2019 Broncos Line-up

KHunt was one, wasn't he? It was right at the start of the season, and he impressed straight away.
Indeed, they’d bought Motu Tony to play fullback and then he barely saw game time, leaving at the end of that season if memory serves me correctly.

Last edited:
KHunt was one, wasn't he? It was right at the start of the season, and he impressed straight away.

That's exactly the type of case I'm thinking of.

Hunt maybe the ultimate example. A 17 year old Rugby convert who went into the season as a utility being forced to take over from the Australian custodian.

On one hand, it goes to show just how rare it is for a coach to show that amount of faith in a player. On the other hand, I don't think any coach has ever gone out on a limb like Bennett did for Hunt.

Its a shame the way his career went post-broncos, but I always thought there was some kind of "magic" on the field when K hunt played. To see him now floundering between controversy and poor form saddens me. His end is near and I wonder what he might have been. He is now signed to the Waratahs of all things. That seems to be the place bronco's rugby converts go to die with their careers.

Its a shame the way his career went post-broncos, but I always thought there was some kind of "magic" on the field when K hunt played. To see him now floundering between controversy and poor form saddens me. His end is near and I wonder what he might have been. He is now signed to the Waratahs of all things. That seems to be the place bronco's rugby converts go to die with their careers.
Tragic.
Different circumstances but same about Yow Yeh what hopes could of been with that lad.

Indeed, they’d bought Motu Tony to play fullback and then he barely saw game time, leaving at the end of that season if memory serves me correctly.
Think they bought him as a 5/8 but Ben Ikin got the position instead so he went to UK. Also bought his younger brother but not sure what happened to him.

Yeh I was always hot and cold on K Hunt and right up until he left I was still no closer to deciding if he was good great or a bluffer. I used to yearn for him to beat the first tackle when coming out of our end, it very rarely happened. Sure he ran straight and real hard but is sidestep was non-existent. I never saw him as any great loss when he left us either.

There's a strange contradiction in team sports where coaches are almost unwilling to take a chance on a player until their hands are tied. Usually the coaches say such and such isn't ready, but then they're not afraid to throw them into the deep end when the team is either low on confidence or personnel.

I wonder how many stars in the game were given a shot because of injury or desperation? Maybe I'd be better off asking, how many stars were given a shot simply because the coach believed they were the best option at the club?

That's exactly the type of case I'm thinking of.

Hunt maybe the ultimate example. A 17 year old Rugby convert who went into the season as a utility being forced to take over from the Australian custodian.

On one hand, it goes to show just how rare it is for a coach to show that amount of faith in a player. On the other hand, I don't think any coach has ever gone out on a limb like Bennett did for Hunt.

Playing devil's advocate here, some would say that whilst K Hunt is a good example of a player who has handled the physical rigours of first grade, maybe, given his much publicised issues off the field, he wasn't really 'ready'.

This comes back to coaches trying to shield young players not only from playing against men, but also from the emotional and mental impact that fame brings with it. You go from being a nobody to playing alongside your heros, earning millions of dollars, face on TV, being recognised wherever you go.

It takes a real level head to manage that and the weight of expectation that goes with it, especially from such a young age.

It's a tough one. Everyone loves to see the new young gun tearing it up, but there are so many sad stories of kids going off the rails, often turning it around in their mid 20's when they mature. I'm not sure where I fall on this, if the kid seems super mature from such a young age, (Haas and Fafita seem more mature that TPJ :P) then maybe it's fine.

I'd like to think the Broncos have the right culture in place to manage this and the KHunt would not have gone through what he did if he was still here.

Playing devil's advocate here, some would say that whilst K Hunt is a good example of a player who has handled the physical rigours of first grade, maybe, given his much publicised issues off the field, he wasn't really 'ready'.

This comes back to coaches trying to shield young players not only from playing against men, but also from the emotional and mental impact that fame brings with it. You go from being a nobody to playing alongside your heros, earning millions of dollars, face on TV, being recognised wherever you go.

It takes a real level head to manage that and the weight of expectation that goes with it, especially from such a young age.

It's a tough one. Everyone loves to see the new young gun tearing it up, but there are so many sad stories of kids going off the rails, often turning it around in their mid 20's when they mature. I'm not sure where I fall on this, if the kid seems super mature from such a young age, (Haas and Fafita seem more mature that TPJ :P) then maybe it's fine.

I'd like to think the Broncos have the right culture in place to manage this and the KHunt would not have gone through what he did if he was still here.

Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up and there's certainly an argument to be made there. Without knowing Karmichael, it seemed like his career went off the rails on the Gold Coast. When Bennett gave him that opportunity in 2004, there was no way to know that in six years time, he would be in such high demand. You can't think that far ahead, only in the present and during his time here, Karmichael certainly delivered for the Broncos.

This is what I'm most worried with for TPJ.

Follow him on instagram and watch his live stories he posts.

I watched one yesterday where he was driving a car while recording himself singing. He turned the camera to Haas and he said "**** off c%#+". He clearly didn't want any of it

It's just not really a great look.

Last edited:

No sympathy from me. He fucked over the Broncos and made his bed, I hope he fucking hates lying in it.

No sympathy from me. He fucked over the Broncos and made his bed, I hope he fucking hates lying in it.

Not sure why you'd still be so bitter about Karmichael. Someone like Tesi Niu could turn out to be a much better player. Isaako is already close to being better than Hunt was.

Would love to sign Folau even though I don't agree with everything he says or believes.. Just keep him away from politics

Last edited:
FIJI Airways Fiji 7s squad member Ilikena Vudogo has crossed the bridge to rugby league after signing a contract with the Brisbane Broncos This will see the national under-20 rep switching codes from rugby union to rugby league.
Source: Fiji Times

Not sure why you'd still be so bitter about Karmichael. Someone like Tesi Niu could turn out to be a much better player. Isaako is already close to being better than Hunt was.

Would love to sign Folau even though I don't agree with everything he says or believes.. Just keep him away from politics

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Yes, those guys are probably going to be great players, maybe even better than what Hunt could/would be, but we are talking about nearly a different generation. The lengths the Broncos went to try and keep KHunt only for him to screw them over affected us for years.

**** him.

Source: Fiji Times
Upload 2018 12 23 14 7 20

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Yes, those guys are probably going to be great players, maybe even better than what Hunt could/would be, but we are talking about nearly a different generation. The lengths the Broncos went to try and keep KHunt only for him to screw them over affected us for years.

**** him.

Did you see the zero’s that AFL threw at him? They were desperate for a scalp and wouldn’t have stopped until they got him. And Hunt was the perfect target because he’d done it all, premiership, state and country rep jerseys, massive profile, and still so young.

Issako isnt anywhere near close to Hunt at all. He can kick goals better. Thats really it.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.