2019 Broncos Line-up

I'm fairly sure that isnt correct. He did play a fair bit of 2nd row last year though now i think about it. Maybe 1910 can give his input, he probably watched him more than i did.

His effort in 2018 was fantastic for a young bloke playing his first year against men, especially for a fairly ordinary team.
I thought that was correct. The one thing that I see that tells me he could be a lock is stamina. But hell I just want to see him get some game time for us off the bench.

I thought that was correct. The one thing that I see that tells me he could be a lock is stamina. But hell I just want to see him get some game time for us off the bench.

Like i said, no doubt he can play lock, but i really think he is a prop. HE just has that toughness and willingness to do the hard carries. I said a while ago he reminds me of Webcke in that regard. I have no doubts Prop is where he will play his best footy, and i have no doubts if he stays here he will be our captain.

Mate, post something on facebook. I'm keen as hell to see the actual state of you atm haha. I knew things were going downhill after the Christmas tree post

Haha I was a little buzzed for like an hour, that's it. I swear, officer.

Christmas tree post was completely sober thanks bruv.

I would have faith in this line up even though there are a few "risks"

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Payne Haas

It's hard to leave out Staggs

Is the risk because you've never seen some of them play?

Watched last session before Christmas this week, most impressive was T Boyd led every running drill just with enthusiasm and peak level excitement.

Watched last session before Christmas this week, most impressive was T Boyd led every running drill just with enthusiasm and peak level excitement.
Sounds great that a player who hasn't hit the big time yet is making sure he's noticed and exerting a kind of pressure on others. I must admit to building excitement about the AS era. I want the Bronco's decision to be right for all the right reasons I think.

I just can't understand anyone seeing a player with ZERO NRL experience getting handed a starting spot based purely on potential.

I just can't understand anyone seeing a player with ZERO NRL experience getting handed a starting spot based purely on potential.

How does anyone debut in the starting 13? Potential is all there is to go on. I don’t know the stats but I’d say they’re 50/50 when it comes to debuts being starting or bench. Forwards most likely bench, backs most likely starting, halves would go either way depending on if they have utility value.

It helps when the player occupying the position has done very little in two years to demonstrate that he is the long term answer to fill the half back role for this club...

Trial form will obviously play a big role in whether he is a bolter for round one

There's a strange contradiction in team sports where coaches are almost unwilling to take a chance on a player until their hands are tied. Usually the coaches say such and such isn't ready, but then they're not afraid to throw them into the deep end when the team is either low on confidence or personnel.

I wonder how many stars in the game were given a shot because of injury or desperation? Maybe I'd be better off asking, how many stars were given a shot simply because the coach believed they were the best option at the club?

There's a strange contradiction in team sports where coaches are almost unwilling to take a chance on a player until their hands are tied. Usually the coaches say such and such isn't ready, but then they're not afraid to throw them into the deep end when the team is either low on confidence or personnel.

I wonder how many stars in the game were given a shot because of injury or desperation? Maybe I'd be better off asking, how many stars were given a shot simply because the coach believed they were the best option at the club?

KHunt was one, wasn't he? It was right at the start of the season, and he impressed straight away.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KnToad
  • lynx000
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.