2011 Four Nations Discussion

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
He wasn't certain to score

The ref may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. (doesn't have to be the player who had the ball at the time of the offence.)

You are thinking of a 8 point try.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I think had Thurston not hit him, he would have put it down before Lewis got there and knocked it out. I'm fine with the penalty try.

Lawrence no try is disgraceful.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The ref may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. (doesn't have to be the player who had the ball at the time of the offence.)

You are thinking of a 8 point try.

Nah, an 8 point try is only awarded when an infringement occurs after the try was scored.

Rules might be different, but I've always been made to believe from the likes of Sterling and co. that there has to be a lot of confidence the try would have been scored if the infringement hadn't occurred. There was obviously still some serious doubt and should have just been a penalty to England.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Yeh I actually reckon they may have given an 8 point try had he scored a legitimate try.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Well he was denied that opportunity, from the high tackle. And the 'accidental' knee.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Nope

Soward was also the centre of attention as he used his foot to prevent Inglis again from scoring, resulting in an eight-point try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._George_Illawarra_Dragons

Yes, because the refs. haven't incorrectly awarded 8 point tries before.

I recall a similar incident happened when JT kicked Williams in the face in Origin 3 2009 and it later came out it was the wrong ruling.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
You could argue that with any penalty try though Rock, you can never say with absolute certainty that any penalty try would have been scored. To me it's pretty obvious he scores if not for the head contact.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The ref was certain he would have scored.

I thought he was going to score.

Lewis wasn't going to stop him.

JT wasn't going to stop him, he was too busy, tackling him illegally.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
There must have been a great deal in the tackle, as it was awarded a penalty try. :haha:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Look, if anyone wants to say with any certainty that he wouldn't have lost the ball because of Lewis's knee then I've got an invisible suit to sell you. Would he definitely drop it? No. Would he definitely not drop it? No.

It shouldn't have been a penalty try. It should've just been a penalty 2m out where he got hit.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Worst video refereeing since State of Origin 3 2006 and Brett Hodgson's non Knock on. and Tonie Carroll's no try. Dead set they did everything they could to keep England in the game.
I thought the Chris Lawrence no try was the worst call. Followed by the Penalty Try. Followed by the Yowie no try. Diabolical.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The ref was certain he would have scored.

I thought he was going to score.

Lewis wasn't going to stop him.

JT wasn't going to stop him, he was too busy, tackling him illegally.
Because that JT is a bad egg, and was involved in Coffs Harbour, and is always drinking alcohol.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
theres no way it was a penalty try. he went to put the ball down AFTER thurston had fallen off, and dropped it because of Lewis' knee - which as far as im aware is not like the NRL and its still legal to tackle legs first (?), so there was no foul play. it should have been a penalty for a high shot and thats it.

also like others have said, the no try for offside from the kick was ridiculous.

without the poor refereeing, that wouldve easily been a 50+ score from Australia. England wouldve dropped their heads after the second try SHOULDVE been awarded and we wouldve run away with it from there.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Good on Australia you sent Locky out the winner he truly is. LOCKYERS LAST GAME Australia 30 beat England 8

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently Yow Yeh decked Corey Parker on the four nations tour... Saw this on twitter posted by the rugby league week
Mole.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently Yow Yeh decked Corey Parker on the four nations tour... Saw this on twitter posted by the rugby league week
Mole.

Brisbane Broncos, Queensland and Kangaroo team-mates Corey Parker and Jharal Yow Yeh were involved in a stoush on last month's Kangaroo tour of Britain.

Team officials hushed up the incident at the time, but it was the talk of the tour. On a late night out, Parker was making a nuisance of himself, teasing a clearly unamused Yow Yeh. Finally, the winger had had enough, and sat the burly backrower on his backside with what I'm told was an impressive and well-timed punch to the chin.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...during-roos-tour/story-e6freye0-1226213197644

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • BRC088
  • Brocko
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • BroncosMan
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.