Young broncs in feeder clubs

Roberts was toxic to a young team, I'm glad they let him go. Nikorima wanted to play half back and he wasn't a half back for us, imagine his attitude on the team if we stopped him from getting that multi year deal in the position he wanted. Boyd was NOWHERE NEAR the other half backs. Its why we didn't let o'sullivan go. We have a young team that needs to grow a strong attitude, if we had a seasoned team ready to win this year I'd say stuff them and keep them for depth, but their attitudes are the big things we need to fix and develop at the moment.
Who do we sign to replace a player ranked 36th in our squad? Lol... Every year we whinge about a position/s then the next year we have amazing juniors in that position come through. 2 years ago our forwards weren't big enough and had poor PTBs and not enough talent - enter haas, fifita, sua, carrigan, flegler getting talked about, and we sign lodge in the mean time to hold the Fort. Then it was we have no halves - then we hear whispers about dearden, paix, and the future immortal we've missed in boyd, and we signed a young cover in o'sullivan as they develop. At the moment what are we most concerned about? Our fullback and outside backs in general seem to lack depth right? Who are we hearing whispers about now? Coates, niu, Walsh, and Farnsworth, with perese and kenner signed to fill any gap in the mean time and we also got that young Fijian.
Even hooker, we signed Turpin last year and are looking at paix as a dummy half.
This development and recruitment team is plugging the holes we are whinging about before they are even obvious to people on this forum. That's why I have faith in their choices at the moment. BIG TIME . Will they get a few wrong, probably. But are they getting more right than wrong at the moment. YES. And that's better than most clubs, in fact, I'd say if you asked any other club which club has the best players under 21 at the monent was, all 15 other clubs would say the broncos. So what the hell are we whinging about...
Not convinced we've got FB covered at all at the moment.

Not convinced we've got FB covered at all at the moment.
Not this year or next but reece Walsh sounds like a highly rated prospect, also niu is playing state league every week and is only 18 years old. I wouldn't totally give up on isaako either, he may not be a long term option but I think he will get better and regain form after the tough year it sounds like he has had off the field this year.

I know there has been a bit said about the defence of Izaia Perese not been up to scratch but boy his attack is quality. Just got got redcliffe back into the game against Ipswich with two try assits. Looks to have everything you want from a centre, speed, strength and a great offload and draw and pass game. I can see him playing alot of nrl if he sticks it out.

I know there has been a bit said about the defence of Izaia Perese not been up to scratch but boy his attack is quality. Just got got redcliffe back into the game against Ipswich with two try assits. Looks to have everything you want from a centre, speed, strength and a great offload and draw and pass game. I can see him playing alot of nrl if he sticks it out.

Sounds good. Staggs hasn't been as impressive as last year and Shibasaki just doesn't look up to this level right now, so hopefully Perese keeps on improving and impressing.
Would be good to have another talented QLD back too.

Last edited:
Boom young guns Tom Dearden, Cory Paix and Tesi Niu will all be placed with the same Intrust Super Cup side this season, Souths Logan Magpies.

Dearden, 18, will call the shots in the halves, Niu, 18, will start in the No.1 jumper and Paix, 20, will operate at hooker, the position for which he is being groomed in the NRL. Seibold has huge plans for the three young guns and wants them to develop an understanding as soon as possible.

Boom young guns Tom Dearden, Cory Paix and Tesi Niu will all be placed with the same Intrust Super Cup side this season, Souths Logan Magpies.

Dearden, 18, will call the shots in the halves, Niu, 18, will start in the No.1 jumper and Paix, 20, will operate at hooker, the position for which he is being groomed in the NRL. Seibold has huge plans for the three young guns and wants them to develop an understanding as soon as possible.

Would love for all 3 of them to absolutely carve up, there'll be nothing better than Darb & McCullough getting punted for Niu & Paix for the second half of the season.

Also hoping Reece Walsh can come back from injury soon and show what he's got at fullback as well, but I'm not sure what club he will be aligned to.

