2014 Halves Pairing

I wonder if Ben Hunt would've had the same thoughts as Norman if Broncos signed DCE...

I get the feeling Hunt would have just aimed for another spot in the team, fit in where the team needs him.

im the other way i think he would of left,, with prince he would of known there was only a year or two to wait for the opportunity. with dce he would of known that was it for his halfback dream

im the other way i think he would of left,, with prince he would of known there was only a year or two to wait for the opportunity. with dce he would of known that was it for his halfback dream

So Norman wouldn't have known that?

So Norman wouldn't have known that?

I Think what he is saying is that Norman would have known that Prince would be around for only 1-2 years.

but if we signed DCE, Hunt would have left, knowing that DCE would potentially be around for a decade or more

I Think what he is saying is that Norman would have known that Prince would be around for only 1-2 years.

but if we signed DCE, Hunt would have left, knowing that DCE would potentially be around for a decade or more

Fair enough, I get it now

IMO after watching the nines Nikorima should be 5/8, he has a good running game and pass. I haven't seen him kick but we could leave that up to Barba, McCullough and Hunt.

What does everyone think?

IMO after watching the nines Nikorima should be 5/8, he has a good running game and pass. I haven't seen him kick but we could leave that up to Barba, McCullough and Hunt.

What does everyone think?

I agree, although Strasser defends a lot better but Nikorima seems to have earned his spot.

Niko has outplayed Strasser so far but I'd like to see them both in the third trial where we will have pretty much a full strength team from both sides.

Niko has outplayed Strasser so far but I'd like to see them both in the third trial where we will have pretty much a full strength team from both sides.

Last year we named more than 17 players for that trial hey? Could see them both getting a run if that's the case.

Last year we named more than 17 players for that trial hey? Could see them both getting a run if that's the case.

my memory struggles on this one but I think we swapped between a few halves on the third trail last year so everyone got at least 20-30 minutes.

If Nikorima wants the 5/8 spot, then he needs to learn how to pass more often and cut out the hero plays. If he does that, I wouldn't mind him having a crack. Although, I think Strasser is the better option. Nikorima and Hunt are both creative players, and I think that wouldn't work.

I think after Kahu's injury Griffin would have been leaning towards Barba at 5/8 but after watching the confidence Nikorima is showing he may just be rethinking it.
I really don't think Strasser is in the running.
As for Hunt unless he has a really dominant year I think he is just warming the seat for one of our young halves to be ready

Last edited:
Nikorima has looked by far the best of the options so far, but he seems a ball runner first, ball player second...and with Hunt being a very reactive instead of a scheming or directing half, I'd be worried that we'll look lost in attack quite often.

2014 -

1. Barba
6. Nikorima
7. Hunt

2015 -

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. Hunt / Nikorima (Whoever plays better in 2014)

Sounds good.

Nikorima has looked by far the best of the options so far, but he seems a ball runner first, ball player second...and with Hunt being a very reactive instead of a scheming or directing half, I'd be worried that we'll look lost in attack quite often.
At this stage it would only be until Kahu is back

I wonder why Strasser wasn't given a run in the 9's to show what he has to offer. Considering the fact that he was part of the 9's squad, I wish we actually trialled him alongside Hunt, Barba and McCullough. Given his touch football background, he could've proved what he is capable of and what he can actually offer as our possible five-eighth.

Either way well done to Nikorima for making the most of his opportunity to shine. From all accounts he is incredibly talented. The Broncos considered Kodi Nikorima to be a superior player to Anthony Milford and hence chose to hold on to him. Lets hope he can deliver if chosen as our five-eighth.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.