OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

I think (or have a feeling, I guess) if the Broncos kept Dearden, Coates probably would have stayed too. Oh well.
Broncos now have the cap space to really begin fixing the spine, like see if Dunkin Donuts and KW really have what it takes.

Death threats from people who don't know who you are would feel a bit different to this.

I doubt any of the threats would be credible, but I don't think it's weak of Coates to be effected by them.

It's all the more reason though to get off the Gram.
He isn't effected by them but I'm pretty sure he would be affected by them. I received a few a couple of years back when I pointed out how poor some kid( Laura Breton) was after squawking out a shit cut down rendition of Nessun Dorma on Americas Got Talent. Some guy was trying to get people to find me and said I needed to be killed. I didn't take it too seriously but it did make me think about the tiny tiny percentage of total whackjobs out there.

You are 100% accurate, I like to engage in other forums where it's a more open discussion (not full of Brisbane only fans) and our club is easily one of the most hated, everyone who I have seen saying which teams they hate the most.. Brisbane usually is in their top 3 and I think you'll find the entitlement of your average Brisbane fan has a lot to do with that.
sorry but this really is just incorrect. broncos fan base is massive the average fan you speak of is nothing like you say, to think just because you support a certain team you act a certain way is purely childish rubbish.

fact is broncos have one of the biggest fan bases in the game bar maybe souths?
so our average fans are 100 casual that would not frequent forum boards reddit/facebook to talk about broncos.

the thing that might make it stand out more is because we have more fans statistically we are going to have more hardcore fans that carry on like you suggest. but that in no way is any differant to any other hardcore fan of another team.

Its like when 1 or 2 posters here say some negative things about a player or coach then months later different posters say the opposite then you get guys like you who will jump in and accuse all members who post here bipolar for changing there opinion when in reality it was completely different people.

sorry for the rant it just irks me when i hear people paint a fan base with a broad brush and claim that its majority or the average fan that acts like that when in reality it not even remotely true.

He isn't effected by them but I'm pretty sure he would be affected by them.
Hahaha no way that gets a pass.
How I picture users when they correct obvious spelling and grammar mistakes.  - GIF on Imgur

No, most people recognise an opinion or when someone is simply stating theirs. It's just you leave no room and state everything as if it's fact. It isn't neccessary to write imo after every statement because people are smart enough to figure it out. Words like 'I think' 'I feel' 'I believe' that he'll be a career winger or he's the worst player in the NRL go a long way to tipping people off.

When you mature you will come to understand what I mean and why it's important. What I referred to earlier about 35 year olds and evidence are the jobs which require a mature mind with which to weigh the evidence. Those sorts of jobs are obviously in the judiciary. They don't give those jobs to know alls who believe they're infallible or certainly act as if that's the case.

To lead a nation or to rule on people's fates require a mind much more seasoned. Sadly, both fields can still be corrupted but still, no one puts a 35 year old in charge. In my own case I too was like you, so so fucking certain I knew it all but I've come to understand how little I know about the world and how much more there is to learn. If you take my words as a criticism, you're right but it's more than that. It's advice to maybe take a step back and see if there can be any truth in them. Should you do so you may have grown just a little.
Sorry chief, but this reads as a you problem, not a me problem. You want me to use softer terms like "I feel" and "I believe" when posting an opinion? I think you need to wake up to yourself, for someone who is trying to act mature, you're coming off as quite young with no self confidence. And the fact you're talking down to someone, and attempting to give life advice to someone you know nothing about, and have never met, shows that you aren't someone who should be giving advice in the first place.

Please don't bring politics into it, you just need to look at politicians in the US to show that being over 35 means jack shit.

Sorry chief, but this reads as a you problem, not a me problem. You want me to use softer terms like "I feel" and "I believe" when posting an opinion? I think you need to wake up to yourself, for someone who is trying to act mature, you're coming off as quite young with no self confidence. And the fact you're talking down to someone, and attempting to give life advice to someone you know nothing about, and have never met, shows that you aren't someone who should be giving advice in the first place.

Please don't bring politics into it, you just need to look at politicians in the US to show that being over 35 means jack shit.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Confidence!!! When I was 35, you were 7. The advice I gave applies generally. Talking down. Pretty snowflakey of you. You made stupid statements and continue to do so. I knew you couldn't see it because you honestly believe you have a handle on everything but I had to try. I know that in 10 or 15 years time you'll have grown up a bit more and you'll look back and shake your head after remembering how full of yourself you were back in '21.

Like last year when you declared with total certainty that Kennedy was the worst player in the NRL. Of course he wasn't and he isn't doing anything he didn't do last year either. He hasn't suddenly improved, he has just maintained his game but you'd decided he was shit. You probably hadn't even seen him or paid any attention to him yet you knew, you just knew he was the worst. Well, everyone can see you were wrong, well everyone but you that is!

