2014 Halves Pairing

Both Taylor and pauia were upgraded to top squad deals last year and for 3 years each as well. As far as the future goes for the halves, jayden has leap frogged all of them. The tricky thing now will be to see where he fits within the top grade as the spine for next year will be barba, milford, hunt and mcullough. Also be interesting to see what happens to the likes of kahu, hoffman, Taylor, pauia as they will be well behind in the pecking order.

Maybe the attitude comes from reading such an array of bullshit, and since he's in the know, it probably gets to him more. Either way, I generally enjoy his informative posts.

Back to topic:
Maybe someone knows the plans for Taylor this year? I've heard he is on a rather large rookie salary (comparatively to other rookies), therefore, would it be fair to suggest that he is to be blooded this year or lost next year with Milford looming? I understand he is getting match fitness after injury and is only 19, but it's hardly breaking precedents to blood talented 19 year old halves these days? Anybody aware of his intended trajectory through ISC and into NRL?

As far as i'm aware Taylor is still injured and not due back until mid season.

Both Taylor and pauia were upgraded to top squad deals last year and for 3 years each as well. As far as the future goes for the halves, jayden has leap frogged all of them. The tricky thing now will be to see where he fits within the top grade as the spine for next year will be barba, milford, hunt and mcullough. Also be interesting to see what happens to the likes of kahu, hoffman, Taylor, pauia as they will be well behind in the pecking order.

Out of interest, how can you tell he has leap frogged them when he is only 17? Duncan is playing ISC so how can you compare the two? I'm confused cause all I mainly hear about both nikorimas is they can't create for others just always go themselves

All we have are ball running 5/8's with a view of more on the horizon. That's what sets Taylor apart from what I know, he's actually a creative organiser. Ben Hunt is definitely a natural 5/8 doing a sterling job at 7, so far. We need to allow him to play his natural game. Far too many fullbacks and 5/8ths for my liking (or delusional wingers).

Remember at the start of the year when we apparently had zero 5/8ths?

On the subject of Ashley Taylor....

Does anyone have links to footage of him actually playing rugby league?

I don't know where you can get footage of him, but Taylor is a seriously good kid and a really good player and I have always wrapped him but I just don't know where he will fit within the club, size will be his biggest issue as he is a very slight frame also. I'm not saying he wont get a shot at the big time however it will be difficult for him to crack it at the club. The club sees jayden as the best of the lot coming through and the one that will put most pressure on the likes of barba, milford, hunt, mcullough etc. The fact that he is only 17 and is dominating the nyc shows how good this kid is, remembering that he is playing kids that are already 20 years of age, so it is a fair effort for what he is doing. It may look like he is playing for himself, however that is just u/20's footy in general, milford was the same in nyc and we have all witnessed how he has come on in the top grade ( not to sound like a prick, but jayden's ability and skill level may be well advanced of some of his team mates so that's why he ends up doing it himself)
In regards to leap frogging well only time will tell I guess, but jayden is carving up opposition teams on a weekly basis like no other 17 year old's have done since the inception of the nyc. We also have to remember that he has already played a top squad trial at the beginning of the year and scored a try as well. Exciting times ahead for the club with j nikorima carving up the big boys in the not to distant future.

Also i have wrapped this kid a lot as well in the past but brimson has loads of talent a well and is a good size so he is another one in the mix.

I don't know where you can get footage of him, but Taylor is a seriously good kid and a really good player and I have always wrapped him but I just don't know where he will fit within the club, size will be his biggest issue as he is a very slight frame also. I'm not saying he wont get a shot at the big time however it will be difficult for him to crack it at the club. The club sees jayden as the best of the lot coming through and the one that will put most pressure on the likes of barba, milford, hunt, mcullough etc. The fact that he is only 17 and is dominating the nyc shows how good this kid is, remembering that he is playing kids that are already 20 years of age, so it is a fair effort for what he is doing. It may look like he is playing for himself, however that is just u/20's footy in general, milford was the same in nyc and we have all witnessed how he has come on in the top grade ( not to sound like a prick, but jayden's ability and skill level may be well advanced of some of his team mates so that's why he ends up doing it himself)
In regards to leap frogging well only time will tell I guess, but jayden is carving up opposition teams on a weekly basis like no other 17 year old's have done since the inception of the nyc. We also have to remember that he has already played a top squad trial at the beginning of the year and scored a try as well. Exciting times ahead for the club with j nikorima carving up the big boys in the not to distant future.

then lets hope that the club can come to terms with him and get a deal done for him to stay here for the next few years

yep totally agree on that front. Also Im not sure if he has declared himself a qlder or kiwi? I think Kodi declared himself a kiwi but I don't know about jayden, Does anyone on here have any info on that at all?

milford was the same in nyc and we have all witnessed how he has come on in the top grade

He still plays for himself, but with Milford, his running game is so far ahead of his ball playing, that it's possibly even for the best (it's also why I see him as a fullback in attack)

He still plays for himself, but with Milford, his running game is so far ahead of his ball playing, that it's possibly even for the best (it's also why I see him as a fullback in attack)

yep fair point, so whats your thoughts on where barba and milford will play next year???

This circus with our number 6 has to fucking stop. Promote a junior with a good kicking game NOW.

Souffs blooded Johnston tonight and the kid had a cracker.

This circus with our number 6 has to fucking stop. Promote a junior with a good kicking game NOW.

Souffs blooded Johnston tonight and the kid had a cracker.

I still maintain promoting a winger is a hell of alot different to promoting a 5/8.

I still maintain promoting a winger is a hell of alot different to promoting a 5/8.

Absolutely. Barba needs to go to 5/8. Hoffman back to Fullback. Hodges back to Centre. Hodges plays as a 3rd play maker in attacking position. Barba should be running off Hodges out wide. When we spread the ball last night to the left, Barba easily got on the outside of his man, but Jack Reed was so fucking slow he couldn't keep up. He got put into a yawning gap and got run down by his own shadow.

Barba has to run the ball more. It's so clear he's being told to just look to pass it right now. It's completely fucking stupid to nullify one of the greatest runners in the game.

Next year, Barba will already have some 5/8 experience and a decent partnership with Hunt. Put Milford at Fullback and Hoffman can go to either the Left Wing (outside Copley), Left Centre (with Vidot outside him), QCup, or find a deal with another club.

Barba played 6 last night.
Kahu played the whole game yesterday for Wynnum.

Do you know how Kahu went?

He got through, I'd take that as the only positive game wise, played the whole game but he didn't need to do much Norths were terrible and Wynnum smashed them.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.