Yvonne Sampson leaves Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Fox are launching an NRL channel next year... 24hrs a day!!! I'd say she will be involved pretty heavily in that.
I was thinking about ditching the Foxtel this year with the majority of games being free to air but I'll be checking this out for sure

The only real loss is that 9 have lost a piece of eye candy.

Apart from that, not much else. She agrees with everyone too much. She doesn't offer anything different than what others do on the network.

When I think of what I want in a presenter, I want someone that's a bit controversial, that isn't afraid to speak their mind, that doesn't just repeat the same old shit that everyone else is saying all the time.. She does not offer that.

The only person that comes close is Gould.

But she is pretty hot, though.

Last edited:
Personally, the only good thing about 9 has always just been not having to pay $50 + tip. She was OK, but irrelevant to me.

Hopefully it serves as a wake-up call to 9.

Their coverage is stuck in the 90s and has been in desperate need of a make-over for around a decade. Looking at the quality of their content, I'd dare say it's gone backwards. The Sunday Roast was a fantastic show that covered the lighter side of the game but wasn't afraid to discuss the big issues. It was what the Thursday Night Show ought to be without any of the fat (pun originally not intended, but acknowledging it now).

9 need to up the ante. Not only is a lot of their programming stale, their choice of feature games is awful and is doing little to grow their product. I just couldn't imagine fans watching the plethora of South Sydney, Canterbury, Brisbane and Parramatta games that are constantly on and wanting to become a fan. Listening to a lot of fans, it was usually the great players of yesteryear like Daley (Canberra), Brandy (Penrith), ET (Cronulla), Florimo (Norths), Potter (St George), McGregor (Steelers), Bowen (Cowboys), Slater (Melbourne) that made them fans of the game. Limiting it to such a small sample size has hurt the game's broader appeal.

Great news :) A good start for the NRL Channel.

Never needed women blithering on , don't rate their opinions as I've always thought they were on the panels etc just to appease women. Couldn't care less and really only want to hear from men who've played the game as it's way more likely to be informed. Doesn't mean I automatically respect the opinion.

Never needed women blithering on , don't rate their opinions as I've always thought they were on the panels etc just to appease women. Couldn't care less and really only want to hear from men who've played the game as it's way more likely to be informed. Doesn't mean I automatically respect the opinion.

Wow.

No need to go into so much detail. Cannot be bothered listening to know nothing women. What can they offer about the game that I cannot get from a former player or coach ?

The only real loss is that 9 have lost a piece of eye candy.

Apart from that, not much else. She agrees with everyone too much. She doesn't offer anything different than what others do on the network.

I disagree. There were plenty of times she disagreed with the other panellists/news journos on the "10 in the bin" segment on the Sunday Footy Show. Most times she was the one who was spot on, too.

I don't think her other roles gave her much room to do this anyway, that is not why she was there.

The fact they've signed Cam Williams back on just means he'll take much of Yvonne's old role, which is a major step back for 9 imo.

Couldn't care less and really only want to hear from men who've played the game as it's way more likely to be informed.

And yet, you would listen to Ray Warren rabbiting on. (pun intended)

And yet, you would listen to Ray Warren rabbiting on. (pun intended)
It would be easy to think or deduce that I have no respect for women but that would be an error. The way I see these shows is with the expectation that the opinions and views would be expert in nature. I think it actually demeans women as they are so obviously placed to serve other purposes. Appeal to women, eye candy, drag cash out of women in any and every way. If they bring on females who are experts in related fields, sports medicine, psychology, sleep or administration etc then yes , I'm interested in what they have to say. If it's a nice set of tits and a pretty face offering their great insight to a game they have never played then for me, it's a no.

Ftr, Ray Warren is on free to air and consequently I just about never hear a word he says. Also, there are the odd one or two I don't particularly like ( Paul Kent ! Certainly ) but at least he played the game. . .

It would be easy to think or deduce that I have no respect for women but that would be an error. The way I see these shows is with the expectation that the opinions and views would be expert in nature. I think it actually demeans women as they are so obviously placed to serve other purposes. Appeal to women, eye candy, drag cash out of women in any and every way. If they bring on females who are experts in related fields, sports medicine, psychology, sleep or administration etc then yes , I'm interested in what they have to say. If it's a nice set of tits and a pretty face offering their great insight to a game they have never played then for me, it's a no.

Ftr, Ray Warren is on free to air and consequently I just about never hear a word he says. Also, there are the odd one or two I don't particularly like ( Paul Kent ! Certainly ) but at least he played the game. . .
So then you also just about never hear a word Yvonne has to say, as she's also on free to air?

So then you also just about never hear a word Yvonne has to say, as she's also on free to air?
Wherever she plys her trade is of little consequence to me. I don't even know who she is and couldn't pick her out in a lineup unless the others were all men. Her opinion on rugby league has the same value for me as a random woman from the audience. It may in fact be better thought out than many others, male or female but it doesn't change my view that my preference is for expert observation. Everyone knows why women are on these shows and I'm at least honest about it and my dislike for the belief that it's a necessity.

Wherever she plys her trade is of little consequence to me. I don't even know who she is and couldn't pick her out in a lineup unless the others were all men. Her opinion on rugby league has the same value for me as a random woman from the audience. It may in fact be better thought out than many others, male or female but it doesn't change my view that my preference is for expert observation. Everyone knows why women are on these shows and I'm at least honest about it and my dislike for the belief that it's a necessity.

"I've never seen her, never heard her speak and wouldn't even know who she is... but I have a clearly defined opinion of her" #NotSexist #I'mWithHerCorrectingGrammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • thenry
  • Fozz
  • Maddy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.