2019 Broncos Line-up

Why do you think I haven't seen them play?

Two reasons, you never use game examples just stats and you just include whichever play has an article about them that week.

So I doubt you've seen Boyd or Carrigan from your team named.

Another with blistering speed like Roberts or Ado-car would be awesome. Vudogo may be that.

Brad Fittler urges Payne Haas to stand up to NRL enforcers
NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler has delivered a simple message to hulking Blues hopeful Payne Haas: “Don’t let the old blokes stand over you.”
Despite having only played three NRL games, Haas, 19, is looming as one the most exciting storylines of next year thanks to his 117kg frame, natural athleticism and promise, which have resulted in him being listed as an Emerging Blue.
Outstanding on debut for the Brisbane Broncos in round eight this year, Haas churned through 86m and 13 tackles in his 21 minutes against South Sydney, prompting Channel 9’s Phil Gould to say: “You’re seeing the birth of a superstar.”
However, the following week against Canterbury at Suncorp Stadium, the 194cm wrecking ball was floored in a crunching tackle by Bulldogs enforcer and incumbent Blues tough Dave Klemmer.
The hit was shuddering enough to leave the teenager concussed and with an ankle injury.
Fittler said it would now be up to the young Bronco, who was born in Newcastle, to ready himself for similar challenges next year and prove he is among the competition’s toughest nuts.
“Payne Haas is an incredible talent,” Fittler said.
b0f597a32d23b93f96b62dca231553f7

Payne Haas looms as one the most exciting storylines of next year. Picture. Phil Hillyard
“He showed plenty of potential this season … but then Dave Klemmer went and knocked him out.
“That was a case of an old-timer standing over him, getting the better of him.
“So next year for Payne, it’s now about not letting an older bloke stand over him. It’s about him getting out there and being the No. 1 front-rower.”
While Fittler has no shortage of Origin bookends — think Klemmer, Paul Vaughan, Aaron Woods, Jordan McLean, Matthew Lodge and Reagan Campbell-Gillard — he insisted the “freakish” Haas was a future representative player.
Having already worked with Haas for years in the NSW Pathways system, Fittler also has no doubt the young Bronco can be an NRL force in what will still effectively be his rookie season.
“Because you’re talking about an unbelievable athlete who is going to be part of a really good, young team up there in Brisbane,” Fittler said.
ba4905bec8befceb3a1f7c45636d0042

Payne Haas impressed on his NRL debut for the Broncos. Picture: AAP
“I can still remember the first time I saw Payne, watching him do some testing we were conducting for the NSW Pathways.
“He was only 15 but already he was incredible.
“Big, strong and better than everyone else — some of whom were six years older than him.
“And Payne is still doing it now. He’s a freak.”
While Origin may still seem a long way off for Haas, Fittler’s decision to include 11 new faces for the opening game this year — and the selection of Cronulla’s Matt Prior for game two — ensured every invited member of his Emerging Blues squad presented for training last Thursday.
“I think they all understand there is real opportunity here,” Fittler said.
“Form, it comes and goes. So what we need are 20 players who are primed and ready.”

Source: Courier Mail

And with a team of great players comes horrible origin periods. This time with potentially 5 blues players (Roberts, TPJ, Bird, Lodge and Haas) and 3 maroons (Oates, Offa and Gillo) plus potentially Fifita soon enough. That’s 8 maybe 9 players gone for the origin period. Just like old times. When we used to win.

And with a team of great players comes horrible origin periods. This time with potentially 5 blues players (Roberts, TPJ, Bird, Lodge and Haas) and 3 maroons (Oates, Offa and Gillo) plus potentially Fifita soon enough. That’s 8 maybe 9 players gone for the origin period. Just like old times. When we used to win.

And the post origin slide.

Last edited:
And the post origin slide.
Totally agree but all I ask is that we are playing well enough for all our players to be considered for either side. Got a feeling the rest of the year will then work out like it used to.

No love for Milford?

Sua ?

I didn't think Klemmer got the better of Haas rather it was a head clash primarily due to Haas running sideways. It seemed to me that calling it a big moment of power play is just taking advantage of what was just an accident. No doubt Klemmer was going in to make a solid hit but to me, it was run of the mill stuff.

I didn't think Klemmer got the better of Haas rather it was a head clash primarily due to Haas running sideways. It seemed to me that calling it a big moment of power play is just taking advantage of what was just an accident. No doubt Klemmer was going in to make a solid hit but to me, it was run of the mill stuff.
Regardless. I'm sure Haas (has) his number.

Yes to Milford and Su’a. Man the count goes up. Just forgot about them! No to Boyd as he resigned from rep footy. Ponga will be fullback next year. Or Morgan? Munster and Cherry in the halves. I prefer milf over Munster.

Last edited:
Regardless. I'm sure Haas (has) his number.
Yep. Surely just bad luck. Klemmer seems to be a fair and gentleman like player. Got a lot of respect for him. He talks with his metre eating prowess.

Yes to Milford and Su’a. Man the count goes up. Just forgot about them! No to Boyd as he resigned from rep footy. Ponga will be fullback next year. Or Morgan? Munster and Cherry in the halves. I prefer milf over Munster.

Milford has been woeful in comparison to Munster when it has come to origin.

Munster has come out and said he wants to play fullback for QLD so maybe that's where he is playing for Storm this year.

Ponga is supposedly playing 6 for knights

My QLD backline would maybe look something like this

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Daly Cherry Evans

Question marks over who will be partnering Inglis in the centres. Would be tempted to shift Inglis to the right side to stop Latrell

Last edited:

Munster has come out and said he wants to play fullback for QLD so maybe that's where he is playing for Storm this year.

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Daly Cherry Evans

Question marks over who will be partnering Inglis in the centres. Would be tempted to shift Inglis to the right side to stop Latrell
No surprise that Milford has been terrible considering the Queensland captain gave him nothing and he went off with a very unlucky concussion. Milford is a much better player than Munster and now that the selfish Smith is gone he might be able to show it

No surprise that Milford has been terrible considering the Queensland captain gave him nothing and he went off with a very unlucky concussion. Milford is a much better player than Munster and now that the selfish Smith is gone he might be able to show it

He won't ever get ahead of DCE, Munster, Ponga or Morgan

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Daly Cherry Evans

Morgan will be the 7 i believe

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.