters, which caused him to get dropped for the rest of the season in place of another youngster... Brent Tate.

Coates never gave us the wooden spoon what is this nonsense? Like yeah if Coates wasn't in the team we wouldn't have come dead last? Bit of perspective yeah?

Coates could very well go and win a premiership with the Storm... would you welcome him back thereafter?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.