Would love for all 3 of them to absolutely carve up, there'll be nothing better than Darb & McCullough getting punted for Niu & Paix for the second half of the season.
I actually wouldn't mind Niu spending this year in ISC, unless he is carving up the comp and forcing his way in.

But for his development and his body, I'd rather him spend the year getting stronger and cement the fullback spot for Souths.

Big day thinking and writing for Pete Badel this week.

Dearden and Paix moved to Souths together.

His ISC knowledge is terrible.

Souths have spent a lot of money, Nicholls and Hamilton are there too. Not sure how they are fitting all of them in to the 17 but JB will be under some pressure to get results. 10th again won't look good when you have 14 Broncos.
[automerge]1582849552[/automerge]
Also hoping Reece Walsh can come back from injury soon and show what he's got at fullback as well, but I'm not sure what club he will be aligned to.

He will play MM for Tweed when he comes back from his shoulder op. Then see at the end of that season what he needs.

Last edited:

About time this has happened, it's so important that your key players are connected. Props to seibold

Big day thinking and writing for Pete Badel this week.

His ISC knowledge is terrible.

Souths have spent a lot of money, Nicholls and Hamilton are there too. Not sure how they are fitting all of them in to the 17 but JB will be under some pressure to get results. 10th again won't look good when you have 14 Broncos.
[automerge]1582849552[/automerge]

He will play MM for Tweed when he comes back from his shoulder op. Then see at the end of that season what he needs.
Would you say Nicholls will be paired with Dearden?
They have Cristian Hazzard as well, would Hamilton be battling Hazzard for the 14 spot.

Any news on if any of the Brissy outside backs will be at Souths as well? other then Vudogo?

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone knows the feeder club allocations for the broncos yet?
I heard dearden, niu and paix (future spine connections) are all allocated to souths. That is an excellent idea and long overdue strategy I believe. Hope to see left, right and middle players paired to the same clubs too.

Last edited:
Would you say Nicholls will be paired with Dearden?
They have Cristian Hazzard as well, would Hamilton be battling Hazzard for the 14 spot.

Any news on if any of the Brissy outside backs will be at Souths as well? other then Vudogo?

Souths have a strong spine already and this is the problem with moving guys so they play with each other- Hazzard, Hamilton and Nicholls are a very good spine.

Nui was already a Souths kid so he hasn't been moved just playing where he has always played. But Paix and Dearden aren't locked in as the best Magpies halves and hooker. Especially if like last year Souths are playing poorly and JB is under pressure he could make changes and want to drop guys.

Niu didn't lock down the Souths fullback job last year and played half his games at centre- I think his best game was at centre.

Last year with Boyd, he couldn't make the Magpies ISC team and went back to Colts then left for the Titans. It can cause problems.

Vudogo is with Souths again.

I will say I watched the game Souths v Jets last week and I think Paix has improved.

My big criticism of him last year was he was moved everywhere from half to hooker and interchange and it showed in his decision making- he had a foot injury which didn't help but he was clearly unsure of his role and the role of hooker. I almost felt sorry for him in the finals he comes off the bench game in the balance and expected to make an impact from hooker and the poor guy looked unsure.

On Saturday a lot more confident and sure about his impact and how he was going to do it.

Souths have a strong spine already and this is the problem with moving guys so they play with each other- Hazzard, Hamilton and Nicholls are a very good spine.

Nui was already a Souths kid so he hasn't been moved just playing where he has always played. But Paix and Dearden aren't locked in as the best Magpies halves and hooker. Especially if like last year Souths are playing poorly and JB is under pressure he could make changes and want to drop guys.

Niu didn't lock down the Souths fullback job last year and played half his games at centre- I think his best game was at centre.

Last year with Boyd, he couldn't make the Magpies ISC team and went back to Colts then left for the Titans. It can cause problems.

Vudogo is with Souths again.
So you don't rate paix or dearden then?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.