2014 Halves Pairing

I'm sticking to round 13. He was seriously great tonight, but consistency is what makes a great player. If he keeps up form we have one of the best halves in the game. I even thought his kicking was good today. But he needs to maintain form, if he turns to shit for the next few games then that's not good enough. I'm a big fan of him as a clubman, so I want him to star.

I'm sticking to round 13. He was seriously great tonight, but consistency is what makes a great player. If he keeps up form we have one of the best halves in the game. I even thought his kicking was good today. But he needs to maintain form, if he turns to shit for the next few games then that's not good enough. I'm a big fan of him as a clubman, so I want him to star.

Consistency is the key, no doubt. I think tonight is probably indicative of him at or near his best. I wouldn't expect it every week, but I'm hoping it gives him the confidence that he may sorely lacked the last two weeks. If that was a 10/10, then I'd be ok with an 8/10 week in, week out.

When his first kick went dead I was hoping he wouldn't go into his shell for the rest of the game, which seemed to be the case in the last two weeks.

Hunt and Hoffman are improving in leaps and bounds, I think we just need to be patient and the combination will flourish.

Very good performance tonight, I'd say his best in first grade.

I just hope he takes a lot out of this game. In a lot of ways, he was very fortunate tonight in that a couple of his kicks resulted in unforced errors and a few other moments resulted in a restart to the tackle count. He can't rely on that happening each week and we can't expect him to deliver that type of performance.

Still a couple of things he needs to work on, mainly his attention to detail. If he can work on that, you never know, he maybe the halfback we need.

I agree with cult that his performance was assited by the support of his fellow players. It seemed like the forwards helped a lot with the ball-playing and Macca kicked more out of dummy half. Naturally, that should benefit his game.

Hunt was a different player tonight, much better, more involved, more controlled too. He has always shown vision, but he executed much better tonight.

Hoffman was average at best IMO. Not that he's not doing the job he has been given, but I lost count how many times I yelled "pass the fucking ball" until he actually did. Guess what... 2 fucking tries!

Hoffman was average at best IMO. Not that he's not doing the job he has been given, but I lost count how many times I yelled "pass the fucking ball" until he actually did. Guess what... 2 fucking tries!

Even as a big Hoffman fan, I have to admit his lack of passing was getting pretty damn annoying. That pass for Reed was an absolute belter though.

Look, I know he's not a half - we all know that - but with a bit of coaching and some willingness to learn, I still think he could be a damaging ball runner from five-eighth.

A few times last night he received the ball with nothing on, from a standing start, and still managed to beat a few defenders with good footwork and brute strength. If he can learn to run the right lines and time his runs better, I can see him making a few breaks. He also has to start passing more too, as that'll put the defence in two minds about whether he'll run it or pass it on.

His long-kicking technique could do with some work too - it just doesn't look right. He only made one long kick last night from memory, and when he kicks it, it looks like he's not getting the full amount of power he can from his kicking leg - if that makes sense to people. Plus, he's kicking it end over end and putting a lot of backspin on it, which means it's always going to float slowly downfield and sit up for the fullback/winger if he can manage to find the grass. I don't know, but to me, his technique just looks really awkward when punting it long - seems really focused on making sure when he drops the ball to kick, it goes where it's meant to, so he takes that little bit longer. The bomb he put up was boss though.

Didn't the Clydesdale's do a deal with the Titan's recently?

Excellent to hear Taylor is playing again, plz let him or anyone else dominate so we can say goodbye to the Hoffman experiment.

Yes they did, it wouldn't void any contracts players already had with us though

would it be worth looking at benji as he looks like he wants back in nrl

I don't get why you would say no to at least offering him a contract for the rest of this year. Tell him to not do any fancy shit or be dropped. His only job needs to be run abd take pressure of hunts kicking.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.