2014 Halves Pairing

Taylor has only had scans today on his recovering shoulder so the hysteria about out for the year is rubbish. He's fine at the moment.
That sounds promising, any idea when the scan results will come back?

Taylor has only had scans today on his recovering shoulder so the hysteria about out for the year is rubbish. He's fine at the moment.

He's fine pending the results of the scans, I assume..

Not even an ACL would mean "out for the year".

Last edited:
1. Barba
2. Hoffman (?) / Copley / Kahu
3. Reed
4. Vidot / Copley
5. Yow Yeh / Copley / Kahu
6. K. Hunt
7. B. Hunt.

(?) - If he stays.

Profit??

I think K. Hunt is kind of like a perfect foil for Ben Hunt. K has a strong running game (well, did), will have a strong kicking game after AFL and was always a good defender. Just needs to put on 10kgs or so of muscle, which will only take a few months. Could mean good things.

Last edited:
Do you think having a Ben barba and Ben hunt halves combo would lead to David stagg or a really strong defender getting a starting spot to protect them? Like tonie Carroll used to. I know Carroll was a much better player but having him as a body guard helped the broncos attacking flair greatly.

Do you think having a Ben barba and Ben hunt halves combo would lead to David stagg or a really strong defender getting a starting spot to protect them? Like tonie Carroll used to. I know Carroll was a much better player but having him as a body guard helped the broncos attacking flair greatly.

Corey Parker could fill that role easily, but it'd mean shifting Gillett or Thaiday closer to the middle.

I think over the next few years Ben Hunt will challenge for Origin selection.

Milford would probably be in front of him for a Queensland jersey and DCE is simply outstanding. Hunt would only come in when worse-case scenario strikes.

Probably but it would be good to have the second best half back from QLD.

Luke Keary looks like he would challenge for that spot too.

Just have a good feeling about Hunt.

With Ben Hunt about to enter his first season as a starting halfback I decided to watch the highlights of Hunt's 7 games as a starter and recount all the tries he was involved in. (I was originally going to do every single try we scored but decided on just doing the one's Hunt was involved in).

Round 20 V Cowboys: Won 18-16

Try 1: Cut out pass to the left to winger Oates, backs up in support and scores a 50 meter try

Try 2: Takes pass as second receiver, passes short to the left to Hodges who throws a cut out pass to the left to Oates who scores in the corner.

Round 21 V Knights: 18-18 draw

Try: Passes a short pass to the left to Parker who steams onto the ball and chargers over Boyd to score

Although involved in just 1 try he directed the team around superbly and was finding gaps in the defence constantly

Round 22 V Dragons: Won 26-24

Try: Passes left to Reed who gets outside Creagh, draws in Nightingale, passes to Gillett who crashers over the line in Dugan's tackle

Round 23 V Eels: Won 22-12

Try 1: Takes an offload by Hannant, passes left to Reed, Reed passes to Oates who goes over to score untouched

Try 2: Spots an overlap and passes a floater to Gillett, Gillet passes to Reed who dives over in the corner

Round 24 V Panthers: Lost 28-12

Try: Passes left to Gillet, Gilet combines with Oates who scores. The Gillett-Oates combo scored the 1st try as well. Little involvement from Hunt in this one

Round 25 V Knights: Lost 26-18

Wasn't involved in the tries. 1 set up and scored by McCullough and the other try was a 50 meter individual effort from Oates

Round 26 V Bulldogs: Won by 16-11

Try 1: Showing great vision he puts a cross-kick he puts a cross-kick in for Oates, Oates catches the ball and plants it down in the tackle of Perrett

Try 2: Puts a grubber kick in on the 4th 13 meters out from the line, the ball is picked up by Reed and Reed goes over to score.

With Ben Hunt about to enter his first season as a starting halfback I decided to watch the highlights of Hunt's 7 games as a starter and recount all the tries he was involved in. (I was originally going to do every single try we scored but decided on just doing the one's Hunt was involved in).

Yeah I know man. I have watched this video soooo many times now haha this off season is killing me! and not knowing who will partner him is torturous. But this video does get you pretty pumped for what he might be able to produce next year :D HUGE step up from wallace. And you can actually see how frustrated Ben Hunt would have been having to play behind Wallace for so long when Wallace botches his offload. No heart whatsoever!

[video=youtube_share;Szn8baeSJCU]http://youtu.be/Szn8baeSJCU[/video]

Last edited:
If Taylor isn't a real option, something tells me we'll have either one of these guys though...I am kind of hoping Cullun from this footage:

[video=youtube_share;imQkAY5MgK0]http://youtu.be/imQkAY5MgK0[/video]

Last edited:
Yeah I know man. I have watched this video soooo many times now haha this off season is killing me! and not knowing who will partner him is torturous. But this video does get you pretty pumped for what he might be able to produce next year :D HUGE step up from wallace. And you can actually see how frustrated Ben Hunt would have been having to play behind Wallace for so long when Wallace botches his offload. No heart whatsoever!

Wallace can NEVER be accused of having no heart !!!

Is he what the Broncos need at half back ... NO
Did he lack heart or commitment to the Broncos ... NO

He is a tough SOB, that always gave 110% to the Broncos ... but he is not a natural half back and probably should have made the move to hooker early in his career.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.