2009 Lineup

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Old Mate said:
Coxy said:
Gee, wonder why Wayne never thought of playing Sailor and Tuqiri in the centres to get his money's worth?

Oh, that's right, because their best position is wing!

Just like Folau.
/argument
Somebody missed the sarcasm in my post. [eusa_doh

Sleep deprived, my apologies :oops: Sarcasm detector is one of the first things to go. As is patience :P

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
While yes we've lost a few big names for next year I think a few of you guys are underestimating the value of some of the new recuits coming on board next year,

Lagi Setu managed 26 offloads this year, thats 5 more then the highest rating Bronc for the year. With the evasive skill of our backline waiting to pick up on broken play having someone like Setu who can pull a good offload will be invaluable.

Ben Teo picked up 8 tries this year at lock! Thats the same amount as Thaiday did this year, that would be good for a winger let along a forward!

Aaron Gorrel is still on the record books in 3rd place for "most points in a season" at St George for his effort back in 2006 (130 points).

And Falou, well he really doesn't need me talking him up he's a complete freak and will devestate in the Centres next year especially with the ease that Wallace, Locky, and Hunt work the ball out wide at the drop of a hat.

If anything our player movements this year have a striking resembelance to the off season of 07 when we shed huge amounts of experiance (tate, Berro, petro, carlaw, thorn etc) and picked up a few good up and commings, just look at how that panned out we went from a team that was lucky to make the 8 to a team that I feel was unlucky not to make the Grand Final. I won't say we necesarily would of beat Manly but I sure think we were unlucky to of not got there.

W

Webcke

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
gUt said:
Webcke said:
Subligh I am behind you one hundred percent. God Broncos fans can whinge, we have the next god damn Mal Meniga comming next year along with two islander freaks who haven't hit there potential. BRIGHTEN THE **** UP! Plus we still have the best player of the last ten years....

Interesting that no one is actually whinging, except you about Broncos fans whinging.
Where have you been the last few months! [icon_shru

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
To all you tards putting Folau in the centres...what's the point of playing the biggest bloke with the biggest jump and best ability under the high ball in the centres?

It's no biggie for Folay and whoever is playing on his wing to swap positions on 5th tackle. I understand what you are saying but Folau will be devestating running off Lockyer. Put Folay and Michaels on the same side and they can interchange throughout the match.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah agreed, but I'd rather Folau come in looking for the ball as a change up, rather than shifting out in defence.

K

king_johns

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
There is going to be some big news released in the next couple of days.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
To all you tards putting Folau in the centres...what's the point of playing the biggest bloke with the biggest jump and best ability under the high ball in the centres?

Most people are probably putting Folau in the centers because weare sure he is going to be playing there. even though i would have him on the wing outside Michaels

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Gee, wonder why Wayne never thought of playing Sailor and Tuqiri in the centres to get his money's worth?

Oh, that's right, because their best position is wing!

Just like Folau.
/argument

+10000 (minus the "tards" sentiment)

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
king_johns said:
There is going to be some big news released in the next couple of days.

Come on buddy you obviously know someone who's in the know, drop us a hint, I won't tell a soul...

Hang on let me guess, locky will anounce a 2010 super league deal once the RLWC finishes???

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
Folau could be a forward
By Matt Marshall
November 13, 2008 HE is arguably the world's best back, but superstar Brisbane recruit Israel Folau says he wouldn't be surprised if he ends his career as a damaging, wide-running back-rower.

Only 19 and with his body yet to fully develop, Folau admits he may evolve into a towering forward as his career rolls on.

"I'd like to stay in the centres or wing my whole career but depending on how much weight I put on, you might see me move into the forwards later on," Folau said.

"My body hasn't fully developed so we'll see in the next couple of years what my weight is and see how it goes.

"There's still a couple of years to fill out my body for it to reach its full size."

In a mouth-watering prospect for Brisbane fans, Folau acknowledges he's still very raw in rugby league and has a load of improvement left in his game.

The ex-Storm sensation is set to embark on a four-year deal with the Broncos and will join a star-studded backline under new coach Ivan Henjak next year.

"I'm still only 19," he said. "I think some people have forgotten how old I am. I'm just enjoying my footy at this time.

"I'm going to learn a lot more about my footy over the next couple of years."

After starting Australia's final pool match against PNG off the bench, Folau was Wednesday reinstated to the centres where he will be paired with former Storm teammate Greg Inglis.

Inglis also hit out at critics who had labelled the World Cup a failure because of the host's domination. He said the Kangaroos deserved more respect for what they had achieved so far.

"Everyone does expect us to win all the time, everyone is expecting us to slip up one day and I don't think we will ever let that happen," Inglis said.

Coach Ricky Stuart recalled Inglis, skipper Darren Lockyer, prop Petero Civoniceva, full-back Billy Slater and second-rowers Glenn Stewart and Anthony Laffranchi for Sunday's semi-final against Fiji, while Karmichael Hunt beat Scott Prince to the utility spot.

I honestly think its a matter of time before Folau ends up in the second row, sure it probebly wont be next year but it will happen, he's just to big and powerfull to leave right out wide his whole career.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Yeah agreed, but I'd rather Folau come in looking for the ball as a change up, rather than shifting out in defence.

Yeah true. Either way, I think Michaels/Folau is the best option on one side of the paddock. They can interchange between centre/wing a lot better than Hodges and whoever his partner may be.

Either way, we have a very lethal option with Folau in the backline, either off kicks or off a deft pass.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Je$ter said:
Coxy said:

Yeah true. Either way, I think Michaels/Folau is the best option on one side of the paddock. They can interchange between centre/wing a lot better than Hodges and whoever his partner may be.

Either way, we have a very lethal option with Folau in the backline, either off kicks or off a deft pass.

Agreed, Hodges and Folau on one side is putting all our eggs in one basket, plus Hodgo can be a little no-passy some times. I think wherever he plays Folau is going to be a hit.

I am more excited/nervous about some of our other new signings. I think Te'o and Setu are going to be huge. Gorrell's NRL return will be interesting (PJ Marsh poor bastard).

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah I agree, whats the point putting two 100kilo superstar monsters on one edge and leave the other with a couple of 80kilo rookies (not that michaels is a rookie but you get my point). You want oposition teams just as fearfull on each side of the field close to the line, that way if their defence creaps in just a little on either side... bam a couple quick passes and either falou or hodges will cut them up given half a space! It'll be leathal, the only thing the team needs to make sure of is that they can get within 20 of their line with some forward work, but I'm confident it'll gel.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can see Hodges on the Left and Folau on the right TBH. If Hodges is as good as he thinks he is he will still dominate on the left. We need to get the most out of Folau while we can as he will eventually be in the forwards IMO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agreed gUt. And Michaels showed enough at left centre last season to deserve to retain the spot IMO.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I would be happy for Folau to rotate with Michaels throughout the game like he does for QLD and AUST, utilise his size to create space outside for Michaels and then be wider to jump for bombs. I just hope Michaels recovers fully and hasn't lost speed because his form before his injury over the previous season was excellent.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.