2019 Broncos Line-up

Curious to see how Seibold juggles forwards in the middle. Ofahengaue is going to have to shoulder a lot of the work. TPJ seems the obvious choice at lock. Perhaps we'll see Glenn spend some time in the middle with Gillett, Su'a and Fifita on the fringes?

Also curious to see the bench. Seibold played with 16 a lot towards the end of last season and had an unused back. Another forward / Staggs / Turpin would (obviously) offer more. There's enough versatility in the 17 to cover an injury.

Further also, hope he isn't afraid to rest some of the younger forwards here and there through the season. Long year, need peeps peaking at hopeful finals.

If Nikorima isn't the utility off the bench I would rotate Glenn and Staggs in that #14 during the season. I see no real point of playing Turpin as I don't see him having a long term contract. I wouldn't mind Tanah Boyd getting a go off the bench too. There's Sean O'Sullivan also

I'd like to see what O'sullivan has to offer. Maybe start hi with Kinik on the bench as insurance and a handy swap to rest Macca.

I'd like to see what O'sullivan has to offer. Maybe start hi with Kinik on the bench as insurance and a handy swap to rest Macca.

I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening at some stage next year.

I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening at some stage next year.

1.Niko
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.Boyd
5.Issako
6.Milford
7.Bird
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Fifita
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Sua
15.Haas
16.Staggs
17.Mago

1.Niko
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.Boyd
5.Issako
6.Milford
7.Bird
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Fifita
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Sua
15.Haas
16.Staggs
17.Mago

I can't see Nikorima playing fullback ahead of the other backline players we have.

I would have faith in this line up even though there are a few "risks"

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Payne Haas

It's hard to leave out Staggs

Last edited:
I would have faith in this line up even though there are a few "risks"

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Payne Haas

It's hard to leave out Staggs

I've asked you before, but what have you seen in Carrigans game that makes you think he is a better option at lock than Offa for example. He barely ever plays lock.

I've asked you before, but what have you seen in Carrigans game that makes you think he is a better option at lock than Offa for example. He barely ever plays lock.

Lock, prop there is a very little difference.

They both play in the middle third. He would just be taking hit-ups later in the set at lock. And if what I've heard about his offloading is true, then perhaps that's not a bad option.

2018 SEASON
APPEARANCES - 21

SCORING
TRIES - 3

ATTACK
TACKLE BREAKS - 59
AVERAGE HIT UPS - 12.2
POST CONTACT METRES - 1112.2

PASSING
OFFLOADS - 27

DEFENCE
TACKLES MADE - 630
TACKLE EFFICIENCY = 89.2%

RUNNING METRES
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES - 143.1
TOTAL RUNNING METRES - 3005

I went to the same school as him.. He could be a future captain of the Broncos..
From NRL.com...

A front-rower whose private school looks belie a quiet toughness required to succeed in rugby league's middle third, Carrigan has all the hallmarks of a young man who was captain of his school and vice-captain of his school's GPS Rugby team yet harbours dreams of emulating childhood heroes Shane Webcke and Petero Civoniceva by playing in the NRL for his beloved Broncos.
As he made his way through his later years of high school Carrigan juggled his schoolwork, First XV rugby commitments, junior league rep commitments with Easts Tigers and rowing with Terrace's first eight and his schedule has hardly slowed down since.
During the week he starts his day at 4am with work as a labourer at the Rocklea Markets, does a day of university at University of Queensland where he is in his second year studying physiotherapy before heading to Red Hill for training with the Broncos 20s.
All in pursuit of a place in the Broncos' NRL team.
"I always grew up loving the Broncs, which is because of my old man, he's a pretty mad Broncos supporter," Carrigan told NRL.com.

Last edited:
Post contact metres

Carrigan - 1112.2

Upload 2018 12 21 18 12 24

Last edited:
Big difference between Qcup and NRL though mate hard to compare numbers.

Big difference between Qcup and NRL though mate hard to compare numbers.

I am aware of that. Just posted those stats to give perspective of potential.

Last edited:
Lock, prop there is a very little difference.

They both play in the middle third. He would just be taking hit-ups later in the set at lock. And if what I've heard about his offloading is true, then perhaps that's not a bad option.

All the things upthebroncs posted doesnt really tell me what he has seen in him, they are just a bunch of stats from when he played prop, not lock, so its probably proving the point that he is an excellent prop in the making. Not sure if he is saying he went to the same school as him either, but thats doesnt mean a lot even if he did unless he is mates with him i guess.

Even if we take those stats and the article he posted ( and i dont really see what they prove anyway in terms of what he sees in him, that seems to be what he has googled about him ) it states there he wants to emulate two of our greatest props ever. I've see a hell of a lot of him, been saying he will be our captain for ages, been on the Carrigan bandwagon before it was even a big thing on this forum and i just dont see him long term in any other role than as a prop. I dont doubt he can play the role at lock, i just think we will get the best out of him at prop. He is a great offloader, but probably no better or worse than Jai Arrow for example at the same age. I think he will be a better player than Jai tbh.

Last edited:

I'm fairly sure that isnt correct. He did play a fair bit of 2nd row last year though now i think about it. Maybe 1910 can give his input, he probably watched him more than i did.

His effort in 2018 was fantastic for a young bloke playing his first year against men, especially for a fairly ordinary team.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  • Alec
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.