2009 Lineup

Perry filled an important timegap when we were lacking an option there for us at halfback and helped deliver us a premiership, personally I'm greatful for the effort he put in and can see that it was unrealistic to expect him to be outstanding there, We now have Wallace and Ben Hunt is coming through the ranks so we are better served there then we were when Perry stepped up for us and Perry saw us through that period.

As for Parker personally I'm of the opinion his not the only forward to underperform this season and as such we need to send a message to all that their spot isn't assured without the performance on and off the field to back it up, plenty of competition for spots especially in the backrow so no one can afford to be there just on reputation alone.

I agree re the forwards; Parker, Sims and Clinton all need to be told there spots are not certain and that if they don't show up and have a decent crack they will be playing in the Q Cup.

I saw a piece of Fox Sports News earlier about Izzy Folau.

I really still can't believe we signed him. _woohoo_

Seems like he has a lot of improvement in him! Improvement was almost every 2nd or 3rd word haha

Beale said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/video/0,,League%20news_10545,00.html

That made me happy in a very special area. icon_thumbs_u

Beale said:
Meh shoulda split the 500k between Ennis & Kemp instead.

+1

Izzy is great and all, but I feel that such a huge amount of money could've been better spent.

He is only on 200-300k in his first season, same amount Ennis and Kemp are getting individually at their new clubs.

Personally, i reckon and hope Kemp will be back once his contract at the Warriors expires.

ningnangnong said:
Personally, i reckon and hope Kemp will be back once his contract at the Warriors expires.

Unless another big player i.e. Hunt or Hodges leaves I doubt we'll be getting him back.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
He is only on 200-300k in his first season, same amount Ennis and Kemp are getting individually at their new clubs.
Interesting, I guess they were banking on lockyers retirement, for free cap space/money to give him a big back ended contract.

That is exactly what they are banking on broncospwn. They figure they will have more money later so the bigger sums come in years 3 and 4.

Aha thats the idea... I recon you'd be surprised what falou is actually on for this year I recon its actually fairly modest compared to what the media have made out.

The best thing I like about him is his attitude... I'm not religous so don't think I'm the bible bashing type but his got some good morals and seams pretty level headed for Queenslands most hyped/talked up 19 year old.

Most teenagers put in his shoes would be hitting self destruct al a tim smith / tod carney / sonny bill etc, falou on the other hand seams to really have a good head on his shoulders and I wish him all the best in his bronco's colours!!

Welcome aboard Israel.

I'm in the same boat as others when I can't believe we signed him. I think it might take him a season or two to settle in to the team and reach his full potential, but when he does, look out. I hope I'm proven wrong and he has a blistering debut season in broncos colours. I do miss Denan though. Imagine Folau on one wing and Kemp on the other.... *drool*

Give it 5 games and people will be VERY excited about having the forgotten Steve Michaels back in the backline.

He is going to have an awesome year, he has only shown us glimpses of what he can do, hopefully this is his year.

Im sure most people know if he wasn't injured this year, Darius would not have been on that wing in origin.

I rate Michaels over Darius or Kemp easily if fit. He looked very comfortable at centre last year before he got injured... in some ways it saved him however cause I know he had an option to change clubs open to him for 09 and had he been fit all year and carving them up I know anouther club would of waved the cash and we would of lost him. Funny how things work out.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.