Young Broncos you can see leaving.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Now do not bring Bruno into this as the idea is nothing to do with him, looking at the young guys we have right now especially in the backs we can not keep them all. Who do you see moving on and making a name elsewhere purely because he is behind a greater player?

For mine

Hoffman/Norman - one of them will leave and become an A grade star at another club and that all depends on who finishes the year at fullback here.

Copely,Beale - We have so many talented backline players with Glenn,Yow Yeh,Kemp,Winter,Hodges,Izzy that its going to be hard for them to get a solid spot. Beale will spend a few years in Qcup but i can see Copely moving on and becomming a star.

I think that there is room for both Norman and Hoffman. I can see Norman going to 5/8th after Locky pulls the pin.

Lynx thats a chance for sure but then what about B.Hunt?

draggx said:
Lynx thats a chance for sure but then what about B.Hunt?

When Henjak finally loses patience with the underperforming, uncreative Wallace, Hunt will take the 7.

When does the Contract of one Mr Wallace run out?

Norman/Hunt could be our halves for years to come

1.Hoffman
2. Winter
3.Glenn
4.Izzy
5. Yow yeh
6.Norman
7. Hunt

9. Macca

for the next 5yrs!.... (please drop the cap nrl)

Wallace is out of contract in 2012

probably 2-3 of Norman, Beale, Copely, Hunt, Yow Yeh and Winterstein will leave IMO. theyll get fed up of not being given guaranteed first grade spots and move shop.

And that's the difference in this day and age. Players know they can find another club that wants their services and get paid pretty well, rather than cop a pay cut and not be guaranteed a first grade starting spot and be playing Q Cup in some suburban ground with 15 people watching.

In the old days, at least if they were playing reserve grade they'd be the curtain raiser to the main game, and thus still play on the best fields, travel with the first graders etc.

I'd love to see a return to 3 grades again. *sigh*

Coxy said:
And that's the difference in this day and age. Players know they can find another club that wants their services and get paid pretty well, rather than cop a pay cut and not be guaranteed a first grade starting spot and be playing Q Cup in some suburban ground with 15 people watching.

In the old days, at least if they were playing reserve grade they'd be the curtain raiser to the main game, and thus still play on the best fields, travel with the first graders etc.

Do you honestly think a modern-day footballer would stay with a club rather than go elsewhere because they'd be the curtain raiser to the main game and play at the best grounds? It's not 1963 anymore...

Coxy, the problem with Wallace is he is doing a ridiculous amout of heavy work in defence.
Fatigue is the enemy of even the most talented.
He has nothing in the tank.
By the way, if there was even the slighest hint of creative angle running by the forwards, you would see a far more 'creative' Wallace.
I know you find the Storm boring, but if you watch the very clever work ALL of their forwards do ( with and without the ball ) on the early tackles, you would see a team that it would be easy to play dummy half or half back in.

There is not much happening for Pete at the Broncos.

Meat77 said:
Coxy said:

Do you honestly think a modern-day footballer would stay with a club rather than go elsewhere because they'd be the curtain raiser to the main game and play at the best grounds? It's not 1963 anymore...

No, but I can imagine them LEAVING to avoid playing at Bishop Park, Nundah or Browne Park, Rockhampton, or Davies Park, West End!

Hoffman said yesterday he wants to be a bronco for life. Norman is only young he has plenty of time to develop and 5/8 is probably where he will end up. As for guys like Beale and Copley who knows? They are probably about 2 or 3 yrs off reaching their full potential so it's hard to say who will end up where. I think both have alot of potential but need to develop physically and defend better in first grade. We also have guys like Dane Gagai and Jordan Kahu coming through. It can work out so differently in any of their careers, they could be major flops or superstar or just a everyday run of the mill 1st grader.

In all honesty the answer to this question is all of them. It's getting rarer and rarer to see someone stay with a club throughout their career.

It's not ideal but it's the reality of the situation

Coxy said:

icon_thumbs_u
Bring Back a Proper reggies comp! also it will help bridge the gap between 20's and Nrl. IMO it would help retain a player how at times are inconsistant.

joshobro said:
Hoffman said yesterday he wants to be a bronco for life. Norman is only young he has plenty of time to develop and 5/8 is probably where he will end up. As for guys like Beale and Copley who knows? They are probably about 2 or 3 yrs off reaching their full potential so it's hard to say who will end up where. I think both have alot of potential but need to develop physically and defend better in first grade. We also have guys like Dane Gagai and Jordan Kahu coming through. It can work out so differently in any of their careers, they could be major flops or superstar or just a everyday run of the mill 1st grader.

So, did Karmichael Hunt and we al know what happened with him

Anonymous person said:
probably 2-3 of Norman, Beale, Copely, Hunt, Yow Yeh and Winterstein will leave IMO. theyll get fed up of not being given guaranteed first grade spots and move shop.

Yow Yeh and Winterstein are expected to be the first grade wingers and you would have to think that Kemp will go to fullback when he returns, purely on the fact that he is the best option IMO.

Not sure what you mean by "theyll get fed up of not being given guaranteed first grade spots", should we work like the Australian Cricket team and put in a rotation system so everyone gets a game? If not then who would they replace, Hodges, Falou, Wallace or Lockyer? Get a grip mate.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • phoenix
  • Inside pass
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.