2014 Halves Pairing

Is that your last and final answer? ;)

Pretty sure a lot of people thought Nikorima was the one before today, and are now naming Strasser at 5/8 :rolleyes:

I've been on the Strasser bandwagon throughout the pre-season but after watching that trial yesterday I would take a gamble with Nikorima. Strasser looked out of sorts and didn't look up to it while Nikorima on the other hand was willing to take on the line and seems to have speed and strength on his side.

i'd still stick with kodi, as was my choice after seeing the 9s.

hunt really has to control the game. kodi has to want the ball in the attacking zones.

I'm gonna jump on the Macca or Glenn/Gillette to 5/8th bandwagon, at least for the Dogs game...I fear their big blokes would/will steamroll Kodi or Barba in the middle...

If we can stop their go forward, IMO we have a half decent chance at beating them.

Apparently now Hoffman and barba will swap between 5/8th and fullback.

Really think barba should just stay at the back. they insist on these sweeping plays and they are failing because it's easily read and the opposition can pin down the fullback or half, however barba would make them pay for jumping out of the line gives him space only he and a few other players could properly exploit, so then defence line holds back and boom barba has made more space for outside runners.

Barba is the right fullback for that play, Norman was a playmaker who had some vision but didn't have that raw speed and ability, exactly opposite situation when Hoffman was there.

As long as griffin hasn't killed the unique ability of a player like barba then his sweeping plays might come off much better this season

As long as griffin hasn't killed the unique ability of a player like barba then his sweeping plays might come off much better this season

Except that Hoffman will also be involved in these sweeping plays, and he couldn't time a swing in a t ball game.

Griffin is a pathetic little bitch, such a typical, boring failure of a grifflol move this will be.

Hoffman passed so well at fullback before, this is going to be a master stroke. :rolleyes:

Griffin picked Norman at fullback for 17 games because Hoffman was considered below NRL standard for FULLBACK level. Now he is the FIVE-EIGHTH sharing time with another FULLBACK.

He did a pretty good job making Norman and Wallace the scapegoats last year as did Channel 9 Brisbane pumping up Ben Hunt on highlight packages when he was halfback but that's a different story altogether.

Stick with Hunt and Nikorima. Both good players. Hunt has the ability to read the game and Kodi Nokrima is one of the best under 20 players I have seen in the past year or so...

Anyone think that we might see Hodges play five eight upon his return? He shits on Hoffman for ball playing.

Anyone think that we might see Hodges play five eight upon his return? He shits on Hoffman for ball playing.

I don't, no. I think we'll see Kahu back at 5/8 when he's fit. He's trained the whole off season there. Hodges will go back to Right Centre and push Copley out to the Right Wing. Hoffman should be moved back to Left Wing outside Reed with Kahu going into #6.

I think it would be unwise to throw Kahu straight into the 6 (having never played it at senior level) after an injury unless we're staring down the barrel of 0-4, 0-5, etc.

Kahu has shown nothing to suggest he can be an effective player in that position at this level, it would be silly (then again, it would be absolutely indicative of Griffin) to give him the jersey and let him walk straight back into the side.

I'd prefer to see Hodges stay in his preferred position (centre)

I think it would be unwise to throw Kahu straight into the 6 (having never played it at senior level) after an injury unless we're staring down the barrel of 0-4, 0-5, etc.

Kahu has shown nothing to suggest he can be an effective player in that position at this level, it would be silly (then again, it would be absolutely indicative of Griffin) to give him the jersey and let him walk straight back into the side.

Then who gets it? None of our options have shown they can be effective at this level.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
  • Scorchie
  • Ozired
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.