2011 Four Nations Discussion

The incident could have damaged the bond between the Test and club team-mates, but Parker ensured that wasn't the case when both had cooled down the next morning. "Corey walked up to Jharal and apologised and said he got exactly what he deserved," an onlooker and member of the touring party told me. "They shook hands and that was the end of it."

Hope that means it's all done and dusted.

So Parker was essentially taking the piss out of Yow Yeh so he decided to punch him in the head?? How does one get this mindset?

Because that JT is a bad egg, and was involved in Coffs Harbour, and is always drinking alcohol.

You do know, they were cleared. IMO: It was a witch hunt.

ONE of the most senior police officers involved in the investigation of the Bulldogs gang rape allegations in Coffs Harbour has publicly supported the footballers and said: "There was no woman raped."

Detective Senior Sergeant Gary McEvoy - who was the investigative manager of Strike Force McGuigon, which found there was insufficient evidence to charge any footballers - said yesterday it was obvious within the first 48 hours of the allegations emerging in February 2004 that no one would be charged.

McEvoy left the NSW police force in February after suffering stress related to his work involved in the Bulldogs inquiry.

"I would go so far as to say that on Sunday the 22nd of February 2004 there was no woman raped in the pool area of the Pacific Bay Resort," McEvoy said in an interview with 2SM Talkin Sport host Graeme Hughes, brother of sacked Bulldogs football manager Gary Hughes, to be aired today.

"That statement there, what I have given you now, is the complete opposite to what my boss, my commander, was telling the media. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is mine."

McEvoy told the Herald yesterday that detectives believed it would be difficult to charge anybody after taking statements and interviewing more than a dozen people in the first crucial days.

"The evidence just wasn't there, it didn't support the rape allegations and as investigators we had very serious concerns; yet despite that, the aggressive police strategy continued week after week," he said. "There were warning bells that we would look silly. Everyone in the investigation saw the signs but the people above us were not listening - or if they were, they were ignoring them."

His view is at odds with that of chief investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Jason Breton, who took over the case from McEvoy when returning from leave

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-239942.html

So Parker was essentially taking the piss out of Yow Yeh so he decided to punch him in the head?? How does one get this mindset?

Maybe Parker overstepped the mark & deserved to be knocked down.

Pretty embarrassing to be knocked rotten, by a winger. :haha:

Last edited:
What is the line??? Punching someone causes more problems.

I can think of plenty of things I could say to both you guys that would get me punched in the head by both of you. But i doubt Parker would have been saying absolutely horrible things. Alcohol would have played a huge part in it too.

I can think of plenty of things I could say to both you guys that would get me punched in the head by both of you. But i doubt Parker would have been saying absolutely horrible things. Alcohol would have played a huge part in it too.

You could say things that would make me want to hit you but I'd like to think I wouldn't hit you. Violence is the answer though.

I'm disappointed with Parker.

I'd expect better from somebody who is apart of our leadership group and was unlucky not to be awarded the leadership of one of the best clubs in Rugby League...

We all make mistakes though and it's good to see both of them put it behind them.

Let's place the blame on Sheens.

What did Parker do wrong? All we know is that he was being a pest or taking the piss out of Yow Yeh. I bet it was a lot of nothing turned into something because Yow Yeh started swinging punches.

In this politically correct world teasing is verbal bullying or taunting.

Yow Yeh could have told Parker to STFU, but Parker kept going.

Parker seemed to think he deserved to be punched in the face.

Well that makes it ok then.

Yow Yeh should have known better but if Parker can understand the way Yow Yeh reacted I can too.

Yow Yeh should have known better but if Parker can understand the way Yow Yeh reacted I can too.

Again, just like the beaten wives who say its their fault and they deserved it

Parker should have been sent home.

How dare he speak to a player like that, a player who has played more tests than himself. :wink:

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.