OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

No it doesn't. Like I said, he probably meant it at the time but circumstances changed. He seems like a really genuine kid to me. He wears his heart on his sleeve. But you could tell he was upset last week. Now we know why.
Nah that's a copout.
He is a rat and a traitor and im glad he is going.
Dont want turncoats like him in the side.

I hope the media hit us hard, long and hard. The sooner we get the us against the rest of the world mentality back the sooner we actually dig deep to rectify the perceived injustices. The thin white duke was a master at spinning this narrative when he was here.

It already is us against the world, not sure if you ever read other fan's forums but even at our absolute lowest opposition teams still want to see us concede 50 each and every week and if we somehow get into a position to win a game or rarely win.. it's because the refs got us over the line, that's their logic

We've got clubs picking the life out of our talent. I am sure the club will move on and at some stage be a powerhouse again but with every player we lose that the club invested lots of time and money into developing, it's just another bit of salt into the wound for us fans.

The media shoots us down, each low is lower than the last low (you watch the carry on if Kotoni leaves). They don't even weigh up the facts, never mind Fifita left the club to sign a deal worth 1.2m a season as an edge backrower, just the fact he left is all they need. It will be the same here, a winger of all people, probably the most replaceable position in any NRL team.

It's easy to see how teams like Newcastle, Wests, Canterbury.. simply can't get out of it because of the way the salary cap is and the teams at the top know how to manipulate it the best. Look at Wests, they had Moses and Tedesco picked out of their team, they're still down there scratching and clawing while the teams that recruited these players are genuine contenders. Why even develop your own talent?

Nah that's a copout.
He is a rat and a traitor and im glad he is going.
Dont want turncoats like him in the side.
Pretty sure he won't be in the side if he's playing for Melbourne.

I'm not saying he would be a world beater, but i'm not the only one who is amazed he has never got himself an opportunity at NRL level. His age ( 27 ) would probably put a lot of clubs off, but i think he would cut it in the NRL. At worst he would be good backline cover.

Really get puzzled sometimes how some players just never seem to get the chance. Josh Cleeland and Nat Neale are another couple i can think of who just have never made a break through despite ( imo anyway ) them being good players.
Deloise had a fair string of games at the Tigers didn't he? Iirc he seemed alright, what happened?

Pretty sure he won't be in the side if he's playing for Melbourne.
I mean, obviously, but the sooner we clean out these punk kids who gave us our first spoon the better.
Its a shame he is not loyal and stuck with us, but in signing elsewhere has just shown that he is not the type of bloke the Broncos need.

Mrslong said it a while ago, we need to embrace a siege mentality and make it Broncos vs the World.
Instill a sense of loyalty and camaraderie in the team, and you cannot form those bonds and build that type of team with kids who are looking to go elsewhere.

I am convinced its blokes like Dearden and Coates who were a part of the problem in this team, they want the big money, and the success without putting in the hard work, or hanging in there through the tough times.

I don't think we lose much with him out, certainly not like losing Haas or TPJ.

Well yeah, Coates has said he finds Melbourne (and every club - idiot) appealling but nothing is signed.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.