09/10 Football Thread

Big props to Fulham this morning [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Can't see it happening but I would love for them to take out the trophy. Then again, I didn't see them getting this far either!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8657029.stm

Former England boss Steve McClaren has led FC Twente to the first Dutch league title in their 45-year history.

McClaren, sacked as England manager in 2007, is the first English coach to win a major European league title since Sir Bobby Robson with Porto in 1996.

How the HELL did that happen? McClaren is a clown! Has the dutch league dropped in quality over the last few years or something?

Scotty said:
Big props to Fulham this morning [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Can't see it happening but I would love for them to take out the trophy. Then again, I didn't see them getting this far either!

as much as I like ham teams (which really isnt that much lol) LETS GO ATLETICO!!!!!

I expect Althetico to win it, and I expected you to be going for them since they are most likely to win it and are not English :P I just think it's great to see a team like Fulham have some good success finally. They were on the brink of relegation a couple of seasons ago and look how they have turned it around. Would love to see them win but I doubt it will happen.

Scotty said:
Ari Gold said:
Bale has been playing Left midfield for Spurs on quite a few occasions and I imagine that's where Man U would be looking to play him. With Valencia on the right Bale would offer a similar threat on the left, and with Giggs nearing retirement it makes sense. Granted they have Nani and Park who can play there, but neither are at Bale's level.

On a Spurs related note, I see Man City have been given special dispensation to sign a back up keeper. Given they'd otherwise have to play a rookie, that could have a big affect on the CL race.

Nani had a shit start to the season but he has been pretty damn good over the last few months. I wouldn't say Bale is ahead of him by any means.

I agree Nani has been in very good form (sadly on Sunday for you) but I think a lot of his good work has been in getting himself in scoring positions and finishing very well. Nothing wrong with that, but I think Bale shades him when it comes to fashioning out chances for others, and I think this is the type of player I'd rather down the left flank.

On a somewhat related note, hasn't Berbatov been utterly dross!

HUGE HUGE game tomorrow morning, CL spot on the line.............COYS

Chelsea one up against Wigan, get in.

Well done to Chelski, anyone but Manure or the arseScum winning makes me happy.

Shame my boys were still pissed from celebrating Wednesday's win hahaha

Makes me sad that Drogba got the golden boot. Hate that bastard.

I bet Hatchy is happy today! The die hard Chelsea fan that he is I'm sure he stayed up to watch his team take out the premier league with such players as Nicholas Anelka, Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel.

Scotty said:
I bet Hatchy is happy today! The die hard Chelsea fan that he is I'm sure he stayed up to watch his team take out the premier league with such players as Nicholas Anelka, Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

damn man your right, I did stay up all night and watch it, was happy as larry. But By God im tired. Could sleep a whole 3 days without waking now. 09/10 CHAMPS!!! YEH BRA! _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_
Words cannot describe how I felt afterwards icon_smile

Drogba you little beauty.

Spoiler if you're planning on watching the Europa League Final somewhere....

Heartbreaking result. Fulham were the better side in the second half but a negative play from Murphy gave up possession, and the game IMO. We're better than that. The only excuse I can use is that he was injured... but you could tell Schwarzer was not happy with what he did.
I know a guy that has been a Fulham fan for many many years and flew over from Sydney just for this game. I can't imagine how he is feeling right now.

Gutted.

sorry to hear for you Guppy.

However, a great result, cool to see Atletico win some silverware! A win for La Liga over the bad guys :P

I hate Chelsea so much. I would say I hope Portsmouth win the cup but really I don't give a toss. The FA cup is losing its magic.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.