2019 Broncos Line-up

Certainly? You may be surprised. I expect he'll add to his NRL total.
He might add two games to his total like he did in 2018. He has ISC written all over him and will struggle to find a spot in a squad bristling with young talent.

Like last year, I think Tagataese is most valuable as an example to the younger players. A veteran training his ring out in order to maybe jag a bench spot for a couple of games if he's lucky. Teaches the kids that their position is not to be taken for granted and hard work is not optional.

He might add two games to his total like he did in 2018. He has ISC written all over him and will struggle to find a spot in a squad bristling with young talent.
Oh, I thought he played four games in 2018. Your last 13 words appear correct.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought he played four games in 2018. Your last 13 words appear correct.
I just checked, he did play four games. Sorry, my mistake. He will certainly feature a lot more if the team is struggling or they have an injury crisis. If they don't encounter any of these, then it will be tough for him.

I just checked, he did play four games. Sorry, my mistake. He will certainly feature a lot more if the team is struggling or they have an injury crisis. If they don't encounter any of these, then it will be tough for him.
I won't be surprised if he trials exceptionally well and gives himself a real chance. As I've annoyingly said in the past I'd start him and Lodge to lay a platform but like any true fan, what the **** would I know ha.

I tend to agree with @Huge here. If Taggers is putting in the hard yards in the pre-season I'd pay him the due respect of a GF winner and start him. If he performs well that's the only KPI that really counts. Should he falter there are more than enough young guys chomping at the bit to take his place. Added to this it sends the message that to keep a Broncos spot you need to perform consistently.

I'm not opposed to having Taga as a starting prop in order to add some experience and leadership to the pack.

He'd only have to play the first 15 minutes imo.

8. Tagataese
10. Lodge
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior
17. Ofahengaue

Can anyone tell me who they think will get the most minutes in the middle forward rotation?

We're paying Haas 500k so I'm not sure what kind of minutes he's in for. All of them deserve the minutes

I'm not opposed to having Taga as a starting prop in order to add some experience and leadership to the pack.

8. Tagataese
10. Lodge
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior
17. Ofahengaue

Can anyone tell me who they think will get the most minutes in the middle forward rotation?

We're paying Haas 500k so I'm not sure what kind of minutes he's in for. All of them deserve the minutes

That’s the beauty of our current situation, they have to perform every week because there is someone else snapping at their heels. I do think either Ofa or TPJ should start at prop. Maybe Ofa.

Joffa should be a starter. He’s ready and he’s a gun.

I agree, he needs to start to be his most effective self. He takes a while to wind up and can play long minutes. He’s a big guy, but not in the same mould as Lodge, Pangai or even Mago. They can have immediate impact whereas Joffa doesn’t (in my opinion)

I agree, he needs to start to be his most effective self. He takes a while to wind up and can play long minutes. He’s a big guy, but not in the same mould as Lodge, Pangai or even Mago. They can have immediate impact whereas Joffa doesn’t (in my opinion)
Agreed. I think having a prop like him starting next to a Lodge/TPJ offers a great balance. Besides, any one of Lodge, TPJ or Haas, probably offer more impact from the bench.

He might become a great lock as well, if he can add a good offload to his weaponry...

8. Tagataese
10. Lodge
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior
17. Ofahengaue

I'm liking your style ! Very few on here think Tagatese's even good enough for first grade let alone being a starter prop for the greatest team in the history of rugby league! Seriously, I'd agree that 15-20 minutes at the start would be good but he may still be good enough to repeat with 15 mins of the second half. He's better than some think and we have lost so so much experience. I understand he's putting it all on the line this year, his biggest ever effort so I hope he follows through on that.

I'm liking your style ! Very few on here think Tagatese's even good enough for first grade let alone being a starter prop for the greatest team in the history of rugby league! Seriously, I'd agree that 15-20 minutes at the start would be good but he may still be good enough to repeat with 15 mins of the second half. He's better than some think and we have lost so so much experience. I understand he's putting it all on the line this year, his biggest ever effort so I hope he follows through on that.

Or maybe he’s a minimum wage, back up front rower who will be playing Qcup most of the year.

Probably pretty close but Tagatese certainly won't find a spot on the bench. I doubt if Staggs will be used as a bench player either, that's a bit of a waste. He will struggle to crack the lineup. Mago and Carrigan instead possibly but Seibs may go with a reserve dummy half.
Tagga will probably start if Haas doesn't

It really won't matter too much what we do with our forward rotation. I'm keen to see us experiment and find the best balance.

Curious to see how Seibold juggles forwards in the middle. Ofahengaue is going to have to shoulder a lot of the work. TPJ seems the obvious choice at lock. Perhaps we'll see Glenn spend some time in the middle with Gillett, Su'a and Fifita on the fringes?

Also curious to see the bench. Seibold played with 16 a lot towards the end of last season and had an unused back. Another forward / Staggs / Turpin would (obviously) offer more. There's enough versatility in the 17 to cover an injury.

Further also, hope he isn't afraid to rest some of the younger forwards here and there through the season. Long year, need peeps peaking at hopeful finals.

Active Now

• Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.