2017 Line-up

His cafè closed a while ago now but he has a lot going for him, most definitely. The high demands of this game is definitely taking its toll on his body and knowing his future is all sweet will be tempting for him if he is contemplating that decision.
Thaiday has been overweight most of his career

Oh no did it really? Is that the cafe that him and Macca owened together? Do you know why it closed down by any chance? I really enjoy seeing the players have other interests outside of footy such as this!
Yeah that's the one! No idea unfortunately, I was thinking about checking it out last year and it says permanently closed on Google and I couldn't find anything on Facebook. Running a cafe can be quite demanding and difficult to get what you want from it while using your space effectively.It appeared as if both of them had a relatively hands on role considering their main profession, perhaps it just became too hard to keep it going. Sam is a busy man with a family and I can't see much money coming through between them.

Yeah couldn't agree more, based on Sam and maccas Instagram they were both always posting videos and pics from the cafe and advertising for it so let's just hope it got a bit much for them rather then it not succeeding.

i went and watched redcliffe tonight.

lodge is still a bit rusty, but he is a class above cup level. once the can be registered he will be straight in. beast of a man when he carries the ball

lodge is still a bit rusty, but he is a class above cup level. once the can be registered he will be straight in. beast of a man when he carries the ball

Starting or off the bench?

Still in the class of "piece of shit" for mine.

he deserves a second chance!! people can change

I'm sure there's a lot of people who are willing to give troubled players second chances, but his situation is extremely different to the norm, and for that reason giving him a second chance does not sit too well with the vast majority of the rugby league community.

I'd much rather we develop Ofa, Ese'ese, TPJ etc

he deserves a second chance!! people can change

Hasn't he already had a second chance? Wasn't he charged with domestic violence offences, and that offensive word on his strapping in the u20s SoO game.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who are willing to give troubled players second chances, but his situation is extremely different to the norm, and for that reason giving him a second chance does not sit too well with the vast majority of the rugby league community.

I'd much rather we develop Ofa, Ese'ese, TPJ etc

there are far worst people in the game than this lad!!!

Hasn't he already had a second chance? Wasn't he charged with domestic violence offences, and that offensive word on his strapping in the u20s SoO game.

every day people and their conversations say far more and worst than what was on his strapping.

i guess the sad thing is that certain people/community would rather see the demise of people who have made mistakes instead of getting back on track.

i dont know lodge but i heard him chatting before the game, seems like a reasonable sort of lad and is still in his early 20's

every day people and their conversations say far more and worst than what was on his strapping.

i guess the sad thing is that certain people/community would rather see the demise of people who have made mistakes instead of getting back on track.

i dont know lodge but i heard him chatting before the game, seems like a reasonable sort of lad and is still in his early 20's

I've never cared about the strapping incident.

For me, I personally feel like he has not done his time, so to speak. He committed the crime over in the US, and has come back to within months of a potential NRL contract and back to the glamour life.
I genuinely feel that because of his status as a professional sportsman, he has been allowed more than the normal man.
Sure, he might be a great guy and remorseful, but what happened has happened, and I guarantee you the victims won't of forgotten what went down that night.

However I respect your eye for talent and your inside info, so I'll take your word for his skill level.

I've never cared about the strapping incident.

For me, I personally feel like he has not done his time, so to speak. He committed the crime over in the US, and has come back to within months of a potential NRL contract and back to the glamour life.
I genuinely feel that because of his status as a professional sportsman, he has been allowed more than the normal man.
Sure, he might be a great guy and remorseful, but what happened has happened, and I guarantee you the victims won't of forgotten what went down that night.

However I respect your eye for talent and your inside info, so I'll take your word for his skill level.
This is most likely my Bennett bias but I believe he only has the future of the individual in mind when he made this decision. Sure, Lodge is guilty of a very heinous crime, but he didn't murder anyone. Bennett believes that he can be rehabilitated and he's giving this kid (which is exactly what he is) a chance to make amends and create a future for himself. More than could be expected if he was discarded from the NRL forever.

This isn't Ricky Stuart signing someone just because it betters his team, it's signing someone to better the individual, his family and his reputation. He's surely on a last warning contract and now it's up to him to prove himself worthy.

I for one look forward to him debuting in a Broncos jersey and emerging from this ordeal as a reformed and better man. His actions on the field will never repair the damage he caused to the individuals but he's entitled to the chance to at least try.

This is most likely my Bennett bias but I believe he only has the future of the individual in mind when he made this decision. Sure, Lodge is guilty of a very heinous crime, but he didn't murder anyone. Bennett believes that he can be rehabilitated and he's giving this kid (which is exactly what he is) a chance to make amends and create a future for himself. More than could be expected if he was discarded from the NRL forever.

This isn't Ricky Stuart signing someone just because it betters his team, it's signing someone to better the individual, his family and his reputation. He's surely on a last warning contract and now it's up to him to prove himself worthy.

I for one look forward to him debuting in a Broncos jersey and emerging from this ordeal as a reformed and better man. His actions on the field will never repair the damage he caused to the individuals but he's entitled to the chance to at least try.

Well said

I agree . Has done some real stupid shit but there are others who have done worse, and not being judged like him .
Really, like whom?

I can only think of Metcalf as someone worse, and he certainly was criticised big time.

I'm happy for Lodge to rehabilitate in a normal job, not in the fucking privileged elite.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • kman
  • Old Mate
  • PETERN
  • Battler
  • Bronx48
  • Culhwch
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • big k
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.