2014 Halves Pairing

I can see Kennedy starting with the idea that he isn't interchangeable like Hannant & McGuire are. By that I mean, Hannant & McGuire are very similar players, where as Kennedy has a bigger physical presence.

His defence may get him the nod too, McGuire can be extremely suspect.

Taylor will get a clearance tomorrow.

Maybe Taylor round 1? Nuh he's so 3 months ago.
Have you suddenly discovered sarcasm? :tongue:

It's the nature of the beast, especially under the current circumstances at the Broncos, isn't it?

Kodi did a good job in the nines and at least deserved the Warriors trial to put his case forward in the 13 format. I hope the kid kills it!

This is the 2nd time I have changed my mind, I thought Taylor was the right choice until he got injured and I thought Strasser under performed and Nikorima performed.

By the way [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] what's your opinion on the halves information and what's the inside word?

I see a fair few people on facebook already believe that the Broncos halves crisis is solved and that Kodi will be our saviour...some people.

its a big year for rookie halves.. keary (although it sounds like hes out for a long period), cornish, brooks, hampton..

the first three there have far more expectation on them.

anyone who's even half realistic is just hoping someone puts their hand up for our 6 and grabs it with both hands.

if things dont go well for the broncs, ben hunt is going to cop the flak in the mediaetc. there wont be much towards our 6

Last edited:
Ideally, we will have 2 halves performing consistently for us this year, so we have the right type of selection headache when Milford gets here next year

I'm hoping Kodi gets the first crack at the 6 this year at least until Kahu comes back.

He is only 19. He is going to make mistakes but I'm actually excited about the way he played on the weekend. He wasnt affraid to grubber and chase for himself and he threw a great cut out ball to Barba for him to score on the wing.

He is light on his feet and showed good pace.

The only thing he might struggle with is defence althought I didnt see him make any mistakes on the weekend in that area.

If he brings something to our attack i dont care if he defends like scott prince or even chris sandow (impossible to be that bad though)

ROOKIE playmaker Kodi Nikorima has enhanced his claims for a shock NRL premiership call-up after forming a slick scrumbase combination with Ben Hunt at the NRL Nines.Wearing the No.6 jumper, the New Zealand-born teenager starred alongside Hunt in a nine-a-side tournament tailor-made for his footwork and speed off the mark.
The five-eighth spot is Brisbane’s most contentious, with coach Anthony Griffin assessing several candidates for their season-opener against Canterbury after Jordan Kahu injured his knee in a trial against the Cowboys.
Redcliffe rookie Zac Strasser and big-name signing Ben Barba are possible options at No.6, but Nikorima gave Griffin a welcome headache by stepping up in elite company at the Nines in Auckland.
While Barba has the ball-playing talent to handle five-eighth duties, there are concerns defensive frontline requirements could take the edge off his game-breaking brilliance in attack.
At 174cm, Nikorima’s pint-sized frame would face a greater examination in the NRL than it did at the Nines, but Griffin walked away impressed with the 19-year-old’s audition.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Combination? Were they ever even on the field at the same time?

yeah the spent a bit of time on the field together, i think they both started most games

Kahu should return and play a few games in Qcup in the halves first.

This is the 2nd time I have changed my mind, I thought Taylor was the right choice until he got injured and I thought Strasser under performed and Nikorima performed.

taylor isn't even close to ready. he's only had a couple months in under 20's. he's tiny. he might play qcup in a year if lucky. as I'm sure one of kodi or hunt will lockdown a halves spot this season.

My halves for round 1 are Ben Hunt and Kodi Nikorima.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • mystico
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lakers133334
  • Skyblues87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncs1459
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.