2017 Line-up

Dunno why it's ludicrous.. he's said it, other players have said it, and the assistant coach has said it.

You are getting your info from an Alex Glenn interview conducted about a month back. I'm not saying that he won't be playing in the centres at some stage because that's the role of a true utility. But he certainly won't be starting games in that position. The backline is far too talented for him to command a regular spot.

I can see where you're coming from in regards to Kodi @Accept, but don't those points also apply to Benji?

I can see where you're coming from in regards to Kodi @Accept, but don't those points also apply to Benji?

They don't because he is a former superstar of the game, last year was terrible, I admit, hence his low level contract but that doesn't mean that 2017 will be the same. He will do well in the utility role just from his experience alone and may add an extra dimension to this squad. As far as Niko goes, I don't see him forging out a long NRL career.

I think having niko a full year in ISC as a half will do him great.

This is actually a very good point. If rumours of Hunt being on the outer are true (who even knows what's happening these days) Maybe using Benji as Utilitity for a lot of the season and letting Kodi play halves in ISC could be good, and he might be worth using as a half in 2018. There is definitely a lot of uncertainty for a lot of clubs at the moment with most clubs having more than half their team off contract at years end. I understand it is a business but I wish there were more salary cap exemptions for players who have been at a club for like 5, 10, 15 years (including under 20s etc). I'm a bit young to remember but I always hear my dad and his friends talk about how in the old days there seemed to be more passion in the jersey as a lot of players would play for same club their whole life. I think if they did an exemption type thing it would promote development further, and also make fans happier. I know I hate seeing a favourite player leave. Who knows, if proper exemptions were in place, perhaps players like Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau would never have left.

Not sure if Kodi would be too keen on it though, he has mid season transfer written all over him if, as expected, spends a lot of time in the ISC.

Not sure if Kodi would be too keen on it though, he has mid season transfer written all over him if, as expected, spends a lot of time in the ISC.
If he is told that getting 80 minutes in the halves for a while will mean he is likely to be starting half the following year he would stay. I don't see him being a starting half anywhere else anytime soon, especially if he doesn't play a few ISC games in the halves first. I'm really hoping Benji isn't in the centres, purely because I think then our backline would be too small. Mead, Roberts, Benji and Kahu would probably be the smallest 2-5 combo in the comp. Would much rather Kahu be in the centres with Oates or Pearson on the wing, purely for some size.

Benji is the same size as Kahu and Kahu wouldn't be taking the left wing spot.

Benji is the same size as Kahu and Kahu wouldn't be taking the left wing spot.
Wait, so if you don't think Kahu would take left wing spot, where do you think he will be? Don't think Mead will make the team? The only way Benji will be in the centres is if Oates moves to second row. Which would mean a spare wing spot, which Kahu would take. Thus for size matters, it would be Benji taking Oates spot in the backline (obviously Benji would be centre not wing, I just mean the change in those 4 positions would be Oates out, Benji in).

Wait, so if you don't think Kahu would take left wing spot, where do you think he will be? Don't think Mead will make the team?

No, I don't think Mead will be in the side come Round 1.

And if Kahu is not on the left wing, he will be on the right.

I can't see Oates making the transition to the backrow yet. We still have quite a few options that can play there. We have cover there..

Oates has been one of the best wingers in the comp since he became a regular on the left wing. He won't be moving yet.

No, I don't think Mead will be in the side come Round 1.

And if Kahu is not on the left wing, he will be on the right.

I can't see Oates making the transition to the backrow yet. We still have quite a few options that can play there. We have cover there..

Oates has been one of the best wingers in the comp since he became a regular on the left wing. He won't be moving yet.
I think Mead has far more chance of being in the side round 1 than Benji does. Kahu needs to be in the centres, he is wasted on the wing. He has a very good passing game and would be perfect inside Oates. Mead is also a perfect partner for Roberts as he has the pace to keep up with him. Benji will be on the bench or in reserve grade unless Oates moves to the second row. I have no doubt at all.

I think Mead has far more chance of being in the side round 1 than Benji does. Kahu needs to be in the centres, he is wasted on the wing. He has a very good passing game and would be perfect inside Oates. Mead is also a perfect partner for Roberts as he has the pace to keep up with him. Benji will be on the bench or in reserve grade unless Oates moves to the second row. I have no doubt at all.
I agree, I think Mead will be in there too.
If he is told that getting 80 minutes in the halves for a while will mean he is likely to be starting half the following year he would stay. I don't see him being a starting half anywhere else anytime soon, especially if he doesn't play a few ISC games in the halves first. I'm really hoping Benji isn't in the centres, purely because I think then our backline would be too small. Mead, Roberts, Benji and Kahu would probably be the smallest 2-5 combo in the comp. Would much rather Kahu be in the centres with Oates or Pearson on the wing, purely for some size.

I still think Kahu shouldn't play center he is too injury prone in that position. That's why I think Opacic played in the centres not him this year, Bennett knew he couldn't risk him getting hurt.

I still think Kahu shouldn't play center he is too injury prone in that position. That's why I think Opacic played in the centres not him this year, Bennett knew he couldn't risk him getting hurt.
Opacic played in the centres because it was too late in the season to change combinations on both sides of the field, plus Opacic was a more reliable option than young Pearson was. I feel like there is some chance oates will move to the second row, purely due to his inability to catch bombs / bend over for grubbers. If Mead and Kahu are our wingers, them, along with Boyd, we would have arguably the safest back 3 in the comp in terms of bomb and grubber defusal.

Mead will 100% be in the team Round 1 on the wing, I've never been more sure of anything in my life, he'll be one of the first players picked.

Mead will 100% be in the team Round 1 on the wing, I've never been more sure of anything in my life, he'll be one of the first players picked.
I agree. Only player in the backs i'm unsure of is Oates.

Most Likely Some Chance Long Shot
1. Boyd Boyd Boyd
2. Oates Kahu Pearson/Moga
3. Kahu Marshall Kahu
4. Roberts Roberts Roberts
5. Mead Mead Mead

On the wing Oates has always been solid under the high ball and surprising good with grubbers but he had one bad game this year and his technique fell away. If he works on it over the summer which they seem to be focusing on then problem might be solved

However if he is destined to move into the forwards perhaps he is the tackle busting forward we have all been hoping for. His runs which lead to tries in
2014 against the knights and
2015 against panthers to win the game make the move an exciting prospect

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Dazza 92
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • mrslong
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • The Strapper
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.