2010 Lineup

I'm hoping we can get as many trys out of him as possible in the future from out on the wing, that may well earn him the contract he has with us. I can't see him being a superstar from the centers at all and I really don't see how people can be naming him in the centers and be fine with it. IMO he is cod ordinary playing there, on the wing is where he can actually be damaging with his ability in the air and his size.

I'm hoping Folau spends the offseason really working on sprint training, agility, and general centre play. He needs it. He's totally lost 2 in from the sideline.

Coxy said:
I'm hoping Folau spends the offseason really working on sprint training, agility, and general centre play. He needs it. He's totally lost 2 in from the sideline.

So you would prefer him to remain in the centers?

Well I find it hard to justify dropping either Winterstein or Yow Yeh. That's all.

Yeah that's fair enough, and neither deserve to be dropped... but I feel Folau is just too much of a weakness at center.

I'd just like to add that I find it funny how I was getting berated left and right by a handful of people before last season started for suggesting Yow Yeh was deserving of a chance to play wing in first grade. [icon_lol1. Ahhh some people are such kunce. God forbid someone has a different opinion.

Folau will learn IMO. His tackling technique is actually pretty good, so all he needs to do is improve his communication and just general reading of play. And that comes through experience I guess.

I think Folau needs to ge given more time at left centre and some qaulity lessons from the Pearl and I reckon he will be sweet in the position. Folau is a unit he will hurt most opposition centres once he learns hwo to defend in the centres.

I hope so alec otherwise it's 300k a season down the drain IMO

Alec said:
Folau will learn IMO. His tackling technique is actually pretty good, so all he needs to do is improve his communication and just general reading of play. And that comes through experience I guess.

Yep only have to look at Steve Renouf's career. He was a terrible liability in his first few seasons in defense but with guidance, training and experience he became an excellent defender in the centres.

The Gymp said:
Alec said:

Yep only have to look at Steve Renouf's career. He was a terrible liability in his first few seasons in defense but with guidance, training and experience he became an excellent defender in the centres.

I agree with this. There is nothing stopping him from learning the centre position, and I agree with Coxy that he needs to develop his skills.

lynx000 said:
The Gymp said:
Alec said:

I agree with this. There is nothing stopping him from learning the centre position, and I agree with Coxy that he needs to develop his skills.

also, i believe Folau trained on the wing in his first full off-season with us. This time i rekon they will train him at center in preparation for the new season

Folau was fine defensively in the centres for the storm (although that was at right centre)

1. Hodges
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. McGuire
15. Te'o
16. Setu
17. Williams

abdogg said:
1. Hodges
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. McGuire
15. Te'o
16. Setu
17. Williams

No Denan Kemp?

If Hodges is going to play fullback(Would rather Kemp) then I would want to see this:
1.Hodges
2.Kemp
3.Winterstein
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
13.Glenn

1. Beale
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. McGuire
15. Te'o
16. Setu
17. Glenn

I was thinking, move Kemp to wing and move Yow Yeh to fullback (at least in pre season) the kid is so quick, confident and seems a real instinct player that I think long term he will be wasted as a winger. I think with time in the position Yow Yeh would make an amazing fullback.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.