2009 Lineup

I think with Israel Folau and Justin Hodges we will have really strong centres for next year. but i think we could do with stronger wingers aswell. Darius and Deenan were awesome wingers.. Its soo sad we lost them along with Ennis, Eastwood, etc..

does any one know if Kaine Manihera will be playing next year or has he moved on??
eusa_think

Coxy said:
Agreed gUt. And Michaels showed enough at left centre last season to deserve to retain the spot IMO.

kidding yourself.. Why have Folau outside Michaels when Folau is a much better centre??

Folau is a much MUCH better winger than Michaels, and we need someone capable under the high ball.

Coxy said:
Folau is a much MUCH better winger than Michaels, and we need someone capable under the high ball.

Very very true but I can't see Folau on the left at all. IMO Henjak should play Hodges on the left and say to him do it for the team it is about time you did.

Yow Yeh is incredibly capable under the high ball.
Scored some absolutely crazy tries off kicks in the U20's this year.

Yep, so one side is covered. Then we need to cover the other side. Folau is perfect for it.

Am I the only one who thinks we should just name Michaels and Folau in either jersey on that side of the field?

The way I see it, Izzy should play at centre whenever we have the ball and are coming out of our own half. But, naturally, the switch has got to happen when we're in the attacking zone, particularly on the fourth and fifth tackles. His skill under the high ball will undoubtedly get us many, many tries next year. BUT his strength, fend, speed and footwork coming out of our own half could also create many line breaks and big metre-gains, and they would be more frequent and possible if he was in the centres.

FFS, just chuck a 2 and a 3 jersey on either one of them and tell 'em to have fun out there!

Tend to agree Mick, Falou seems to end up switching with his winger when playing for Australia and Qld depending on whether the ball is in hand or going to be in the air.

Yep, have no problem with that Mick. I'd only have a problem if they just leave Stevie on the wing, or Folau in the centres. To be honest, Folau's defence in the centres isn't good enough yet, and nor does he have the acceleration to be effective at centre on set plays etc.

Yeah... shouldn't be too difficult a concept to grasp. It's a tough one though, because both really have their strong points in both centre and wing.

I just hope they can gel and get a good understanding between the two of them. Could easily form a very lethal combination out wide. Hope Michaels hasn't lost any pace!

Well, after a knee recon it's inevitable he'd have lost some pace initially. He should be able to get it back though, or at least most of it. Probably take most of next season though.

Also depends how his rehab went.

Tate hasn't really lost any pace so there's hope for Michaels.

How awesome has Lockyer been this World Cup? I can't wait to see him back for us next year, I am predicting a bonza best ever year from him!!

Apparently you guys have signed up Matt Sing too. He'd be a starter in first grade surely

Nah we haven't, it was just a rumour. Didn't eventuate though.

Probably a good thing. He'd easily be in his mid 30's now, surely?

and still be as crap as he was in his prime. Most overrated cross eyed black winger to play for queensland.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.