He's not doing anything new, nothing he didn't do last year, a fact supported by his stats. Only now everyone can see he's a capable frontrower and you'd look stupid admitting you called it wrong. That's a 35 year olds ego. Not all 35 year olds of course but a fuckton of them. Perhaps you should ask a few 70 year olds what they've learned concerning maturity but you wouldn't or won't. Anyway, I'll desist from trying to help you. There's not much point. Oh, btw, I already know you didn't ask for it so that'll save you a few lines.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Confidence!!! When I was 35, you were 7. The advice I gave applies generally. Talking down. Pretty snowflakey of you. You made stupid statements and continue to do so. I knew you couldn't see it because you honestly believe you have a handle on everything but I had to try. I know that in 10 or 15 years time you'll have grown up a bit more and you'll look back and shake your head after remembering how full of yourself you were back in '21.

Like last year when you declared with total certainty that Kennedy was the worst player in the NRL. Of course he wasn't and he isn't doing anything he didn't do last year either. He hasn't suddenly improved, he has just maintained his game but you'd decided he was shit. You probably hadn't even seen him or paid any attention to him yet you knew, you just knew he was the worst. Well, everyone can see you were wrong, well everyone but you that is!

He's not doing anything new, nothing he didn't do last year, a fact supported by his stats. Only now everyone can see he's a capable frontrower and you'd look stupid admitting you called it wrong. That's a 35 year olds ego. Not all 35 year olds of course but a fuckton of them. Perhaps you should ask a few 70 year olds what they've learned concerning maturity but you wouldn't or won't. Anyway, I'll desist from trying to help you. There's not much point. Oh, btw, I already know you didn't ask for it so that'll save you a few lines.
This is a very long and emotional post all because I don't rate Kennedy. You seem to be clinging onto this age thing. Are you upset to have wasted your life and trying to help me, your dearest forum friend, avoid your same mistakes?

This is a very long and emotional post all because I don't rate Kennedy. You seem to be clinging onto this age thing. Are you upset to have wasted your life and trying to help me, your dearest forum friend, avoid your same mistakes?
😂😂😂😂😂
No, not really. I've already said I was like you when I was 35, absolutely certain I had the world all figured out and it does sadden me bit that you may learn the truth too late. Btw, it's got very little to do with Kennedy, he's just an example. It matters not to me that you don't rate him. It should wake you up though about making statements of absolute certainty. It's an irritating and irksome habit that others have already told you about. All those people in your past who have called you 'a know all'.

I'd fight for your right to an opinion, it's absolutely worth fighting for. Something that I've always admired is the person who says, yep, I got that one wrong and if it caused offence they add I'm sorry. No, I don't require a sorry 😀 Just take it as intended or not. Either way, it's all good. How about you have the last say here, okay? Truce .

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂
No, not really. I've already said I was like you when I was 35, absolutely certain I had the world all figured out and it does sadden me bit that you may learn the truth too late. Btw, it's got very little to do with Kennedy, he's just an example. It matters not to me that you don't rate him. It should wake you up though about making statements of absolute certainty. It's an irritating and irksome habit that others have already told you about. All those people in your past who have called you 'a know all'.

I'd fight for your right to an opinion, it's absolutely worth fighting for. Something that I've always admired is the person who says, yep, I got that one wrong and if it caused offence they add I'm sorry. No, I don't require a sorry 😀 Just take it as intended or not. Either way, it's all good. How about you have the last say here, okay? Truce .
Maybe with all your wisdom, you can learn to read? I've already stated when I say things, they are clearly opinions and not facts. I've literally said during this conversation I get things wrong all the time, and I even said I've changed my tune on Kennedy(I still think he is only border-line NRL standard and should only play when there are injuries)

So again, actually read the posts before trying to offer up life advice. And there is absolutely no way I'd apologize if a footy opinion of mine caused offence to someone. That would be truly pathetic, and by pathetic that's directed at the puss who would want an apology because of an opinion about anything, especially football. So no I won't change the words I use when I post, it's honestly sad you think I should. So if you can't handle that, there is a block button :)

I felt compelled to put this out there.

I have said some silly shit regarding Coates, stuff like " i hope he blows out both hammy's" etc etc.
This was all said in jest, i don't wish injury on anyone, and while it sucks he is leaving and it has pissed me off pretty hard, it should be made clear that there is no malice and i really do wish him all the best in the future.

Obviously i hope the Storm get the wooden spoon back to back in both seasons he is there, but he is just a kid and an earlier post that someone said he was getting death threats made me feel a bit sorry for the guy.

Still can’t believe we couldn’t keep him. This manager him and Walsh have is a real piece of work. Just speculation of course

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.