2014 Halves Pairing

Hi All!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Love this forum and look forward to being able to contribute to some healthy debate across the board :)

Just a little bit of news I have heard:

Ash Taylor has re-injured his shoulder in contact at training and will miss the best part of the season with a second shoulder reconstruction so we won't be seeing him in first grade this year I wouldnt think.... At least he has time and a load of potential on his side. Benji had the same problem and came back much more physically prepared for the NRL after his reconstructions so it may be a blessing in disguise. My early bet is on Kahu at 5/8, McCullough at hooker with Granville coming on in short bursts, although I am sure a number of options will be used in the trials.

Copley also looking massive and fit.... Big year ahead for him I feel.

Although not a half, Mitchell Dodds will also miss the season as well due to complications from his knee surgery. Needs another full reconstruction and is booked for surgery in early January. Bad news for Doddsy as he was just starting to show some real form. His defence is up there with the best in the NRL and was finally starting to find a running game. Off contract at the end of the year so it is very poor timing for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Cowboy colours come 2015 with his link to Greeny.

Broncs will also field a full strength team for the 9s with the hopes of taking it out. $2m is a lot of cash to split between the players, and the guys are all putting their hands up to play!

Smokin' Joe

Hi All!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Love this forum and look forward to being able to contribute to some healthy debate across the board :)

Just a little bit of news I have heard:

Ash Taylor has re-injured his shoulder in contact at training and will miss the best part of the season with a second shoulder reconstruction so we won't be seeing him in first grade this year I wouldnt think.... At least he has time and a load of potential on his side. Benji had the same problem and came back much more physically prepared for the NRL after his reconstructions so it may be a blessing in disguise. My early bet is on Kahu at 5/8, McCullough at hooker with Granville coming on in short bursts, although I am sure a number of options will be used in the trials.

Copley also looking massive and fit.... Big year ahead for him I feel.

Although not a half, Mitchell Dodds will also miss the season as well due to complications from his knee surgery. Needs another full reconstruction and is booked for surgery in early January. Bad news for Doddsy as he was just starting to show some real form. His defence is up there with the best in the NRL and was finally starting to find a running game. Off contract at the end of the year so it is very poor timing for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Cowboy colours come 2015 with his link to Greeny.

Broncs will also field a full strength team for the 9s with the hopes of taking it out. $2m is a lot of cash to split between the players, and the guys are all putting their hands up to play!

Smokin' Joe

Welcome, and thanks for the info! Poor Dodds :(

Good first post Joe, do you have some sort of link to the club? You seem to know a lot of stuff that the average joe (Pardon the pun) wouldn't know.

Bad news in regards to Dodds & Taylor, hopefully they make a quick recovery.

Massive shame for Doddsy. I really thought he came on in leaps and bounds before he got injured. Taylor has plenty of time on his hands but not great to see him injured. We need to get footy into him.

Good first post Joe, do you have some sort of link to the club? You seem to know a lot of stuff that the average joe (Pardon the pun) wouldn't know.

Bad news in regards to Dodds & Taylor, hopefully they make a quick recovery.

Haha I actually quite liked the pun.

No links unfortunately, just word of mouth at this stage. However I am sure there will be some form of media regarding the injuries to come out soon. The Taylor injury only happened yesterday and Doddsy is just an ongoing "out indefinately" type of situation. His complications came due to an infection from the initial surgery, meaning it now has to be done again. Really feel for him.

2014 QAS Junior Emerging Origin Squad (Under 20)

Jai Arrow - Brisbane Broncos
Corey Oates - Brisbane Broncos
Joseph Ofahengaue - Brisbane Broncos
Francis Molo - Brisbane Broncos
Ajuma Adams - Brisbane Broncos
Ashley Taylor - Brisbane Broncos
Jayden Berrell - Brisbane Broncos
Jordan Drew - Brisbane Broncos
Luke Bateman - Canberra Raiders
Patrick Mago - Canberra Raiders
Brenko Lee - Canberra Raiders
Lloyd Perrett - Canterbury Bulldogs
Valentine Holmes - Cronulla Sharks
Christian Hazard - Gold Coast Titans
Christian Welch - Melbourne Storm
Cameron Munster - Melbourne Storm
Jaelen Feeney - Newcastle Knights
Patrick Kaufusi - NQ Cowboys
John Folau - Parramatta Eels
Kierran Moseley - Penrith Panthers
Sam Scarlett - Penrith Panthers
Nene Macdonald - Sydney Roosters
Brendan Elliot - Sydney Roosters

Taylor is fit, he's been named today for Qld Camp in January.

What? More Broncos players than Raiders in the Qld emerging squad? Impossible, everybody knows Broncos buy talent that the Raiders develop... right? :spy:

Good to hear that Taylor is alright. He is pretty raw, but I like his style of play and I hope he'll be able to have a look into the first grade squad at some point.

Smokin' Joe, good first post, even if at least part of the rumoured injured players appears to be wrong (1910 has a reputation to defend when it comes to this type of info).

Regardless, I'm looking forward to your contributions!
:welcome:

Thats great news if Taylor is indeed fit! Fingers crossed for him as I heard otherwise.

[MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] - Will Corey Oates be attending the camp or carrying on pre season with our boys?

Good to see my mate Luke in there.

Wish I had a highlight video of Kilroy at the Broncos but here's one from his time in the BRL, to welcome our newest member to the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Reporters are saying Taylor gone for the season. Someone has things wrong

Another promising youngster hit badly by injuries, bloody hell.

Taylor has only had scans today on his recovering shoulder so the hysteria about out for the year is rubbish. He's fine at the moment.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Pablo
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.