2017 Line-up

Greg bird for has done worse ! And there have been alot of players charged with domestic violence. Hell even the alleged rapes that have been swept under the rug . You seriously think he that glassing your wife isn't as bad ?

Really, like whom?

I can only think of Metcalf as someone worse, and he certainly was criticised big time.

I'm happy for Lodge to rehabilitate in a normal job, not in the fucking privileged elite.
He's probably earning less than a lot of people in a 'normal job'

Greg bird for has done worse ! And there have been alot of players charged with domestic violence. Hell even the alleged rapes that have been swept under the rug . You seriously think he that glassing your wife isn't as bad ?

I'm the last person to defend the scum that is Greg Bird ... but what he did isn't as bad as what Lodge did.

I'm all for giving Lodge a second chance, I'm not even against us signing him ... but if we do sign him it should be for 2018 at the earliest. he needs to sit out the entire 2017 season, working a real job, so that he realises, not only what a privilege it is it be able to play NRL footy as a career but the responsibility that it also entails

I'm the last person to defend the scum that is Greg Bird ... but what he did isn't as bad as what Lodge did.

I'm all for giving Lodge a second chance, I'm not even against us signing him ... but if we do sign him it should be for 2018 at the earliest. he needs to sit out the entire 2017 season, working a real job, so that he realises, not only what a privilege it is it be able to play NRL footy as a career but the responsibility that it also entails
Have you seen our forward pack? I could care less about his private life and what his past transgressions are. I read a report on here last night stating that he is far too good for ISC. A bit of starch and venom amongst a pack of creampuffs is what is needed. I don't disagree with what you said but the footy fan in me says that I would like to see this dude in the mix.

You honestly think glassing your wife is better than what he did ?

You honestly think glassing your wife is better than what he did ?

absoultely ... but let me be clear, what Bird did was a low, disgusting, disgraceful, scum act ...

but Lodge also assaulted someone and terrorized two women so they feared for their lives. then when they ran into an apartment for help, he forced his way in and threatened them and the good Samaritan in front of his wife and 9 year old son.

he was facing up to 25 years in prison for his acts.

absoultely ... but let me be clear, what Bird did was a low, disgusting, disgraceful, scum act ...

but Lodge also assaulted someone and terrorized two women so they feared for their lives. then when they ran into an apartment for help, he forced his way in and threatened them and the good Samaritan in front of his wife and 9 year old son.

he was facing up to 25 years in prison for his acts.

Bird glassed his wife !!!!

What Bird did was a disgrace, but Lodge went full psycho in a foreign country.

The squad is settled for Round 1, I think:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Thaiday/Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow/TPJ

14. Nikorima
15. Arrow/TPJ
16. Joe O/Fai
17. Glenn/Thaiday

Our troubles with our pack are becoming a real pain in the ass. WE NEED GO FORWARD. It's all well and good to shit on Milf and Hunt when they aren't doing anything but WHERE is their platform? We basically need Thaiday to play like he plays against Melbourne every round in order to band aid the deficiencies. It's not a good setup, and losing our race for Napa may prove to be a bigger deal going forward than we're giving it credit for now.

A lot of people think he is over the hill, but I'd be taking a serious look at Matt Scott if I were Bennett. He has to be good for at least 1 or 2 more seasons and that gives us ample time to prepare our young props.

Last edited:

maybe you should re-read what Lodge did: and these are just the highlights:

• Lodge allegedly began asking the women to return to Australia with him and then threatened them by saying, "This is the night you die"
  • The women allegedly ran to their friend Guillaume Roemaet's apartment and when a shirtless, tattooed Roemaet came out to see if he could help, Lodge allegedly said: "You don't scare me. I have tattoos too. I'm going to kill you".
  • Mr Roemaet allegedly pushed the women back into his apartment and locked the door and Lodge forced himself into Mr Cartright's apartment, where his wife Ruth Fowler and nine-year-old son were.
  • Mr Cartright allegedly attempted to cajole Lodge outside their front door and once outside, Ms Fowler closed the door.
    Lodge allegedly became "enraged" and "grabbed Mr Cartright, put him in a headlock and repeatedly punched Mr Cartright in the head, landing multiple blows to his left ear and skull".
  • Lodge allegedly ran back into the apartment and shoved furniture behind the door to prevent Mr Cartright from getting in.
  • Ms Fowler grabbed her son and locked themselves in a bathroom, placed her back against the door and used the sink as leverage.
    Lodge allegedly was in the kitchen smashing plates and glasses and then attempted to punch his way into the bathroom and "wood splintered around her head and into the bathroom".
  • When eight NYPD officers arrived Lodge allegedly threw a two-litre bottle of wine at them.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...leads-guilty-in-us-court-20151223-glu81g.html

Instead of player finalise for 1 round against sharks. There are more confusion who gone play or start even on the bench after today's game in England.

maybe you should re-read what Lodge did: and these are just the highlights:

• Lodge allegedly began asking the women to return to Australia with him and then threatened them by saying, "This is the night you die"
  • The women allegedly ran to their friend Guillaume Roemaet's apartment and when a shirtless, tattooed Roemaet came out to see if he could help, Lodge allegedly said: "You don't scare me. I have tattoos too. I'm going to kill you".
  • Mr Roemaet allegedly pushed the women back into his apartment and locked the door and Lodge forced himself into Mr Cartright's apartment, where his wife Ruth Fowler and nine-year-old son were.
  • Mr Cartright allegedly attempted to cajole Lodge outside their front door and once outside, Ms Fowler closed the door.
    Lodge allegedly became "enraged" and "grabbed Mr Cartright, put him in a headlock and repeatedly punched Mr Cartright in the head, landing multiple blows to his left ear and skull".
  • Lodge allegedly ran back into the apartment and shoved furniture behind the door to prevent Mr Cartright from getting in.
  • Ms Fowler grabbed her son and locked themselves in a bathroom, placed her back against the door and used the sink as leverage.
    Lodge allegedly was in the kitchen smashing plates and glasses and then attempted to punch his way into the bathroom and "wood splintered around her head and into the bathroom".
  • When eight NYPD officers arrived Lodge allegedly threw a two-litre bottle of wine at them.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...leads-guilty-in-us-court-20151223-glu81g.html
I keep seeing allegedly!! Look im not saying what may have happened was ok , but to glass someone you suppose to love . Maybe i just have different veiws on how you should treat your loved ones.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.